Thread: House passes immigration bill

dev
    Credits

House passes immigration bill

Get wunna citizenship....it's going be rough come 2007.

The Bill at a glance

A look at provisions in the border security bill approved Friday by the House.

-- Requires employers to use within six years a database to verify Social Security numbers of employees or face civil or criminal penalties for hiring illegal workers.
    -- Requires mandatory detention for all non-Mexican illegal immigrants arrested at ports of entry or at land and sea borders by October 1, 2006.
    -- Establishes mandatory sentences for smuggling illegal immigrants and for re-entering the country illegally after deportation.

-- Makes illegal presence in the country a crime.

-- Makes a drunken driving conviction a deportable offense.

-- Requires building five two-layer fences in parts of California, Texas, New Mexico and Arizona on the U.S.-Mexican border. Places priority on fence at Laredo, Texas.

-- Requires the departments of Defense and Homeland Security to develop a joint plan on increased use of military surveillance equipment on the border.

-- Requires Border Patrol uniforms to be made in the United States, not Mexico.

-- Prohibits the attorney general from providing grant money to any federal, state or local government agency or entity that fails to provide the Department of Homeland Security with information on a person's citizenship or immigration status.

-- Eliminates the visa lottery program.

-- Makes wording of oath of citizenship recited in naturalization ceremonies law to prevent changes without congressional action.

Credits
    What????

-- Requires mandatory detention for all non-Mexican illegal immigrants arrested at ports of entry or at land and sea borders by October 1, 2006.

What about Mexicans? Why are they immune?

As for the rest, this country is full of it. *steups*

Credits
    Who wants to get MARRIED to get their GREEN GARD?

I am CHARGING a small FEE of 25 GRAND.

Pebbles362436

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by VINCYPOWA
    Who wants to get MARRIED to get their GREEN GARD?

I'm willing to pay someone a small FEE of 250 GRAND to put up with my key Strokes.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles362436

I think my KEYSTROKES are doing QUITE well, thus no FEE is needed....free of CHARGE.