Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How Well Do U Know Yourself???

Measure ur life with Love Doctor's Daughter's Avatar Doctor's Daughter is offline
    Credits

Question How Well Do U Know Yourself???

Are there any times when u just cant trust urself to make a decision so u let some one else make the decision for u??? Do u know that u are beautiful inside and outside??? Do u take pride in whatever you do or plan to do??? Do u trust ur instincts??? Do u love yourself??? and last in the Maslow Hierachy of needs, which stage are you in as an individual??

(1) Physiological needs

The physiological needs of the organism, those enabling homeostasis, take first precedence. These consist mainly of:

* the need to breathe
    * the need to regulate body temperature
    * the need for water
    * the need for sleep
    * the need to eat
    * the need to dispose of bodily wastes

When some of the needs are unmet, a human's physiological needs take the highest priority. As a result of the prepotency of physiological needs, an individual will deprioritize all other desires and capacities. Physiological needs can control thoughts and behaviors, and can cause people to feel sickness, pain, and discomfort.

Maslow also places sexual activity in this category, as well as bodily comfort, activity, exercise, et cetera.
    [edit]

(2) Safety needs

When the physiological needs are met, the need for safety will emerge. Safety and security rank above all other desires. These include:

* Security of employment
    * Security of revenues and resources
    * Physical security - safety from violence, delinquency, aggressions
    * Moral and physiological security
    * Familial security
    * Security of health

A properly-functioning society tends to provide a degree of security to its members. Sometimes the desire for safety outweighs the requirement to satisfy physiological needs completely.
    [edit]

(3) Love/Belonging needs

After physiological and safety needs are fulfilled, the third layer of human needs is social. This involves emotionally-based relationships in general, such as:

* friendship
    * sexual intimacy
    * having a family

Humans want to be accepted and to belong, whether it be to clubs, work groups, religious groups, family, gangs, etc. They need to feel loved (sexually and non-sexually) by others, and to be accepted by them. People also have a constant desire to feel needed. In the absence of these elements, people become increasingly susceptible to loneliness, social anxiety and depression.

(4) Status (Esteem needs)

Humans have a need to be respected, to self-respect and to respect others. People need to engage themselves in order to gain recognition and have an activity or activities that give the person a sense of contribution and self-value, be it in a profession or hobby. Imbalances at this level can result in low self-esteem, inferiority complexes, an inflated sense of self-importance or snobbishness.

Though the deficiency needs may be seen as "basic", and can be met and neutralized (i.e. they stop being motivators in one's life), self-actualization and transcendence are "being" or "growth needs" (also termed "B-needs"), i.e. they are enduring motivations or drivers of behaviour.

(5) Self-actualization

Self-actualization (a term originated by Kurt Goldstein) is the instinctual need of humans to make the most of their unique abilities and to strive to be the best they can be. Maslow describes self-actualization as follows:

Self Actualization is the intrinsic growth of what is already in the organism, or more accurately, of what the organism is. (Psychological Review, 1949)

Maslow writes the following of self-actualizing people:

* They embrace the facts and realities of the world (including themselves) rather than denying or avoiding them.
    * They are spontaneous in their ideas and actions.
    * They are creative.
    * They are interested in solving problems; this often includes the problems of others. Solving these problems is often a key focus in their lives.
    * They feel a closeness to other people, and generally appreciate life.
    * They have a system of morality that is fully internalized and independent of external authority.
    * They judge others without prejudice, in a way that can be termed objective.
    Last edited by Doctor's Daughter; 08-08-2006 at 11:02 AM.
    The love of my life is an Imixer!!!

~DD~

Credits
    i does love mehself several times a... wait what was de question again?

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by TTmudder
    i does love mehself several times a... wait what was de question again?

Credits
    i'm at number "5"...thats me in a major way....
    Girly boy why do you get such a kick out of dissing women? - Namey Namey

You don't act proper, you just act angry. You act like a angry racist white new york cop.-Namey Namey

Everyone knows MÉCHANT LOUP is a jackass, but a pedophile? - Namey Namey

MÉCHANT LOUP like women? The only thing MÉCHANT LOUP like more than hearing that a blackman was gunned down by cops, is a hairy man ass. - Namey Namey

MÉCHANT LOUP a battyman. - Namey Namey

Credits
    I know myself enough to stop lying to myself...when I was younger, I remember telling myself that this guy that I like is coming over and nothing is going to happen, next thing I know, I naked, hot and sweaty....'

So, as I got older, I would openly admit to myself that I gon foop tonight, so I best make sure I got protection!

Same thing with classes when I was in college, I would sign up for late class knowing my ass gon be at the dining hall chilling with my friends at that time.....as I got older, I decided only to take classes with note online at night.....

I am still learning about myself though...I recently that I am not too tolerant with BS from so called friends, and I am too old to stand for people who don't value friendship as much as I do.....no more trying to stay friends with ppl who don't give a shit how you feel, I cut my losses and go my way!
    Last edited by VictoriaECD; 08-08-2006 at 11:21 AM.

Measure ur life with Love Doctor's Daughter's Avatar Doctor's Daughter is offline
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by King_Castle_Rockz
    i'm at number "5"...thats me in a major way....
    that's great. i hope that most people posses the qualities on no.5

~DD~

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by orielshay
    I know myself enough to stop lying to myself...when I was younger, I remember telling myself that this guy that I like is coming over and nothing is going to happen, next thing I know, I naked hot and sweaty....'

So, as I got older, I would openly admit to myself that I gon foop tonight, so I best make sure I got protection!

Same thing with classes when I was in college, I would sign up for late class knowing my ass gon be at the dining hall chilling with my friends at that time.....as I got older, I decided only to take classes with note online at night.....

whoi whoi that one there was hott!
    Girly boy why do you get such a kick out of dissing women? - Namey Namey

You don't act proper, you just act angry. You act like a angry racist white new york cop.-Namey Namey

Everyone knows MÉCHANT LOUP is a jackass, but a pedophile? - Namey Namey

MÉCHANT LOUP like women? The only thing MÉCHANT LOUP like more than hearing that a blackman was gunned down by cops, is a hairy man ass. - Namey Namey

MÉCHANT LOUP a battyman. - Namey Namey

Credits
    i can change, sometimes im a 5, sometimes im a 1. i guess it depends on what is happening at the time and how im feeling to how i interact with others and myself.

Credits
    understanding yourself is an ongoing process, I guess it don't end till ya dead!

Credits
    i can change, sometimes im a 5, sometimes im a 1. i guess it depends on what is happening at the time and how im feeling to how i interact with others and myself.
    i think that we go through these stages one after the next. what maslow is trying to say is that some people stay at a particular sstage all their life while others progress up the ladder. I believe that we see traits of all the stages if not at the same time but consecutively. right about now i am going through stage 5, there are some days when i feel as if i am still in stage 1.

~DD~

Credits
    interesting post

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by DreadJockey
    interesting post
    so which stage are u in- in your life?

~DD~

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor's Daughter
    i think that we go through these stages one after the next. what maslow is trying to say is that some people stay at a particular sstage all their life while others progress up the ladder. I believe that we see traits of all the stages if not at the same time but consecutively. right about now i am going through stage 5, there are some days when i feel as if i am still in stage 1.
    try that. i dont know where i am. in some senses im at 5, in some im nowhere near.

Credits
    try that. i dont know where i am. in some senses im at 5, in some im nowhere near.
    also when i look at it more carefully, after going through my ordeal this weekend, i see myself going back to stage 2 to re-evaluate my life. Security is what i long for and maybe will always be longing for, cause its hard to trust people.

~DD~

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor's Daughter
    also when i look at it more carefully, after going through my ordeal this weekend, i see myself going back to stage 2 to re-evaluate my life. Security is what i long for and maybe will always be longing for, cause its hard to trust people.
    but do you really have to trust people to be a complete person?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast