Thread: How are you?

Taj
    Credits

Question How are you?

Do you feel like ppl really care when they ask that question or is it just a greeting like "Hey what's up?"

Do you actually pause and wait for an answer from someone?

Do you feel comfortable replying with an answer of what's really going on? or do you just say tings cool and keep it moving?

Does it depend on who is doing the asking?
    Who would you open up to?

Lets chat
    Last edited by Taj; 04-09-2007 at 11:34 PM.
    A sharp knife never proclaims its sharpness to the worldbut the first to fall against it becomes its advocate.

You can put any face behind a mask but be careful cos someone else might be pretending. You might not be the only one with a secret -- Cassie/Gretel

J
    Credits
    funny that you ask that question...

at my old job a co-worker of mine asked me why i actually answer when she asks that question. I am like how yuh mean she said it not really said to get a response, it's just a formality.

Credits
    I only ask if I mean it.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Taj View Post
    Do you feel like ppl really care when they ask that question or is it just a greeting like "Hey what's up?"
    I think most people use it as a greeting; some are genuine about it; others maybe a little of both
    Yes
    Do you feel comfortable replying with an answer of what's really going on? or do you just say tings cool and keep it moving?
    Depends who I'm talkin to and/or how long it's been since I last spoke to that person
    See above...yes
    Close fam. members, close friends/associates, or anyone who I think really cares and who I don't mind opening up to.

Lets chat
    Let's.

Credits
    well when that question is asked does anyone ever give a sad story?......not good...im broke...po...livin in a trailer wit mah five kids...my wife left me and ive only been eating pork and beans for the last 6 weeks?

Credits
    I take it as a greeting...I normally answer with "I'm good/chillin/cool/just there/aight/same old shit"

I can only be me.... MadamStatuesque's Avatar MadamStatuesque is offline
    Credits
    nope
    sometimes
    Do you feel comfortable replying with an answer of what's really going on? depends on who it is or do you just say tings cool and keep it moving?
    most times, yeah, that's what i say
    yes it does
    some of my friends and family members, cuz i kno the rest ah dem juss being fast

Lets chat
    Not a single ounce of fock shall be given today...

Credits
    I hate it that people respond as though "How're you doing?" is like saying "hey"...it annoys the bejesus outta me! lol

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by SeReNDiPiTy View Post
    I hate it that people respond as though "How're you doing?" is like saying "hey"...it annoys the bejesus outta me! lol
    I'm guilty of that but I think most ppl are. Its completely different depending on who its coming from -usually its a formality but when a small number of ppl, close friends and family say it you know they're really asking whats going on in your life these days. Cultural quirk like shaking hands, I HATE shaking ppl's hands, only do it cause I know its expected.

renegade

Lets chat
    It's just a part of protocol, its equivalent to "hello, this is a superficial attempt to fill the empty air with a false sense of friendship rather than just bear up with the silence"