Thread: Howard Student Missing...

Credits

Howard Student Missing...

James Duncan III last seen on March 25; mother in from San Francisco to help search.

*At press time, police in Washington D.C. were still searching for a 24-year-old Howard University student who has been missing since March 25.

James Duncan III, a sophomore from San Francisco, was last seen at approximately 8:30 p.m. at the Howard Plaza Towers in the 2200 block of Sherman Avenue NW, according to Howard police. His grandmother reported him missing on Friday.

He is described as a black male, 5 feet 6 inches tall, weighing approximately 180 pounds, with brown eyes and black hair.

D.C. police spokesman Israel James said Duncan's car, a burgundy 1998 four-door Toyota Camry with California plates, was found Monday in the 2600 block of North Capitol Street NW. The contents of the car do not indicate anything criminal had been committed against him, police said.

While the pressure of college can prompt some students to drop out and leave school abruptly, for reasons they have not made public D.C. police do not believe that has happened here and consider Duncan’s situation critical.

Duncan’s mother, Terri Lynn Ellenberg, flew in from California after the family received a strange email requesting cash.

“It said please send some money to him at a Western Union, but when we sent the money nobody ever picked up the money,” she said. “It was really out of character. It didn't say ‘Mom’ -- It said send as much as you can. That's what it said.”

Ellenberg says she plans to stay in the area passing out flyers and talking with students on Howard University’s campus until she learns of her son’s whereabouts or finds out what happened to him.

“I love my child; my family loves my child. We want to make sure he’s OK,” she said.

:::*** ~~~~00~~~~***::: ~Fleur-De-Lis~'s Avatar ~Fleur-De-Lis~ is offline
    Credits
    i think i saw some flyers around the Towers about this...so sad. i hope he's safe...wherever he may be.