Thread: I Have A Rape Question??????????

Credits

Cool I Have A Rape Question??????????

Now a lot of times when ah woman is accusing a man/men of rape, defense lawyers go digging up in a woman's past to try and find information which might discredit her or show a history of accusations and such. Now many rape victims see this as insensitive or invasive. I've spoken to several rape victims and they've alluded to the fact that many times when the rape is reported they are not treated as victims. I've even heard it say that sometimes the alleged rape victim feels like they're the ones on trial. Now seeing that rape is a very serious allegation, how do you maintain the standard of innocent until PROVEN guilty but yet side and sympathize with the accuser??? Why is it that a lot of times with rape that for the accused it's guilty until proven innocent?? What are your thoughts??

Credits
    okayyyyyy...so today's imix theme must be sexual abuse

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by LolaMs

for real wassu with dat...........anyway ah on di sideline

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot_Gal973
    for real wassu with dat...........anyway ah on di sideline

I should've never post about if men felt molested then wempy would've never gone in de mind to post her post and now taliban continue..chups

Credits
    Yo that sh!t is serious. I myself have ssen this happen, but is other women that make this bad for the real victims, It's sad and is really alot we could do but talk about it, cause that aint go stop so, that's just how it is! Too many ppl take advantage of the law so dem peace officers, have to scrutinize.
    Last edited by Kimmy16; 05-08-2006 at 02:47 PM.

Credits
    *sigh*
    this is jus too much for me today

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Soca Taliban
    Now a lot of times when ah woman is accusing a man/men of rape, defense lawyers go digging up in a woman's past to try and find information which might discredit her or show a history of accusations and such. Now many rape victims see this as insensitive or invasive. I've spoken to several rape victims and they've alluded to the fact that many times when the rape is reported they are not treated as victims. I've even heard it say that sometimes the alleged rape victim feels like they're the ones on trial. Now seeing that rape is a very serious allegation, how do you maintain the standard of innocent until PROVEN guilty but yet side and sympathize with the accuser??? Why is it that a lot of times with rape that for the accused it's guilty until proven innocent?? What are your thoughts??

I think this happens b/c like many other society's ours is male dominated one, and crimes where the perpatrator is a man and the "victim" a woman...the law, juss leans toward seeing the man as more credible. There are so many "concoted" beliefs about women that have been in existance for centuries..and one of the main one's is that women use there sexuality to bring men down. Since many of powerful men have indeed committed rape and other acts in which have gone to trial and ruined them...the law (being the boys club that it is) now have taken the position of trying to protect the reputation of these men.

oh and yes some women do lie about being raped..buh i think there are far more who don't or are ashamed to report it

and we're off....

Credits

Cool

the law, juss leans toward seeing the man as more credible. ....
    But a lot of times this isn't how it's perceived. Usually the accused is presumed guilty until proven innocent rather than the other way around.

Credits

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by bkhoney
    *sigh*
    What's wrong with you? It's a simple question!

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Soca Taliban
    But a lot of times this isn't how it's perceived. Usually the accused is presumed guilty until proven innocent rather than the other way around.

nope..depends on the STATURE of the accused...maybe yuh avg. joe buh not errr your local congressman, he is presumed innocent and then they try make a case to discredit the woman. As a matter of fact..now that i think about it STATUS is what determines which side the law will be sympathetic too if u ask me. If it is an influential and affluent woman accusing a man with social standing...law sways to her, and vice versa

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by bkhoney
    *sigh*
    ah kno wha yuh mean babes

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetestrini
    ah kno wha yuh mean babes

sorry...