Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hurricane Season is upon us

Credits

Hurricane Season is upon us

Ok I know most Imixers have de Football fever right now.....and others have de festival fever.......

but as the first Storm for the season (Alberta) makes its way to the US ...yah just have to think.....hell yeah its hurricane season....

so before I give Power my money and go to any more soca fetes.....I have to stock up on mah food ...cornbeef, biscuit, tuna, milk, noodles.....first aind kit to restack....medicines and toiletries......batteries can done......bottles and buckets for water......dis ting real serious

yes i know some ah wanna might not live in de hurricane belt but remember us that do.......
    We going from Sun til Sun.......

Kiz
    Credits
    I have some tins of Tuna from 1997 ah could send yuh

Credits
    Correction: Tropical Storm Alberto

It been a good 6 years since mi island last had a severe hurricane. I hope this year make it 7

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Trinikiz
    I have some tins of Tuna from 1997 ah could send yuh

hmmmm now wha I gine do wid dat

AXA_Princess i know what u mean for Bim it has been over a century we havent had a direct hit....and over 50 years since Janet which passed close

but as forecasters think that our time might soon be up since storms are suppose to be further south this time around.........then again they said that last year too and although they did form further south we were still lucky

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugar Apple
    Ok I know most Imixers have de Football fever right now.....and others have de festival fever.......

but as the first Storm for the season (Alberta) makes its way to the US ...yah just have to think.....hell yeah its hurricane season....

so before I give Power my money and go to any more soca fetes.....I have to stock up on mah food ...cornbeef, biscuit, tuna, milk, noodles.....first aind kit to restack....medicines and toiletries......batteries can done......bottles and buckets for water......dis ting real serious

yes i know some ah wanna might not live in de hurricane belt but remember us that do.......

Unfortunatley, no one is safe. A large population of this sites users live on the East Coast of the untied states, where it's expected to be pretty bad this year

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/HAW2/english/intro.shtml

Credits
    I just pray that this year will be pure tropical storms and nothing else cause nuff ppl still aint get they roofs fix and some of the streets still a mess..........
    *I have been Born Again*

Credits
    I can't tek another severe one like we had in 1999. Mi house partial flood and with alot a me neighbours houses down de road yuh couldn't see teh roofs. Just too much water.

Four years before that mi grandmother house get blow down and we nah had electricity fi a month or more I'm not sure.

As the saying goes mother nature is a Biatch and barely tolerates us
    Last edited by AXA_Princess; 06-12-2006 at 12:10 PM.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by kevlocks
    Unfortunatley, no one is safe. A large population of this sites users live on the East Coast of the untied states, where it's expected to be pretty bad this year

true dat........well i just hope as manay storms as possible just go out to sea.........

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by AXA_Princess
    I can't tek another severe one liek we had in 1999. Mi house partial flood and with alot a me neighbours houses down de road yuh couldn't see teh roofs. Just too much water.

Four years before that mi grandmother house get blow down and we nah had electricity fi a month or more I'm not sure.

As the saying goes mother nature is a #################### and barely tolerates us
    such a true statement if ya in her way ya going get lick down

beautiful pic of anguila havent been there since 198? but the beach is still as beautiful as I remember
    *I have been Born Again*

Kiz
    Credits
    I have yet to experience ah hurricane here

Kiz
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugar Apple
    hmmmm now wha I gine do wid dat

AXA_Princess i know what u mean for Bim it has been over a century we havent had a direct hit....and over 50 years since Janet which passed close

but as forecasters think that our time might soon be up since storms are suppose to be further south this time around.........then again they said that last year too and although they did form further south we were still lucky

Ungrateful!

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Trinikiz
    I have yet to experience ah hurricane here
    soon come

Credits
    Hurricane warnings have been issued for a portion of the Florida Gulf Coast as Tropical Storm Alberto strengthens. As of 10 a.m. CDT, Alberto's maximum sustained winds had increased to almost 70 mph, just 4 mph short of Category 1 hurricane strength. A hurricane warning means hurricane conditions can be expected in the next 24 hours. The warning area covers the Gulf Coast from Longboat Key to the Ochlockonee River.

Some additional intensification -- possibly to hurricane strength -- is likely before Alberto swirls ashore somewhere in northwest Florida late tomorrow. It should be noted, however, that the most significant effects of the storm precede the center. A tornado watch is in effect for much of the Florida Peninsula, and flash flood watches are posted for portions of the Panhandle and west coast.

Locally heavy downpours will soak northern Florida and extreme southern Georgia over the next couple of days. Many spots will pick up 4 to 8 inches of rain with isolated 10-inch amounts possible. A storm surge of 8 to 10 feet above normal tide levels can be expected in the warned area which extends from Longboat Key to the Ochlockonee River.

The Season Ahead

Experts say the 2006 season could be another very active one. The latest forecast from the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) calls for 13-16 total storms, 8-10 hurricanes, and 4-6 major hurricanes (Category 3 or higher).

Credits
    My last direct confrontation with a Hurricane was 89' with Hugo. Man that was a serious one. We had a tornado touch down behind our house and destroy a 60-75 year old tamarind tree. The 4 foot wide trunk was twisted around until it separated from the top.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by NYC2BGI
    Hurricane warnings have been issued for a portion of the Florida Gulf Coast as Tropical Storm Alberto strengthens. As of 10 a.m. CDT, Alberto's maximum sustained winds had increased to almost 70 mph, just 4 mph short of Category 3 or higher).
    just saturday they were saying they dont expect it to get hurricane strength.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast