Thread: How To Remain Christian

Credits
    Great point of view on this subject.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vls6CFmOd0

Credits
    honduranboy1 likes this.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by A.K.K.S. View Post
    It cannot be explain to you like you are 5 years old, because the origins of the universe is much more complicated than the bible could explain or could have explained, based on how little they knew over 2,000 years ago. Think about how much people didn't know 500 years ago. 100 years ago. Even 25 years ago.

For you, a grown man who believes in one-eyed giants, virgin births and the young earth pseudo-theory:

https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Bang

Christopher Hitchens:
    Bingo with this post. I can't believe that I actually used to believe in all of that foolishness, even as a grown man. Then again, millions of people on this planet do as well, and to me it just shows how even intelligent people can believe foolishness through brainwashing!!
    A.K.K.S. likes this.

Credits
    Thanks. It is one of the best guides to remain Christan. I think it has become a fashion to live like Atheists. Especially our young think it sounds cool if we would live without religious recognition which is entirely wrong. When you check oil levels of your vehicle every day, then why don't you check your spirituality level?

In my opinion, the reasons behind many of our depression or anxiety disorders are disconnect from religion. In this quarantine, I badly felt that we need to understand the Bible correctly. That's why I joined this group to understand the Bible. They are not typical Bible teachers but give one of their best analysis in a friendly manner. Yes, I agree with many of members we shouldn't follow radical theories when it comes about religion. Only moderate religious approaches will work to make this world a better place.

Resilient B!!!!! mademoiselleBaroness's Avatar mademoiselleBaroness is offline
    Credits
    I had to pause the video at 0.12 because when someone (in this case an Atheist) starts like that, it establishes a Mike Tyson vs. Evander Holyfield match.

Understand that this is not a match at all, honey, you would have to be considered an opponent even to get that much attention. The only reason she said that as an atheist is because she felt like she needs to validate her position. I have NOT convinced you or anyone else that they are going to burn in hell, so take a breather. This terrifying thought must be the driving force behind the defensive stance against Christians.

I avoid exchanging futile words with atheists or any other non-christian. It is foolish to argue with a blind man over the beauty of the eyesight.

It is important to note: none of us have ever reached the ability to harness the fullest potential of our brain, let alone the complexities of the world we occupy. Even the great Albert Einstein in all of his cosmic towering intellect knew that. The fact that we only use a small portion of our brain though it is the wellspring of our humanity, yet it remains a mystery to itself and scientists. The Law of Attraction existed way before 1877 when the Russian occultist, Helena Blavatsky, and Prentice Mulford wrote about it in their books. Even the great philosopher Aristotle believed in the unchanging God whose power is ultimately responsible for the movement and changes in the universe.

Take, for instance, the father of Science, Galileo Galilei; he said: "God is known by nature in His works, and by doctrine in His revealed word." I admired that he emphasized "religion and science only but a healthy marriage." Yet, these men nowadays that called themselves scientists want to separate science from faith--it is impossible, they complement each other, only a real scientist would know that. He went through a lot with fellow scholars and the catholic, but he remained steadfast to his faith and science, proofing how inseparable they are. The atheists that lowkey admire his genius yet cannot come to grip with his unshakeable faith in GOD would always make an excuse to say he had no other choice but to be a catholic (false).

The last thing I'll like to leave that he said is: "...man cannot presume to know how the world is really made because God could have brought about the same effects in ways unimagined by him, and he must not restrict God's omnipotence."

My final food for thought is that of Sir Isaac Newton, who is known for inventing the binomial theorem, later known as calculus, the law of gravity, optics, and the like. He also emphasized the inseparability between God and science; furthermore, he said science could not exist apart from 'The Maker' and that it is the perfect realm to discuss God.

A few of his own words:

"This most beautiful system of the sun, planets, and comets, could only proceed from the counsel and dominion of an intelligent and powerful Being...This Being governs all things, not as the soul of the world, but as Lord over all; and on account of his dominion he is to be called Lord God "pantokrator," or Universal Ruler....2

Since every particle of space is always, and every indivisible moment of duration is everywhere, certainly the Maker and Lord of all things cannot be never and nowhere...God is the same God, always and everywhere. He is omnipresent not virtually only, but also substantially; for virtue cannot subsist without substance.… It is allowed by all that the Supreme God exists necessarily; and by the same necessity, he exists always and everywhere...And thus much concerning God; to discourse of whom from the appearance of things, does certainly belong to Natural Philosophy.3" -Sir Isaac Newton

Though he lived before Darwin, the non-conformist unitarian, he still debunked his evolutionary theory by stating:

"Blind metaphysical necessity, which is certainly the same always and everywhere, could produce no variety of things. All that diversity of natural things which we find suited to different times and places could arise from nothing but the ideas and will of a Being, necessarily existing.4"

The one thing I'll like to quote from Darwin that he said about himself: "In my most extreme fluctuations I have never been an atheist in the sense of denying the existence of a God..."

I cannot, in a sound mind, keep listening to her justifying her position as an atheist. What we are, I do not care. It is within our right to willfully choose the path we want to take--others just have to respect that. The judgment is for GOD, I, or any other Christian, cannot condemn anyone to hell. Our obligation as Christians is to share the good news and love one another. Don't hate a Christian for sharing the doctrine. Once I've delivered the word of God as instructed in the Bible to you-- that's it, we keep it moving. I don't have to convince you of anything or proof God's existence to you.

"I can calculate the motion of heavenly bodies, but not the madness of people." -Isaac Newton

PS. She cannot tell anyone how to remain a Christian (as a backslid Christian and) as an atheist--understand that first.
    Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counselors, and the most patient of teachers.
    -Charles William Eliot

Great Spirits often encounter violent opposition from mediocre minds.
    -Albert Einstein

He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.
    Jim Elliot

"Being disliked is a part of life, you can never satisfy everyone... But that should never be your goal, live for GOD and those that matter..."

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by A.K.K.S. View Post
    If he were my science teacher with that sort of temperament, oh boy, disrespecting people's faith and upbringing with such blatant disregard--woe be unto him.

Even those science teachers knew how to be cordial and professional with their students. The moment he started talking, nothing but contempt and an uncorked evolutionist fanatic emerged. His radical and imposing approach is not for the classroom; his only requirement is to teach science--nothing more. No wonder parents are hesitant to send their kids to public schools. It is due to radicals like him that want to trample upon people's values.

It is insidious scientists like him that give other dignified scientists a lousy representation. The founding fathers of science must be rolling in their graves to see trolls like him separating faith (rather GOD) from science.

Just as how he can say: "somethings are just true" for his evolution beliefs, it is within everyone's right to say the same.

Comparing evolution to an UNDENIABLE past event is laughable. Napoleon l existence and the entire Napoleonic Wars are not even debatable: everyone knows it's a proven fact. Napoleon's presence is evident throughout European history and Napoleonic wars in the early 19th century. He left behind his only known living descendant Charles, Prince Napoleon, his great-great-grand nephew in France. It is exponentially disproportionate to compare evolution--a speculative theory that's conflicting even among fellow scientists to historical events that eyewitnesses accounted for. All of which are backed by archaeologists!

Comparing a moment in history with the idea that scientists tested, disputably "verified" by fellow scientists--is without equal. So, NO--evolution is not a fact; it is a theory (by Darwin and his predecessors) that was tested and verified by some scientists while others dispute it. Hey, some of them have thrown in a few other scientific theories--so who are you kidding?! In other words, substantiating a scientific explanation for evolution does not make it an absolute or exclusive account for the order/commencement of life(the world). Point blank~!
    Scientists rely on "'experimental' observation evidence," thus making evolution both inconclusive and disputable.

PS. I only wish they would pour all of that energy and resource into medicine than wasting resources on inconclusive theories.
    Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counselors, and the most patient of teachers.
    -Charles William Eliot

-Albert Einstein

Jim Elliot

"Being disliked is a part of life, you can never satisfy everyone... But that should never be your goal, live for GOD and those that matter..."

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by CaribKaraoke View Post
    This guy?

this is just like the multiverse theory...and like evolution.

For his theory to be true...he said...the designer of the known universe was a higher intelligence that was made into existence by darwinian evolution.....and seeded earth?

So....wait a second...evolution began...from......intelligent designers that evolved....but how did the intelligent designers start evolving on their planet/universe...what was the first life form and how did that start?

Just like Sagans multiverse theory...Sagan believes this universe is part of many multiverses...seeded by other life intelligent designers....but what began life from those intelligent designers?

And evolution....no one can say what kicked off the evolutionary process....it just started....from....non-life....which defies science..and for evolution to begin...in humans...it didn't start with 1 woman and 1 man...no....it began with groups of 'first humans' all evolving at the same time...the theory proves itself...which a theory shouldn't....

They try every which way to sound smart but in the end...they are all stuck
    on the 'first thing'....the first thing to evolve...the first thing to live...the first thing to exist in the universe......
    The video is what the Bible means when it states I quote: "But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise, and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty" 1 Corin. 1:27

Knowing all too well that the laws of nature put a severe limitation on what we can discover/learn. Even nature knows how to keep scientific minds in check--it is evident that the unknown force behind the chain of changes is an unchanging entity. God is SOVEREIGN and all-powerful like that; He gave us information on a "need-to-know" bases. The same very thing when it comes to biblical details, we are privy with the information that we need to know. It is not an entitlement. It is only now some foolish scientists/physicists ignorantly try to deny God as that "Intelligent Designer and Force" that they KNOW is there but cannot prove. As a result, he wants to speak of that 95 percent of the matter in cosmo that NO ONE can proof--yet know that the universe can't be without it.

Some scientists find it hard to admit the ONE thing they dread most: fear of not knowing. With all their self-evident scientific fact that is void of empirical evidence, discrepancy, and all, they must still be the authority on what is real and false. This arrogance causes them to dismiss God and the spiritual realm of things pompously. Just because they are INCAPABLE of proving (really admitting) it, albeit it is right smack in the face.

Guess what. Scientists are at a disadvantage since the experiments and observations of the universe are indirect and limited. The equipment they are using in of themselves are faulty and has produced discrepancies in countless miscalculations. Sufficed to say that the universe was not born out of a cosmic explosion over 13 billion years ago (that calculation is full of discrepancies).
    -Charles William Eliot

-Albert Einstein

Jim Elliot

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucianite View Post
    all your " highly accomplished credible arguments". Are not so " credible nor highly accomplished " to believers of God

You have illusions of grandeur about your " arguments"

Believers of God are not convinced nor impressed with your. " arguments"

Just like you are not with theirs.
    Quite rationally put. No magnitude of astuteness or worldly accomplishment sequesters anyone from the truth. Nothing and no one surpasses the truth (GOD). The existence of the truth (God) does not depend on whether or not anyone believes. Man's faculty and inability to prove God is irrelevant to His presence. Eloquence and achievements are not the things that make one right or wrong; it is the unexplainable that is undeniable--GOD. Many of us do not know our great-great-grandparents, hey, some of us do not even know our parents. Yet, we just know that they existed at one point for us to be here.

"If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?" -Albert Einstein

"Science without religion is lame [crippled]; religion without science is blind."
    -Albert Einstein
    -Charles William Eliot

-Albert Einstein

Jim Elliot

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456