Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 83
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: How To Remain Christian

  1. #1
    Registered User A.K.K.S. is offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    South FL
    Posts
    3,535
    Credits
    18,477,793

    How To Remain Christian

    Socapro and honduranboy1 like this.

  2. #2
    Registered User Vye Negre is offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,015
    Credits
    17,193,571
    interesting vid

  3. #3
    Earth Angel dollbabi's Avatar dollbabi is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    Music City
    Posts
    36,627
    Credits
    74,804,093
    Trying to hard. Atheists concern themselves with Christians to much. None of this is surprising. Amusing though.

  4. #4
    Registered User bktrini305's Avatar bktrini305 is offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    1,901
    Credits
    40,919,598
    Quote Originally Posted by dollbabi View Post
    Trying to hard. Atheists concern themselves with Christians to much. None of this is surprising. Amusing though.
    kidding me right?

    Spanish Inquisition - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    This can't be the end.
    I'll see you again.
    Carnival Prayer

  5. #5
    CaribKaraoke.com Owner CaribKaraoke's Avatar CaribKaraoke is offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    US
    Posts
    1,667
    Credits
    23,010,027
    Her points are refutable.......she's extremely condescending......I've read the entire bible cover to cover multiple times....I'll have to look up the nicean council and other stuff....but her historicity is off or using some sources and not others. She's absolutely right about the exodus thing though....although finding no evidence doesn't mean they didn't exist....her thing about jesus being ambiguous...that was silly...his last words were "all authority on heaven and on earth were given to me".....that's exactly saying,"i'm God".

    her other points....i'll look it up and i'm sure it'll strengthen my faith.
    dollbabi likes this.
    http://www.CaribKaraoke.com

  6. #6
    Registered User A.K.K.S. is offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    South FL
    Posts
    3,535
    Credits
    18,477,793
    Quote Originally Posted by dollbabi View Post
    Trying to hard. Atheists concern themselves with Christians to much. None of this is surprising. Amusing though.
    The highlight of Christianity is due to us who live in the Western World being most familiar with it. But the issue is Abrahamic religions and organized religion in general.



  7. #7
    Earth Angel dollbabi's Avatar dollbabi is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    Music City
    Posts
    36,627
    Credits
    74,804,093
    It's always the same old, same old with atheists. Be happy with your beliefs if that is what you choose to believe. But they are always trying to recruit for their religion of non-religion...LOL.

    Quote Originally Posted by bktrini305 View Post
    Yes, they do. For people who are non-religious, they stay proselytizing.

  8. #8
    Registered User A.K.K.S. is offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    South FL
    Posts
    3,535
    Credits
    18,477,793
    Quote Originally Posted by dollbabi View Post
    It's always the same old, same old with atheists. Be happy with your beliefs if that is what you choose to believe. But they are always trying to recruit for their religion of non-religion...LOL.

    Yes, they do. For people who are non-religious, they stay proselytizing.
    1. Was the earth created in 6 days?
    2. Is the earth ~6,000 years old?
    3. Where on earth is the Garden of Eden?
    4. Was Eve created from Adam's rib?
    5. Can you prove that Jesus existed to the degree that you can prove Ramses III or Tutankhamun existed? Both of these men were over 1,000 years older than Jesus
    6. If god exists, can you prove it? I am open to the evidence

  9. #9
    CaribKaraoke.com Owner CaribKaraoke's Avatar CaribKaraoke is offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    US
    Posts
    1,667
    Credits
    23,010,027
    Quote Originally Posted by A.K.K.S. View Post
    1. Was the earth created in 6 days?
    2. Is the earth ~6,000 years old?
    3. Where on earth is the Garden of Eden?
    4. Was Eve created from Adam's rib?
    5. Can you prove that Jesus existed to the degree that you can prove Ramses III or Tutankhamun existed? Both of these men were over 1,000 years older than Jesus
    6. If god exists, can you prove it? I am open to the evidence
    The fact that Jesus existed is not even a real historical debate. Do some research for a few days. He definitely existed. He definitely had followers who were matyr's for him. Even the Koran validates Jesus' existence. The only debate left is whether Jesus was lying about who he said he was.
    http://www.CaribKaraoke.com

  10. #10
    Earth Angel dollbabi's Avatar dollbabi is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    Music City
    Posts
    36,627
    Credits
    74,804,093
    Quote Originally Posted by A.K.K.S. View Post
    1. Was the earth created in 6 days?
    2. Is the earth ~6,000 years old?
    3. Where on earth is the Garden of Eden?
    4. Was Eve created from Adam's rib?
    5. Can you prove that Jesus existed to the degree that you can prove Ramses III or Tutankhamun existed? Both of these men were over 1,000 years older than Jesus
    6. If god exists, can you prove it? I am open to the evidence

    I believe all the above. It is your choice whether or not to believe. Your first post and others show you are not open. Maybe one day that will change...

  11. #11
    Registered User SKBai1991's Avatar SKBai1991 is offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    5,780
    Credits
    11,357,279
    Quote Originally Posted by A.K.K.S. View Post
    1. Was the earth created in 6 days?
    2. Is the earth ~6,000 years old?
    3. Where on earth is the Garden of Eden?
    4. Was Eve created from Adam's rib?
    5. Can you prove that Jesus existed to the degree that you can prove Ramses III or Tutankhamun existed? Both of these men were over 1,000 years older than Jesus
    6. If god exists, can you prove it? I am open to the evidence
    Points 1-4 aren't central to Christianity. Personally, I think anyone living in the Western world who literally believes in a Garden of Eden or Young Earth Creationism is at best, woefully misinformed. We have evidence for how these things really happened. But none of this invalidates the existence of God.

    Ultimately, all religions, as well as Atheism, are equally implausible. You can't prove the existence of a deity anymore than you can disprove one, so for anyone to argue for either side with certainty requires some level of delusion.
    "sa ki ta'w sé ta'w, la rivié pé pa chayé'l "


    Father, before mi mind get bad
    Betta yuh flip it round and mek mi mind get mad
    Mi prefer fi work hard everyday fi achieve mi goals
    Nah grudge nobody fi dem own

  12. #12
    Earth Angel dollbabi's Avatar dollbabi is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    Music City
    Posts
    36,627
    Credits
    74,804,093
    SKBai, while I disagree with your initial paragraph, the second paragraph is exactly why I don't even bother with atheists when they come trying to convert people. They complain about religion, but most that I come into contact with are always trying to recruit people just like organized religion.

    They are a religion to me, and fit under the broad definition. Except unless most organized religions, there is no instruction to spread their message. Atheists just proselytize by choice.

  13. #13
    Registered User A.K.K.S. is offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    South FL
    Posts
    3,535
    Credits
    18,477,793
    Quote Originally Posted by dollbabi View Post
    I believe all the above.
    Then how can I take you serious as an intellectual? You seriously, whole-heartedly believe and base your morality on a 2,000 year old book of middle eastern fairy tales....

    Quote Originally Posted by SKBai1991 View Post
    Points 1-4 aren't central to Christianity.
    Oh Y.E.S. they are. You clearly have not read the bible, and therefore are not qualified to make such an outlandish claim. You cannot divorce the old testament and the new testament.

    Personally, I think anyone living in the Western world who literally believes in a Garden of Eden or Young Earth Creationism is at best, woefully misinformed. We have evidence for how these things really happened.
    But dollbabi just said she doesn't agree. Would you agree that she is "woefully misinformed"?

    But none of this invalidates the existence of God.
    The existence of an omnipresent life force is a theory that cannot be proven.

    Ultimately, all religions, as well as Atheism, are equally implausible. You can't prove the existence of a deity anymore than you can disprove one, so for anyone to argue for either side with certainty requires some level of delusion.
    No, the disbelief in an omnipresent life force is rational stance due to lack of evidence. I am open to proof of otherwise.
    Can you prove to me that unicorns don't exist? How about Santa Claus? How about Anansi the Spider?

  14. #14
    Earth Angel dollbabi's Avatar dollbabi is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    Music City
    Posts
    36,627
    Credits
    74,804,093
    Proved my point. You aren't open minded, just looking to make mockery of people's religion. Typical of atheists and their religion. As said earlier, they concern themselves with Christians and seem obsessed with them.

  15. #15
    Registered User A.K.K.S. is offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    South FL
    Posts
    3,535
    Credits
    18,477,793
    Quote Originally Posted by dollbabi View Post
    Proved my point. You aren't open minded, just looking to make mockery of people's religion. Typical of atheists and their religion. As said earlier, they concern themselves with Christians and seem obsessed with them.
    I am not an atheist. I am an agnostic seeking proof of the existence of an omnipresent life force.

    Christianity is a religion that was force-fed to our West/Central African ancestors and now you are the product of 400 years of religious brainwash. I chose to end the brainwashing.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •