Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: i am supposed to go out tonight

nikkigiovanni

i am supposed to go out tonight

but i don't even want to

but i have to support a friend....when you have a lot of friends that are artists and promoters, you spend the majority of your life showing everyone support....it is exhausting

*sigh*

I can only be me.... MadamStatuesque's Avatar MadamStatuesque is offline
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by aDreamDeferred View Post
    but i don't even want to

but i have to support a friend....when you have a lot of friends that are artists and promoters, you spend the majority of your life showing everyone support....it is exhausting

*sigh*
    si... just chill out or just go and do something for u.
    Not a single ounce of fock shall be given today...

Credits
    tell me about it! lol. well decide later.. if you feel like going go, but if you dont feel up to it then dont go..
    Never waste your time trying to explain who you are to people who are committed to misunderstanding you.

Velvet Glove. Iron Fist

mi style still sharp .....u a A-Minor and dem a B-Flat

Credits
    carry Colussos on your date wid you..
    Dragon IG :: http://instagram.com/islandmixusa

Mad Scorpion
    but i don't even want to

*sigh*
    Learn to be supportive in other ways. Help plan, contribute, offer ideas, etc. Find ways to show you care that don't invole only being there because they are a friend. One should enjoy being supportive of people they care about. Anytime it becomes a chore or a bother in any way then either the friendshp parameters need to be revisited and titles may need adjusting or you just might need a break from that friendship environment. Apart from that friends should understand that sometimes you can't be there. If you don't feel like going follow your mind. It may be a premonition to something unpleasant (even if all it means is you have a sucky time).

nikkigiovanni
    problem is, she made an effort to come to the bbq this past weekend...she only stayed for about half and hour, so she showed her face...i know she is expecting me to do the same

the party is going to be at the 40/40 club...those types of places is not my scene at all

Mad Scorpion
    problem is, she made an effort to come to the bbq this past weekend...she only stayed for about half and hour, so she showed her face...i know she is expecting me to do the same

the party is going to be at the 40/40 club...those types of places is not my scene at all
    Well return the favor in kind. Stop by for a few and make sure yuh greet she den ghost!!

Credits
    yea nikki.. "move like a spanish".. eat, drink and roll out! you dont have to stay.. come for the beginning and leave at some point.
    Never waste your time trying to explain who you are to people who are committed to misunderstanding you.

Velvet Glove. Iron Fist

mi style still sharp .....u a A-Minor and dem a B-Flat

nikkigiovanni
    Quote Originally Posted by Akbar Zeb View Post
    Learn to be supportive in other ways. Help plan, contribute, offer ideas, etc. Find ways to show you care that don't invole only being there because they are a friend. One should enjoy being supportive of people they care about. Anytime it becomes a chore or a bother in any way then either the friendshp parameters need to be revisited and titles may need adjusting or you just might need a break from that friendship environment. Apart from that friends should understand that sometimes you can't be there. If you don't feel like going follow your mind. It may be a premonition to something unpleasant (even if all it means is you have a sucky time).
    it's not about the friendship...i love her dearly, but it's about me not being in the spirit

my friends are ALWAYS doing something...if it's not a concert, it's a play, a film festival, dance theater, a party, a celebration dinner, poetry readings, poetry shows on the radio. blah blah blah...and let's not forget the general "we haven't hung out in so long, i wanna seeeeeee you"

i don't have any children, and i am ALWAYS supportive on all levels, so it is something they have grown to EXPECT from me

Credits
    Girl just go out and have yourself a good time...it's just one night babe.
    "Giving up is hard to do
    When you really love someone
    Giving up .... so hard to do
    When you still depend upon
    Her warm and tender touch
    Her kiss and her hug..........her caress
    Oooooh that used to mean so much
    And bring you happiness"

- Donny Hathaway

nikkigiovanni
    Quote Originally Posted by Akbar Zeb View Post
    Well return the favor in kind. Stop by for a few and make sure yuh greet she den ghost!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ladyrastafari View Post
    yea nikki.. "move like a spanish".. eat, drink and roll out! you dont have to stay.. come for the beginning and leave at some point.

it's easy to show your face and bounce at a bbq when you live 5 minutes aways from it....but it's gonna take a lot of effort for me to get to the 40/40 Club...that means i am gonna have to find some dressy outfit to wear that is going to make me uncomfortable...then that is roundtrip taxi fare from bk to manhattan...that's a lot of effort for me right now (i am on my heavy flow day to make it worse)...maybe on another day i would feel different...but i feel bad because this girl is an EXCELLENT friend to me

I can only be me.... MadamStatuesque's Avatar MadamStatuesque is offline
    Credits
    it's easy to show your face and bounce at a bbq when you live 5 minutes aways from it....but it's gonna take a lot of effort for me to get to the 40/40 Club...that means i am gonna have to find some dressy outfit to wear that is going to make me uncomfortable...then that is roundtrip taxi fare from bk to manhattan...that's a lot of effort for me right now (i am on my heavy flow day to make it worse)...maybe on another day i would feel different...but i feel bad because this girl is an EXCELLENT friend to me
    so take a motrin, use a tampon, suck it up, and go...
    Not a single ounce of fock shall be given today...

Mad Scorpion
    it's not about the friendship...i love her dearly, but it's about me not being in the spirit

my friends are ALWAYS doing something...if it's not a concert, it's a play, a film festival, dance theater, a party, a celebration dinner, poetry readings, poetry shows on the radio. blah blah blah...and let's not forget the general "we haven't hung out in so long, i wanna seeeeeee you"

i don't have any children, and i am ALWAYS supportive on all levels, so it is something they have grown to EXPECT from me
    Well yuh spoil dem so yuh ha to deal with it.

Credits
    but i don't even want to

*sigh*
    YES, YES it is

nikkigiovanni
    Quote Originally Posted by GroovyLittleThing View Post
    so take a motrin, use a tampon, suck it up, and go...
    i did,...and i had a decent time....

it was packed, my feet were killing me from the skinny high heels, and i was getting a little too tipsy cause all i had to eat all day was 2 slices of pizza in the afternoon...lol

the music was nice tho, and the vibe was cool....it's always that way during gay pride month...too bad i felt like i was surrounded by a bunch of lesbian midgets otherwise i woulda holla'd at some of them...lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast