Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do you feel about cops...

Credits

How do you feel about cops...

NYPD in particular? I am very touchy on this subject in that I have always hated the police, and their attitudes towards us.... but lately I have been strongly thinking about joining them. Am I sellin out??? Holla

Credits
    ur not selling out! If you have a good reason for joining them, then you are not selling out. You don't have to be like the other cops. just be yourself.
    ~LoVe LiFe~ Modda suckkaz

Credits
    Thanks Trini. I guess to me, I am just thinking about it as a job... a very stable job, with excellent benefits. If I can keep it there, then it would be fine, but it seems as though anytime you even get near the police, you get brainwashed. They make it sound like it is the greatest thing in the world, and they act like they are holier than thou... I definitely dont want to be brainwashed that way.

Credits
    lol Like any elitist organization the brainwashing will definately be there and the brootherhood will surfice. As long as you tru to yourself then I see no problem with it.. It pays the bills and supports the family.. But you WILL be brainwashed weather you like it or not.. :)

Credits
    NOOOOO.... thanks for the optimism PJK.

Credits
    Originally posted by PhatJamz kiDD
    lol Like any elitist organization the brainwashing will definately be there and the brootherhood will surfice. As long as you tru to yourself then I see no problem with it.. It pays the bills and supports the family.. But you WILL be brainwashed weather you like it or not.. :)
    I kind of disagree with that. If he's a strong person with a good mind, he could phase out anything, including brainwashing.

Credits
    she... she

Credits
    Originally posted by yanktiguan
    she... she
    lol,

Its nothing against you as a person yanktiguan, but those types of organizations are setup, military style, to mentally seperate you from society in order to be able to enforce.. I am not saying its a bad thing necessarily but its necessary in that line of work. You will have to make the connections and friends necessary in order to survive in the mostly male dominated field. Compromises will be made as it should to get ahead and to gain acceptance.. Its just the way of the world.. :)

Credits
    But i know madd westindans in the NYPD, and they are madd cool, not mentally separated for society in no way!

Credits
    Originally posted by trinipicses
    But i know madd westindans in the NYPD, and they are madd cool, not mentally separated for society in no way!
    Sorry maybe I am explaining it wrong.. That doesnt mean that you not a cool person or anything like that.. Its just a mindset that you must keep once you are an enforcer of anykind. That you are above society and you are a vehicle used to maintain order.. You can witness this kind of phenomenon best in the military whereas an abosulte regular citizen would come out and after 4 years in service you can quote him saying, "YOU civillians are so and so", like they have achieved some sort of elightenment.. :)

Credits
    I know PJ, I don't take it personally at all. That is exactly what I am afraid of. The same mentality that I despise, becoming my own. Me answering to a Commander in Chief named..... Bloomberg???Noooo, not me, this is too much to fathom. Life is about compromise. I'm sure we all know it very well, if you are in the business world, especially being of WI descent. I refuse to lose myself though.

but to Trini, thanks for that, because I really didnt know there were alot of WI massive in the NYPD. That's definitely a plus.

Credits
    yanktiguan more power to you .....But ah doh like police ,had a run in with a few on diffrent occasions.But i know all not the same.....

Credits
    to Pj, I understand what u are saying now. Thank for explaining it to me. Cuz I know one cop that acts that way, but we doh pay him no mind!

To yanktiguan, there are lot of WI's in the feild, but u have to find some of them cause some of them are american-nized, or have Westindian backgrounds. so u have to play detective too

Dragon
    I donít think are a sell out for joining the New York City police department. Some of my friends are police officers and they are very cool. The only people who donít like cops are criminals ..What we need are more police officers from the Caribbean. Labor day might finish 9pm

Credits
    Originally posted by DRAGON
    I donít think are a sell out for joining the New York City police department. Some of my friends are police officers and they are very cool. The only people who donít like cops are criminals ..What we need are more police officers from the Caribbean. Labor day might finish 9pm

That is why I'm going to take the exam on April 16th.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast