Thread: HOW WOULD YOU LIKE A DJ TO PLAY!!!!!

Credits

HOW WOULD YOU LIKE A DJ TO PLAY!!!!!

JUST OUT OF CURIOUSITY...WHAT TYPE OF DJ DO YOU PRREFER...

1. Do you like a DJ that wheels "big" tunes...do you think that makes the party hype...or does it salt up the party
    2. Do you like when a DJ is on the mic regularly trying to hype the crowd or seldom...just to announce his name.
    3. Do you like when a DJ plays all the new tunes he has in his crate.
    4. Do you like a mixture of old and new and if you do what percentage.
    5. Do you like to hear a mixture of R&B, Hip Hop, Reggae and Soca or would you prefer to hear a certain/one type of music all night.
    6. Do you like when a DJ plays the tunes that was played 1hr ago...because those tunes are the big tunes presently...so you MUST hear them more than once or twice.

If there are any other suggestions or questions please don't hesitate to add it...irie!

Also please state where you're from...cause in different cities different things are liked...looking forward to the responses...

:-)

amprincess

RE: HOW WOULD YOU LIKE A DJ TO PLAY!!!!!

here's my input from NY....

1 - yeah I like to hear the big tunes
    2 - no I don't come to fete to hear the dj runnin his mouth on the mic
    3 - yeah I wanna hear all the new tunes
    4 - yeah I like to hear a mix of 70% new, 30% old
    5 - no mix - I want strictly soca!!!!!!!!!
    6 - no I don't really wanna hear tunes more than once.

hope this helped!

Credits

1. I guess I like the big tunes, but I'm not too sure what that means when it Comes to soca.
    2. I doh pay to come hear DJ talk, ah come to enjoy the music.
    3. Nah because not all new tunes are nice tunes.
    4. 75% new, 25% old
    5. Personally, I like to hear soca all night long, no interruptions, but it is nice to throw a little reggae on sometimes.
    6. That's not a problem especially if he mixes it up differently.

NEW YORK, BABY, REPRESENTING FOR BROOKLYN!!!!!!!

:-)

God Bless!

Credits

Reppin' NY

1. Yeah, more big tunes
    2. Nah man, stay off de mic
    3. Yeah, new tunes ok
    4. Mix: 65 old, 35 new
    5. Well seeing as this is a island website, you gonna get a lot of people sayin' just soca or reggae. Personally I like a mix. More emphasis on reggae, though.
    6. Nah man, nuff tunes out there so yuh don' have to repeat dem.

I love oooold reggae, yuh know de Rasta music dat mek yuh chant down Babylon :)
    "Pass De Dutchie", old Barrington Levy, etc.
    Don't too much love old school hip hop.
    In my opinion, a DJ could play Beres, Barrington, Sanchez, Beenie and Bob Marley all night an' I would be as happy as a pig in mud :7

"Out of many, one people"

Credits

To me a good DJ should know how to watch,control a crowd and have good selections of music.He should know when to play what type of music at what time depending on the crowd,starting up slow and then picking up the pace and then you hit em hard wit the jumping soca.You must always have a back in time session in soca and reggae late in the fete,it is a must!that is when yuh head done nice and yuh singing d songs.

Credits

AS FOR THE DJ TALKIN ON THE MIC. I PERSONALLY THINK IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE IN A FETE. NOW I DONT MEAN JUS TALKIN BIGGIN UP CREWS AND PROMOTING FLYERS AND THING.
    I MEAN TALKIN RELATED TO THE TUNE. SOMETIMES THE LITTLE INSTRUCTION A DJ MIGHT GIVE WILL MAKE PEOPLE START TO BREAK WAY.

WHA ALLYUH THINK??

Credits

yes i want tuh hear de big tunes
    No I doh want to hear yuh runnin yuh mouth - it is not a sound clash
    I want to hear de DJ play tunes from all de islands... a good mixture
    some oldies but de good ones like hold yuh bam bam and Dr. Cassandra...
    If yuh advertise its a soca fete den play soca if yuh advertise its reggae den play reggae... (personally there is enough soca to play all night so run de tracks do!)
    Ah doh want to hear de same song over and over...

Credits

VERY VERY INTERESTING...believe me these things are good to know...keep it coming...anyone else

Credits

BOSS YOU DID GOOD LAST NITE
    I KNOW WHO YOU ARE DONT STUDY IT
    I HEARD YOU PLAYED MUCH BETTER THAN YOU DID LAST NITE
    THAT PARTY DID NOT HAVE THE PEOPLE TO GIVE YOU THE VIBES BUT YOU DID GOOD

NUFF LOVE AND RESPECT
    FYRE KAMIKAZE

Credits

ok boss yuh really cant get feedback like this in order to be a good dj,its good to hear input from people on what they like.you have to have a love and feel for the music and know how to groove with it in your personal way,thats what make each dj unique and that gives them they own personal style of mixing.
    the only way you are going to learn about yourself and crowd controlling is by playing more fetes,its comes with experience,it is very rough in the beginning,you will make mistakes and get critised but that is a good thing to learn from and you know what to do in the future.not every john doe can be a dj,you must have a feel for it in order to groove.

Credits

soca all night and mix it up nice

Credits

RE: WHO GOING DE ALL INCLUSIVE

Credits

1. KNOW WHO IS IN YOUR AUDIENCE AND TRY TO GET A SENSE OF WHICH COUNTRIES ARE REPRESENTED.

PLAY THE BIG TUNES OF THOSE COUNTRIES TO MAKE PEOPLE FEEL THAT THEY ARE REPRESENTED OR THAT THEY EXISTS.

PLAY TWO OR THREE BIG TUNES CONSECUTIVELY. THEN IN BETWEEN PLAY A NON POPULAR TUNE OF A BIG NAME ARTIST OR AN OLD POPULAR TUNE OR A POPULAR TUNE FROM A SMALL ISLAND.

DURING CARNIVAL SEASON IN (NYC THAT WOULD BE JUST AFTER TNT CARNIVAL,AND PRACTICALLY JULY AND AUGUST)THE MUSIC SHOULD BE STRICKLY SOCA WITH LITTLE OR NO TALKING IN BETWEEN.IF THE CROWD IS VERY DIVERSE YOU SHOULD DO SOME TALKING TO BIG UP EACH COUNTRY.

NON-CARNIVAL SEASON PLAY SOME REGGEA/DANCEHALL, R&B, AND HIP-HOP AND EVEN SOME OLDIES IN BETWEEN.

D'Only1

1. don't wheel too much, once is good to get you hype that the song getting ready to play.
    2. I don't mind the dj on the mic hyping up the party, because sometimes a party will definitely need that and it have some of them that do it well - foreign bass mic man sweet too bad he does nice up a party.
    3. yes, play all the new tunes. It shows that the dj is up to date.
    4. yes mix it up - 70%
    5. a mixture of everything is the best represent every body, but just know what type of music to play first, always play reggae - the conscious reggae after hip hop to calm your sweaty self down
    6. No way, if you play the tune an hour ago, god rest it a bit. don't get like WBLS. We already know you have the tune.
    7. Dont' ever stop the hottest tune in the middle to play a next hot tune unless your mixitin right.

Donly1 straight from Trinidad living in Brooklyn (this only my saying don't take it offensively I know how some of allyuh does get

>