Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 36

Thread: I hope Martha Stewart gets off...

  1. #1
    Happily Ever After Dougla Ting's Avatar Dougla Ting is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    My own world
    Posts
    17,077
    Credits
    1,534,359

    I hope Martha Stewart gets off...

    Men have been doing it for years, just because she's a famous WOMAN deh want to make a big federal case and put de woman under de blasted jail. :

  2. #2
    ~N.A.T.T.Y Valos~ Val3nie2debone's Avatar Val3nie2debone is offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    in a house
    Posts
    18,268
    Credits
    2,134,267

    Re: I hope Martha Stewart gets off...

    Originally posted by Dougla_Ting
    Men have been doing it for years, just because she's a famous WOMAN deh want to make a big federal case and put de woman under de blasted jail. :

    i agree.

  3. #3
    Island Soul's PD zenzele1's Avatar zenzele1 is offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    8,416
    Credits
    1,010,073
    I hope she does too. We own her stock.

  4. #4
    not so happy to be happy MrsFlex's Avatar MrsFlex is offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    g building in turkey
    Posts
    4,488
    Credits
    1,011,161

    Re: I hope Martha Stewart gets off...

    Originally posted by Dougla_Ting
    Men have been doing it for years, just because she's a famous WOMAN deh want to make a big federal case and put de woman under de blasted jail. :
    i agree too

  5. #5
    MLO, CTA 4 LIFE Kamasutra's Avatar Kamasutra is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    planet venus
    Posts
    7,632
    Credits
    1,064,780

    Re: I hope Martha Stewart gets off...

    Originally posted by Dougla_Ting
    Men have been doing it for years, just because she's a famous WOMAN deh want to make a big federal case and put de woman under de blasted jail. :
    just like your earlier post bout Jason williams....you do the crime you do the time...:)
    www.VibesFromVenus.com

  6. #6
    Registered User sexyslim68's Avatar sexyslim68 is offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    247
    Credits
    1,005,802
    Funy I said that same thing a couple of days ago at work and I swear every man in the room looked at me liked I bumped my head.

  7. #7
    Happily Ever After Dougla Ting's Avatar Dougla Ting is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    My own world
    Posts
    17,077
    Credits
    1,534,359

    Re: Re: I hope Martha Stewart gets off...

    Originally posted by Kamasutra
    just like your earlier post bout Jason williams....you do the crime you do the time...:)
    This is not a violent crime.... No one is hurt and no one is dead.

  8. #8
    The Great Pretender Sugahkhayne's Avatar Sugahkhayne is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    In my skin
    Posts
    16,502
    Credits
    1,041,886

    Re: Re: Re: I hope Martha Stewart gets off...

    Originally posted by Dougla_Ting
    This is not a violent crime.... No one is hurt and no one is dead.
    stupse wuh happen wid ms stewart ain't nothing outta de ordinary

    for instance if u got a friend that work in restaurant and dem tell u that dem does use low grade products..u would go somewhere else..what is de difference..i hope seh get off in truth..
    Some men move mountains
    Some women move men who move mountains
    Most women with mountains move some men
    But I...I am a woman who is moved by men who can get through the valley

    Queen GodIs

  9. #9
    Solidarity
    Guest

    Re: I hope Martha Stewart gets off...

    Originally posted by Dougla_Ting
    Men have been doing it for years, just because she's a famous WOMAN deh want to make a big federal case and put de woman under de blasted jail. :
    i hear yuh bout de double standards. still, dem kinda "white collar" crimes does cause nuff harm too and many times is de least fortunate sectors of society dat get hurt de most by de trickle down impact.

  10. #10
    Dragon
    Guest

    Re: Re: Re: I hope Martha Stewart gets off...

    Insider Trading

    The securities laws broadly prohibit fraudulent activities of any kind in connection with the offer, purchase, or sale of securities. These provisions are the basis for many types of disciplinary actions, including actions against fraudulent insider trading. Insider trading is illegal when a person trades a security while in possession of material nonpublic information in violation of a duty to withhold the information or refrain from trading. ... how would you feel .. if you bought stock in a company and all the rich people told their friend the stock is about to crash and they all sold their stock and you are left with some worthless stock . i think the government is doing the right think ... She try to save $45,000 in stocks and lost millions because of greed ... the same thing was done 10 yrs. ago by a man and he was fined $2,000,000 plus he got a yr. and ah half in jail

  11. #11
    Rum Aficionado/Soca-holic Rummy's Avatar Rummy is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Posts
    20,352
    Credits
    1,027,691
    Lock her up:p I don't like her anyways.

  12. #12
    Island Soul's PD zenzele1's Avatar zenzele1 is offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    8,416
    Credits
    1,010,073

    Re: Re: I hope Martha Stewart gets off...

    Originally posted by Solidarity
    i hear yuh bout de double standards. still, dem kinda "white collar" crimes does cause nuff harm too and many times is de least fortunate sectors of society dat get hurt de most by de trickle down impact.
    Soli, thanks for representing with the flag. We need support right now.

    Though I generally agree that many "white collar" crimes are very harmful to many people and the punishment is nowhere near the same as other crimes, I feel that Martha Stewart's situation is different. It was not a significant amount of money and she didnt steal from alot of people. This is not Enron. The Enron folks, who resulted in people losing their jobs, their retirements and in many instances their way of living, were completely wrong and they need to go to jail. Martha is just hated because she is a very powerful woman. This could be Oprah. Strong women get taken down quickly for doing the same things men do.

  13. #13
    Happily Ever After Dougla Ting's Avatar Dougla Ting is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    My own world
    Posts
    17,077
    Credits
    1,534,359

    Re: Re: Re: Re: I hope Martha Stewart gets off...

    Originally posted by DRAGON
    Insider Trading

    The securities laws broadly prohibit fraudulent activities of any kind in connection with the offer, purchase, or sale of securities. These provisions are the basis for many types of disciplinary actions, including actions against fraudulent insider trading. Insider trading is illegal when a person trades a security while in possession of material nonpublic information in violation of a duty to withhold the information or refrain from trading. how would you feel .. if you bought stock in a company and all the rich people told their friend the stock is about to crash and they all sold their stock and you are left with some worthless stock . i think the government is doing the right think ... She try to save $45,000 in stocks and lost millions because of greed ... the same thing was done 10 yrs. ago by a man and he was fined $2,000,000 plus he got a yr. and ah half in jail
    a whole year and a half wow...

  14. #14
    MLO, CTA 4 LIFE Kamasutra's Avatar Kamasutra is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    planet venus
    Posts
    7,632
    Credits
    1,064,780
    Hey didn't they try to prosecute Ophra a few years ago for just mentioning that she would not eat beef again....so why not Ms Stewart if she was actually involved in some stock scam.
    www.VibesFromVenus.com

  15. #15
    Registered User candy69's Avatar candy69 is offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Use your imagination
    Posts
    129
    Credits
    1,005,578
    Originally posted by sexyslim68
    Funy I said that same thing a couple of days ago at work and I swear every man in the room looked at me liked I bumped my head.


    I see I wasn't the only one who got that reaction...

    Why is that when men do certain things it is ok but when a woman does it is a federal case???

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •