Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: I AM PART BLACK, PART ASIAN, PART EUROPEAN n PART AMERINDIAN

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by limintrinibwoy View Post
    me n u know dis.....but he tell u dat...and dat is what he own two eye dem see.....wat say ye.....he blacckaaa dan pitch an he tell u dat u eh black....cause from what he see wit he own two eye...u eh BLACK....he say HE black....wah yuh go say.....
    Then he has to EXPLAIN to me what his TWO EYES saw and then we can take it from there.

YUHHHHHH SEEEEEEEE MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Credits
    This TOPIC sort of REMINDS me of a DOCUMENTARY which was hosted by Henry Louis Gates.

He was in SWAHILI COAST talking to these men that were AFRICAN, but they will DENY their AFRICANITY or AFRICANNESS for that of CLAIMING to be ARABS.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by VINCYPOWA View Post
    He would be a MAD MAN because being BLACK doesn't mean you have to be DARK SKIN, be it in AFRICA or the Americas.

YUHHHHHH SEEEEEEEEE MEEEEEEEEEEEEEe
    Many people would debate you on that. Race in and of itself is a social construct, and as a result the definition of what is "Black" varies from society to society and nation to nation. Plenty people considered Black in the US would not be seen as such in Latin America, the Caribbean or Africa.
    "sa ki ta'w sé ta'w, la rivié pé pa chayé'l "

Father, before mi mind get bad
    Betta yuh flip it round and mek mi mind get mad
    Mi prefer fi work hard everyday fi achieve mi goals
    Nah grudge nobody fi dem own

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by SKBai1991 View Post
    Many people would debate you on that. Race in and of itself is a social construct, and as a result the definition of what is "Black" varies from society to society and nation to nation. Plenty people considered Black in the US would not be seen as such in Latin America, the Caribbean or Africa.
    SMH

Too BAD I do not GET CAUGHT UP in all that CONSTRUCT, because when all is said and done, they're all of AFRICAN DESCENT, which is something that NONE can DENY.

Credits
    SMH

Too BAD I do not GET CAUGHT UP in all that CONSTRUCT, because when all is said and done, they're all of AFRICAN DESCENT, which is something that NONE can DENY.
    And many are also of European descent, which is something that cannot be denied either.

Credits
    Then he has to EXPLAIN to me what his TWO EYES saw and then we can take it from there.

YUHHHHHH SEEEEEEEE MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
    its already explained....he sees someone that is not not black as he..therefore he is truly black...and anyone outside of his "blackness" is not black but a mixture/mut of some sort, not black that is what he sees with his two eyes.

Credits
    And many are also of European descent, which is something that cannot be denied either.
    We can SEE the AFRICAN in them, not sure about the EUROPEAN.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by limintrinibwoy View Post
    its already explained....he sees someone that is not not black as he..therefore he is truly black...and anyone outside of his "blackness" is not black but a mixture/mut of some sort, not black that is what he sees with his two eyes.
    But he has a SHORTSIGHTED VIEW of what BLACKNESS is. If his MIND was not CORRUPTED with that SHORTSIGHTED VIEW, what his EYES saw would not have been CONFUSING to him.

YUHHHHHHHHHHH SEEEEEEEEE MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEe

Credits
    We can SEE the AFRICAN in them, not sure about the EUROPEAN.
    Again, subjective. Furthermore, just because you cannot "see" the admixture doesn't mean it's not there or that it doesn't count.

And what if you can "see" the African in a person but its not enough to be considered Black?

But he has a SHORTSIGHTED VIEW of what BLACKNESS is. If his MIND was not CORRUPTED with that SHORTSIGHTED VIEW, what his EYES saw would not have been CONFUSING to him.

or perhaps you just have a short-sighted view of what Whiteness or Indian-ness or being mixed-race is. Not everything with African ancestry is necessarily Black.
    mz_JazE likes this.

Credits
    Again, subjective. Furthermore, just because you cannot "see" the admixture doesn't mean it's not there or that it doesn't count.
    There is nothing SUBJECTIVE about what my EYES are seeing. What can be deem SUBJECTIVE is my INTERPRETATION of the VISUAL.

And what if you can "see" the African in a person but its not enough to be considered Black?
    If I can see the AFRICAN in a person then that person is BLACK.

If for EXAMPLE, I cannot see the AFRICAN in, for example, Dr. Watson......

He is not BLACK.

or perhaps you just have a short-sighted view of what Whiteness or Indian-ness or being mixed-race is. Not everything with African ancestry is necessarily Black.
    Feel FREE to EXPLAIN what WHITENESS or INDIAN-NESS is.

Credits
    This thread is quite interesting, its funny when im in the caribbean they see me as a "dougla" in the states, they think im Latina, and in Canada...well they see me as black. Ive gotten tired of having to give them the run down of my background so I just say im Black, because clearly thats what they "see".

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by MzStLucia View Post
    This thread is quite interesting, its funny when im in the caribbean they see me as a "dougla" in the states, they think im Latina, and in Canada...well they see me as black. Ive gotten tired of having to give them the run down of my background so I just say im Black, because clearly thats what they "see".
    Is a LATINA not BLACK?

Credits

so because he sees what he sees.....he is then corrupted? he is from bush where everyone looks like him.....so when he sees someone that does not look like him, claiming to be what he is, he denies that which he sees and calls it false...is he wrong? he is influenced by nothing other than his surroundings and experience. He is black...you are not pure...not black

Credits
    My EYES do not LIE...I GO with what I SEE...therefore it is not an INTERPRETATION.

As for WHITE CHOCOLATE, it must have an INGREDIENT from the CACAO for the word CHOCOLATE to be ASSOCIATED with it, no?.

YUHHHHHHHH SEEEEEEEEE MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
    well then if that is the case then you see what you want to see..

and go find out what is defined as chocolate and what is defined as white chocolate.. .
    Never waste your time trying to explain who you are to people who are committed to misunderstanding you.

Velvet Glove. Iron Fist

mi style still sharp .....u a A-Minor and dem a B-Flat

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by MzStLucia View Post
    yea.. its best to just state what is your lineage and leave them to see whatever they want to see... when its time to fill out your forms, only you there, not them..
    Never waste your time trying to explain who you are to people who are committed to misunderstanding you.

Velvet Glove. Iron Fist

mi style still sharp .....u a A-Minor and dem a B-Flat

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast