Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hold Up SocaJunkie!

Credits

Hold Up SocaJunkie!

Did you just say Aristocrat? Oh yeah not the best club but the best big place fete.

Credits

RE: Hold Up SocaJunkie!

Yeah Executive....by no means was it the best club...but 'member how the ceiling would drip when it got ram??? Xtatik would come on, machel would get out two "YEAH YEAH"s and PARTY DONE!!! LOL
    But the DJ have you JAMMIN until den so ya ain't care.....oh the good old days....they don't make fetes like that anymore........

n/a

That's so true about the Machel part but to me Aristocratic was the best to me, even though they was gettin shut down people still came back for other big fetes and not complainin as much like now. The DJ's back then was on key with everything. That was like my second home on a weekend. Since they closed down I've never party like that again bc that vibe wasn't there anymore.

I could remember when SQ1 was about to perform "Faluma", Allison was startin the intro to the song and fight break out, bathroom flood and next thing you I was on my way out the door to go home. Talk about vex I vexx.

Credits

NelsonSt Gyal - the bathroom fiasco was a good one....or fighting to get ya coat at the end of the night??? i dont' think we complained as much then because you had a good time from de minute u walk in....

what about that wild guy w/the locs that always had his shirt off?? wonder where he is these days.......LOL

I'm feelin old now... :-(

Credits

i was about to mention the nice long f*ckin coat check line! x( sorry for the foul language, but it was pressure!! i remember people feting in the coat check line, wining an ting...which was in front of the bathroom...another nuisance! :) (but i still liked those days!)

Credits

but you know what, like we harden because WE USED TO GO BACK KNOWING WHAT WE HAD IN STORE!! talk about aristocratic dedication! :):)

n/a

Was anybody there for the big fight they had when they reel beat up this guy. It was like 10 to 15 man against him by himself. Everybody was just watching,I was in the back by the tables not payin attention. After all that the party still went on like nothing happened.

That nite was crazy bc after the party I knew some of the people that was in involved.

Credits

lord gyal...now that was a fight...BUT if we gonna talk fights..LOL
    what about at Insomnia they held at the ark in 2000? machel was just starting to sing water when heineken bottles were bein pelted everywhere????? bloody men everywhere....then party done..... Only trinidad can have the REAL INSOMNIA....

n/a

I was going there after panorama and my cuz them called me and was like this one get he head buss and that one fightin and this one bleedin so i carry my unhappy behind (Bc my band came in 2nd place) back to the panyard.

Credits

sorry to hear it gyal..ya aint' miss much....just a lot of bloody people....no more insomnia parties for NY after that one...
    best wishes on the competition this year....

Credits

So let me ask what would it take to get things back to the way they use tobe. Is it we old now and we can't party every weekend? Should we leave it to the youths? Or are we not old people yet and we could still fete it down on the regular?

Credits

I could easily fete every weekend if fetes were as much fun as they used to be...I used to have more fun at those fetes even though they shut down early.

As for the young people, they cyah fete like we did they too social and boring!!!

Credits

it cyah happen, those days were THOSE days. today is something completely different. too much animosity these days, people studyin other people in de fete, or what they wearing. so much so, that they fuhgetin tuh fete and have fun. gyuls want to make sure they gucci hat doh fall off in de jumpin, men studyin dey new kicks (doh mash them!) fetes in those days used to have fight an ting (more than now), but at least the vibes were there. i was tyad running in volume ii, but i still went back. i can fete every weekend, but why bother when half de fetes does be ta-ta? what youths, we are youths! eh eh, not time fuh de geritol yet!!

n/a

I still in my early twenties but the youths now and the youths then are totally different.

I still young but feeling ole' bc of them youths don't know about them days.

Credits

I refuse to think I'm old. But I think the energy is different now...the bands don't have the same energy to just have you runnin around the fete on their command...and people are post up too worried about de hair sweatin out....lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast