Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Here's A Boycott Idea!

Credits

Here's A Boycott Idea!

With the recent trend in boycottism, I thought I'd suggest a possible boycott idea:

*ahem*
    How about boycotting the 100 year celebration of carnival in T&T until more active steps are taken to put an end to kidnapping?

Who wants to join me?

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by topclassbubbla
    With the recent trend in boycottism, I thought I'd suggest a possible boycott idea:

*ahem*
    How about boycotting the 100 year celebration of carnival in T&T until more active steps are taken to put an end to kidnapping?

Who wants to join me?
    wow.

Credits

Credits

*ahem*

Who wants to join me?

Good one. Post that in the Carnival Section nah. Its a great idea on paper but I doubt it will happen.

Credits

*ahem*

Who wants to join me?

Thats a great Idea.. except for a few things. I just bought my ticket yesterday, I'm not trini, none of my family is in trini, and I'm not important ... sooo no. But its still a great idea... And if it continues I'll boycott with you next year...

Credits
    This is a great idea Topclass but unfortunately, Trinidadians ain't serious about anything in life, so it won't fly.

LSK
    Credits

*ahem*

Who wants to join me?

Actually that idea does make a whole lot of sense. Hit the government where it hurts -- tourism. Hmmmm.....problem is, as Trinibaje said.......most Trini's ain't messing with dey carnival.

Credits

*ahem*

Who wants to join me?

Ummmmmmmmm, can't we boycott Easter or something? I don't think I can do the boycotting of Carnival thing....

Just kidding.....

Actually....

No I'm not

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by brownskintrini
    Ummmmmmmmm, can't we boycott Easter or something? I don't think I can do the boycotting of Carnival thing....

Just kidding.....

Actually....

No I'm not
    :p

Pebbles362436
    lol Bim already tried that this year after the entire flying fish drama. The boycott plan seem to backfire however. In fact, I think it only helped to motivate Trinidadians around the world to promote Trinidad carnival even harder this year. So the government, kidnappers and everyone all seem to worked really hard to prove everyone else wrong.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by nytrini
    We've lived together too long...:)

(BTW, you have all proved the point I've been trying to make for the past year).

Credits
    We've lived together too long...:)

(BTW, you have all proved the point I've been trying to make for the past year).

YES.. Trinidadians stand for nothing other than fete and bachannal.. i think its in de water.

amprincess
    Quote Originally Posted by Trinibaje
    YES.. Trinidadians stand for nothing other than fete and bachannal.. i think its in de water.
    why you think I love allyuh so? :p

Kiz
    Credits

*ahem*

Who wants to join me?
    You have to be a mad man. Boycott Carnival? Neva! Carnival is our heritage. Like somebody kidnap your senses.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by amprincess
    why you think I love allyuh so? :p
    no but serious.. maybe to our detriment we don't really care about those things.. i mean is the only country where rebels take over and a curfew is imposed but the people still feteing.. Curfew breafast fete... 6 pm to 6 am... I think you really have to understand the trini mentality and how it is so different from other islands... Listen to David Rudder tune, trini to de bone.. *nothing in de world don't bother we* dat is not just tune lyrics that is the gospel truth... I know it annoys others who don't understand what to be a Trini is, but that is how it is... for better or for worse.. i wouldn't want to come from anything else.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast