Thread: How you get along with ur supervisor/ ur rapport with ur supervisor

Credits

How you get along with ur supervisor/ ur rapport with ur supervisor

How much of a bearing does it have on ur outlook u have for ur job.... how does it affect ur job performance...

If u have a moody, fukked up sup or u didn't see eye to eye, do u wake up in the morning with a "I gotta deal with this shit again" attitude, or are u able to brush it off... at work do u let it hinder u?
    the healthy man does not torture others - generally it is the tortured who turn into torturers.

Carl G. Jung

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Hello BKLYN View Post
    How much of a bearing does it have on ur outlook u have for ur job.... how does it affect ur job performance...

If u have a moody, fukked up sup or u didn't see eye to eye, do u wake up in the morning with a "I gotta deal with this shit again" attitude, or are u able to brush it off... at work do u let it hinder u?
    u damn skippy...back in the day i made sure that i sat close to my sup or team leader to make sure we got along good...i say all the time, its not what u say, its HOW u say it...anyone that knows me, knows how to speak to me

Credits
    doesn't bother me at all....i go to work and do what i gotta do..don't care how the supervisor feels about me, until it effects me directly....

even when those bastards are calling me into meetings, i just give them the blank stare, and when it's over, i go back to doing me

when i go home at the end of the day, i don't think about work

Credits
    Being self-employed we have no problems.
    Think For Yourself

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Redlocks View Post
    Being self-employed we have no problems.
    Believe me I am trying to get there...
    the healthy man does not torture others - generally it is the tortured who turn into torturers.

Carl G. Jung

Credits
    I don't have a Sup.. Just a Boss... and He get's on my last never. Does not know his head from his toe and makes everything a 100 times more difficult to do. When he's not around everything functions fine so we try our best to keep him out of office as much as possible.
    The saint and the sinner are just exchanging notes. Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.

The matador wins by avoiding the bull not colliding with him!

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by NikkiGiovanni View Post
    doesn't bother me at all....i go to work and do what i gotta do..don't care how the supervisor feels about me, until it effects me directly....

even when those bastards are calling me into meetings, i just give them the blank stare, and when it's over, i go back to doing me

when i go home at the end of the day, i don't think about work
    U r a far better person than me then... customers I can deal with but a supervisor who u gotta report to nah... cause is dem dat gonna inluence how u get ur work done and if u tryin to stear clear of her cause of her attitude then that will hinder u... I try to work as autonomously as possible but that doesn't work at my job cause u have to interact with ur sup
    Last edited by Hello BKLYN; 12-08-2010 at 03:44 PM.

Carl G. Jung

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Hello BKLYN View Post
    U r a far better person than me then... customers I can deal with but a supervisor who u gotta report to nah... cause is dem dat gonna inluence how u get ur work done and if u tryin to stear clear of her cause of her attitude then that will hinder u
    i guess it depends on what you do for a living....and maybe how long you have worked there....

because i know i am by far more competent than most of the supervisors here, to the point where they BEG me to advance and i refuse...if you know your job, just do it, you don't really have to seek supervisory assistance..and if you need to ask them for certain things, just keep everything level and professional, and NO SMALL TALK....strictly business

a lot of people's mistake is that they try to be cool with their supervisor, and the supervisor may be cool with you for a bit...but THEY WILL flip the script to cover their ass with no regards to the rapport that you built with them...so just keep things strictly business and only speak to them when absolutely necessary and it makes things a lot easier