Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I hope Martha Stewart gets off...

Credits

I hope Martha Stewart gets off...

Men have been doing it for years, just because she's a famous WOMAN deh want to make a big federal case and put de woman under de blasted jail. :

Credits

Re: I hope Martha Stewart gets off...

Originally posted by Dougla_Ting
    Men have been doing it for years, just because she's a famous WOMAN deh want to make a big federal case and put de woman under de blasted jail. :

i agree.

Credits
    I hope she does too. We own her stock.

Credits

i agree too

Credits

just like your earlier post bout Jason williams....you do the crime you do the time...:)
    www.VibesFromVenus.com

Credits
    Funy I said that same thing a couple of days ago at work and I swear every man in the room looked at me liked I bumped my head.

Credits

Re: Re: I hope Martha Stewart gets off...

Originally posted by Kamasutra
    just like your earlier post bout Jason williams....you do the crime you do the time...:)
    This is not a violent crime.... No one is hurt and no one is dead.

Credits

Re: Re: Re: I hope Martha Stewart gets off...

This is not a violent crime.... No one is hurt and no one is dead.
    stupse wuh happen wid ms stewart ain't nothing outta de ordinary

for instance if u got a friend that work in restaurant and dem tell u that dem does use low grade products..u would go somewhere else..what is de difference..i hope seh get off in truth..
    Some men move mountains
    Some women move men who move mountains
    Most women with mountains move some men
    But I...I am a woman who is moved by men who can get through the valley

Queen GodIs

Solidarity

i hear yuh bout de double standards. still, dem kinda "white collar" crimes does cause nuff harm too and many times is de least fortunate sectors of society dat get hurt de most by de trickle down impact.

Dragon

Re: Re: Re: I hope Martha Stewart gets off...

Insider Trading

The securities laws broadly prohibit fraudulent activities of any kind in connection with the offer, purchase, or sale of securities. These provisions are the basis for many types of disciplinary actions, including actions against fraudulent insider trading. Insider trading is illegal when a person trades a security while in possession of material nonpublic information in violation of a duty to withhold the information or refrain from trading. ... how would you feel .. if you bought stock in a company and all the rich people told their friend the stock is about to crash and they all sold their stock and you are left with some worthless stock . i think the government is doing the right think ... She try to save $45,000 in stocks and lost millions because of greed ... the same thing was done 10 yrs. ago by a man and he was fined $2,000,000 plus he got a yr. and ah half in jail

Credits
    Lock her up:p I don't like her anyways.

Credits

Re: Re: I hope Martha Stewart gets off...

Originally posted by Solidarity
    i hear yuh bout de double standards. still, dem kinda "white collar" crimes does cause nuff harm too and many times is de least fortunate sectors of society dat get hurt de most by de trickle down impact.
    Soli, thanks for representing with the flag. We need support right now.

Though I generally agree that many "white collar" crimes are very harmful to many people and the punishment is nowhere near the same as other crimes, I feel that Martha Stewart's situation is different. It was not a significant amount of money and she didnt steal from alot of people. This is not Enron. The Enron folks, who resulted in people losing their jobs, their retirements and in many instances their way of living, were completely wrong and they need to go to jail. Martha is just hated because she is a very powerful woman. This could be Oprah. Strong women get taken down quickly for doing the same things men do.

Credits

Re: Re: Re: Re: I hope Martha Stewart gets off...

Originally posted by DRAGON
    Insider Trading

The securities laws broadly prohibit fraudulent activities of any kind in connection with the offer, purchase, or sale of securities. These provisions are the basis for many types of disciplinary actions, including actions against fraudulent insider trading. Insider trading is illegal when a person trades a security while in possession of material nonpublic information in violation of a duty to withhold the information or refrain from trading. how would you feel .. if you bought stock in a company and all the rich people told their friend the stock is about to crash and they all sold their stock and you are left with some worthless stock . i think the government is doing the right think ... She try to save $45,000 in stocks and lost millions because of greed ... the same thing was done 10 yrs. ago by a man and he was fined $2,000,000 plus he got a yr. and ah half in jail
    a whole year and a half wow...

Credits
    Hey didn't they try to prosecute Ophra a few years ago for just mentioning that she would not eat beef again....so why not Ms Stewart if she was actually involved in some stock scam.
    www.VibesFromVenus.com

Credits
    Originally posted by sexyslim68
    Funy I said that same thing a couple of days ago at work and I swear every man in the room looked at me liked I bumped my head.

I see I wasn't the only one who got that reaction...

Why is that when men do certain things it is ok but when a woman does it is a federal case???

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast