Obeahman

Hypa Dog Roadmarch?????

Lil Rick's Hypa Dog 1st
    Rupee 2nd
    Krosfyah 3rd

I think thats what I heard

Dragon

Wet fete - Tuesday 06, August-2002

[updated:LAST EDITED ON Aug-06-02 AT 08:58 AM (EST)]http://www.islandmix.com/backchat/forums/User_files/3d4fc78809d0c3d6.jpg http://www.islandmix.com/backchat/forums/User_files/3d4fc7930accc400.jpg

[font color="Black" size="2" face="face"]NOT EVEN the rain could wash out the colour, spectacle and the fun of this yearís Crop-Over Festival as it climaxed yesterday with thousands of people jumping in Grand Kadooment from the National Stadium to Spring Garden Highway. Liíl Rick (Ricky Reid) marched off with the Tune Of The Crop title, his Hypa Dawg dominating the road to add to his Party Monarch crown.
    Band leader Gwyneth Squires, with her 500-strong band, 100 % Bajan And Over, took the lionís share of the prizes, while Chesterfield Haynesí Cable & Wireless Contact of 575 revellers, designed by Chris Williams, grabbed the prestigious Large Band Of The Year title among other prizes.
    [/font]

[font color="RED" size="4" face=""][center]Islands United
    Girl Power
    October 10th Miami Carnival
    [/font]
    http://www.islandmix.com/cgi-bin/backchat/dcboard.cgi?az=view_attachment&file=3d400fa20b20e20a.jpg

Credits

RE: Wet fete - Tuesday 06, August-2002

[font size=3]Are these Imix ladies too ???? Curious minds want to know.........[/font]

Dragon

[font color="Black" size="2" face="face"]NO ... They are just some of the sexy women in Barbados[/font]

[font color="RED" size="4" face=""][center]Islands United
    Girl Power
    October 10th Miami Carnival
    [/font]
    http://www.islandmix.com/cgi-bin/backchat/dcboard.cgi?az=view_attachment&file=3d400fa20b20e20a.jpg

Credits

RE: Hypa Dog Roadmarch?????

[updated:LAST EDITED ON Aug-06-02 AT 10:59 AM (EST)]rupee was 2nd?!! what song? people were convinced he would have won because he had 3 songs in the running. he was worried that his absence from barbados thurs to saturday would have hampered his chance. i've never heard lil ricks' song. it really nice?

Credits

Rupee came second with This is Festival... I heard Hypa Dog once b4 but I forget how it go ... I surprise it beat out both Rupee and Krosfyah but I guess the people down in Bdos feelin it... I guess I go have to find it somewhere to listen to

www.mrjump.freeservers.com
    www.kadooment.com
    www.kadooment.com/Rupee (soon to be updated!)

Stay safe and sweet and enjoy de soca!

Credits

i know lil rick does have some hype songs, so i want to hear it. this is festival is a nice song, rupee sang it on the boat, no?

Credits

I heard hypa dog yesterday on WBLS and honestly I'm not feeling it. Maybe it's something that has to grow on me, but I don't see it doing much in NY. Rupee's song Festival, i'm still trying to find. However, the Krosfyah song is nice and would be nice for Labor Day and Miami.

Credits

for real?! is it better or worse than "hard wine" or "ruff wuk"?? those songs were too much!

soca_chick

In my opinion, Lil Ricks tune "hypa dog" is not bad...i dont think its better than Ruff Wuk though. I love all 3 of Rupees tunes..they are sounding too sweet. And of course Krosfyah is sounding really hot this year...i like their tune "Road Jam" and I LOVE their tune "LING TONG" aka JOUVERT MORNING...that song is real nice. It kinda reminds me of a continuation to Sak Passe. Allyuh check that tune out. DR. Jay plays it on www.flow935.com on Sundays between 6-8pm.

Peace,
    Soca_chick aka SocaGal

Credits

Hey guys, I'm still here in Barbados. Lil Rick is probably the most popular entertainer here in Barbaods right now. Especially with the younger gerneration. His "hype" songs are geared to them and he some how seems to easily connects with them. Hypa Dawg is the biggest tune here but Rupee's song will defintely be big in the states. It goes to the Tour of Duty theme music and also has a very nice intro that sends people crazy here, like how "Jump" had a wicked intro. As usual Edwin Yearwood and Krosfyah come sweet again this year. "I feel like wukkin up".

Later folks!

Credits

anyone know where I can hear Hypa dog on de net? ... and I agree with Inferno, I think Rupee song go do real well in de states and possibly Road Jam too... guess we'll have to wait and see

www.mrjump.freeservers.com
    www.kadooment.com
    www.kadooment.com/Rupee (soon to be updated!)

Stay safe and sweet and enjoy de soca!

Credits

i predict that djtonytempo will add it soon:

http://www.djtonytempo.com/mixes/barbados2002/barbados_cropover_2002_music.htm

i like road jam.

Credits

http://www.vob929.com/

The Crop Over season has ended on a "howl", rather, a high for Party Monarch, Li'l Rick.

At the end of Grand Kadooment yesterday, his self-penned song Hypa Dog copped the title, Road March, a week after it swept away the competition at the Calypso Bowl on the East Coast.

The National Cultural Foundation says "Hypa Dog was heard by the judges 16 times along the route which started at the National Stadium and ended at Spring Garden Highway."

Rupee's This is Festival was the second favourite song for costumed revelers while last year's monarch, Edwin placed third with Road Jam

Credits

Nice pictures Dragon ...them bajan girls look sweet .....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast