Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: How long have you...

Credits
    my coworkers and i get along great.. my boss is super.. the benefits are good, plus with the free gas we got with this hurricane business.. i dont think nobody leaving .. if i do have to move from my department, it will simply be to further my ambitions and not due to monotony of the job... but it will still be within the same company.. maybe another location but.. who knows..
    Never waste your time trying to explain who you are to people who are committed to misunderstanding you.

Velvet Glove. Iron Fist

mi style still sharp .....u a A-Minor and dem a B-Flat

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by agroDOLCE View Post
    wow. a good bit of you have been at your jobs for a while. what's keeping you guys there?

my word! do you plan to retire from there or do you have plans to move on to some other place?
    Yes I plan to retire from my job

Credits
    12 1/2 years
    you ALL AGREE with my opinion, which is why NONE of you ever EFFECTIVELY DISPUTE IT

you ONLY have faith in the WOMEN'S ability to ELEVATE which is why you only FOCUS ON WOMEN...you ALL have long given up on Black men

you just don't have the BALLS to OVERTLY AGREE....rather just do it INDIRECTLY

weak men only can deal with weaker women

in the presence of strength you diminish...

T-MAKAA
    It depends on the company. Some company its worth stayin in others it isnt. Years ago u would notice it was a great thing to be at one job for yearsss. Thats not necessarily the case these days in certain industries. 3 years at a job is good enough

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by T-MAKAA View Post
    It depends on the company. Some company its worth stayin in others it isnt. Years ago u would notice it was a great thing to be at one job for yearsss. Thats not necessarily the case these days in certain industries. 3 years at a job is good enough
    i'm sorry....a person that can't stay at a job for more than 2 or 3 years is kinda unattractive...how do you ever get vested in a pension or those types of things....people always complain about atmosphere, room for growth and not getting along with coworkers etc...but how do you ever earn seniority, and respect amongst your peers if you don't put in the work?.....

it's like people don't want to PAY DUES...they think, they supposed to just have things the way they want it, coming out of the gate...and they keep moving on and you will never be able to build anything that way...that's so unstable

people keep moving from job to job, just to get 5k or 10k more a year, meanwhile they sacrifice benefits, seniority/favor etc etc...and do themselves a bigger disservice
    you ALL AGREE with my opinion, which is why NONE of you ever EFFECTIVELY DISPUTE IT

you ONLY have faith in the WOMEN'S ability to ELEVATE which is why you only FOCUS ON WOMEN...you ALL have long given up on Black men

T-MAKAA
    Quote Originally Posted by NikkiGiovanni View Post
    i'm sorry....a person that can't stay at a job for more than 2 or 3 years is kinda unattractive...how do you ever get vested in a pension or those types of things....people always complain about atmosphere, room for growth and not getting along with coworkers etc...but how do you ever earn seniority, and respect amongst your peers if you don't put in the work?.....

it's like people don't want to PAY DUES...they think, they supposed to just have things the way they want it, coming out of the gate...and they keep moving on and you will never be able to build anything that way...that's so unstable

people keep moving from job to job, just to get 5k or 10k more a year, meanwhile they sacrifice benefits, seniority/favor etc etc...and do themselves a bigger disservice
    Alot of jobs still have that? Mine does, but i heard alot does not.

In order to climb certain ladders, you have to keep switching jobs. I am talking about white collar jobs. Depends on industry.

Credits
    i know that in my field and in this area, in order for me to really grow, i have to switch jobs. if i were a lot older then maybe i'd consider staying at the company b/c the benefits are FABULOUS, but i'm not there yet.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by T-MAKAA View Post
    Alot of jobs still have that? Mine does, but i heard alot does not.

In order to climb certain ladders, you have to keep switching jobs. I am talking about white collar jobs. Depends on industry.
    that is what i don't understand....how are you climbing ladders if you are switching jobs??? seems to me like you can't

Credits
    next year May will make 10yrs.. them have to fire me, i'm not quitting. Raise my pay and i will be a happy camper.. more women than men, it get a lil more strict but we still reasonable.
    With jobs hard to come by leaving any job is crazy

Credits
    that is what i don't understand....how are you climbing ladders if you are switching jobs??? seems to me like you can't
    it may be easier to get a manager position at another company than to stay with your own company. e.g. at my company, if i want to become a manager, my boss basically has to leave. and even then it's not guaranteed.

LB
    Credits
    Depends on the industry....if you are headhunted after being in one position, another company will want your skill set and you leave one company to take a more responsible or "higher" position at another. You dont lose out on benefits by switching because the company who is headhunting you will offer not only more pay but a sweeter benefit package to entice you to leave.
    You can easily move up the corporate ladder - position wise - in this manner.
    ~ If you make the mountain any bigger you wont be able to move it later

Credits

that is true^
    in my teens before i started working my parents told me that employees look at your job history. If they see a pattern of u jumping from job to job they will say "why waste time hiring u when u will leave soon" so they will more than likely not hire someone who's jumping from job to job.

i hate when people complain about co workers and wanting to find a job with less dramma. Like that place exist, and it's mostly women that complain about being "hated" on buy other female co workers. Women get run off by other women..men quit for more money

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by NASDAQ View Post
    that is true^
    in my teens before i started working my parents told me that employees look at your job history. If they see a pattern of u jumping from job to job they will say "why waste time hiring u when u will leave soon" so they will more than likely not hire someone who's jumping from job to job.

i hate when people complain about co workers and wanting to find a job with less dramma. Like that place exist, and it's mostly women that complain about being "hated" on buy other female co workers. Women get run off by other women..men quit for more money
    i understand that employers don't want to see you jumping around from job to job to job but i think they also consider where you are in your career when looking at your resume. it also depends what industry you're in. IT consultants/contractors move around a lot. 6 months here, 3 months there, another 6 months elsewhere.

T-MAKAA
    Quote Originally Posted by NASDAQ View Post
    that is true^
    exactly. that is how it was for most jobs. That's not the case these days

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by LB View Post
    Depends on the industry....if you are headhunted after being in one position, another company will want your skill set and you leave one company to take a more responsible or "higher" position at another. You dont lose out on benefits by switching because the company who is headhunting you will offer not only more pay but a sweeter benefit package to entice you to leave.
    You can easily move up the corporate ladder - position wise - in this manner.
    oh now this makes sense....the way they were talking, i had the impression that people were just up and quitting because they didn't like what they were receiving at one company or one position...

there are people i know, that switch jobs every few years, but it just seems like an endless cycle of not really climbing a corporate ladder...it's like they are title chasers...but most times they have the title, but nothing of substance to go along with it.....some would even take pay cuts...in another company, just to have a higher title...then hope for the best

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast