Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Help! The Afro-Caribbean population is decreasing rapidly in the UK

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaymaca View Post
    Lol. And your statement is based on what exactly? I know very much, and very little, about my culture and -surprise surprise- I still attract black men. Unfortunately your statement is very one-sided and very trite. Some black men also go with white women for "claim to fame" or move in circles where black women are scarcely available. Take footballers for example.

Moreover a significant amount of these mixed-race children some of these black men have left in care because the man didnt have his head altogether. Have you ever considered the possibility that a black man not wanting go with a black woman is him having contempt for the women in race? Its not uncommon to hear a black man talk about a black woman's weave in such disgust so it works both ways.
    stop telling lies.. the claim to fame move is over blown..

the fact is if you are black and middle class it is difficult to find another one of you unless you are in uni

The greatest city in the world come 2012!!
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneshot View Post
    stop telling lies.. the claim to fame move is over blown..

the fact is if you are black and middle class it is difficult to find another one of you unless you are in uni
    Its not a lie. Have you looked at the football industry lately? This is only one of the many reasons as to why they go with white women.

Your middle-class statement just proves my point - black men/women who move in circles where there are predominantly white people are more likely to end up with a white person. Generally, if you want a particular kind of person, you will go out of your way to find that particular person.

Credits

Cool

So I've heard.

Can Caribbean people repopulate the UK please?

Cant stand seeing mix-race children with dishevelled hair and eating crap because they are not taught to embrace their caribbean culture.

What other things can caribbean people in the UK do to ensure that their culture/gene pool does not die out?
    Apologies for bumping such an old topic. Anyhow I believe I can offer some insight on this, and possible ways to address this problem, as well as to accept to some degree what is going on.

Firstly, let's be clear we're talking about two overlapping problems. Caribbean (British West Indian) identity, and the Black racial genepool.

As far as Caribbean identity and cultural influence goes in the UK. I would have to say that if it could be quantified, for such a tiny region in the world (British West Indies - on the order of 5 million people - Jamaica, TnT, Guyana, Barbados, Grenada, t Lucia..), and for a relatively modest immigration wave to Great Britain, it grossly over-represents its cultural, linguistic, and media influence on the host nation (think music, entertainment, sports, food, carnival). Caribbeans should be proud of what the British chapter of the diaspora have achieved. I also think that given the situation (mixed race kids raised with absentee fathers), it's easier for them to adopt and be proud of the caribbean ancestry. (although I done an ancestry DNA test recently, and now can be proud of my African roots too, in particular my Nigerian ancestry - I would recommend all people from the Black diaspora to undertake a DNA test, they're relatively cheap these days).

Now over to the real concern, which I believe is about Blacks (predominantly African people) of Caribbean descent mixing with non-Blacks (mainly Whites).

The stat that everyone is looking at is the incorrect one. Given that the majority (75%) of White-Black Caribbeans grow up in single parent families, it follows that the the absentee Black fathers are not just sitting on their thumbs or other appendages, they are out there single and free looking for the next woman to get pregnant effectively. In addition with the large (I think around 50%) proportion of Black Caribbean children growing up in single parent families, it follows that there are even more absentee Black fathers with the opportunity to impregnate other women. In a nutshell, Black Caribbean women can still viably reproduce and sustain the core population provided the percentage that are having children with Black men (I think around 66%) multiplied by their TFR (which I believe is around 2.1 i.e replacement level) is greater than 1. Unfortunately, I think works out as lower than 1, officially around 0.66 (i.e. 66% * 2.1 / 2.1 replacement level = .66). So one effort to solve the problem is to increase the percentage of Black Caribbean women who have kids to Black Caribbean men, and another is for these women to bear more children (3 children on average would be necessary).

This is a general rule for all ethnic groups, including the White British majority. Assuming all ethnic groups having a TFR of 2.1, if there is anything less than 100% of the women having children with their own ethnic group, they will eventually decline. I believe, with the exception of maybe Pakistanis and Black Africans (higher than 2.1 TFR's compensate of the relatively small number of their women not having children with the same ethnic group). This is natural, over successive generations, the population becomes more heterogeneous (mixed).

The Chinese in Britain (along with other East Asians) are the most vulnerable as they have high numbers of women out-marrying, and they have low fertility rates. The problem is also compounded by the fact few of their men get to reproduce (many of their own women are busy with White men, so they have to compete for the few Oriental women that actually want an Oriental man). Anyway that's just a side note.

Other ways the Black Caribbean population can maintain its population is by a rise in immigration from the Caribbean (although I believe Caribbeans prefer the US and Canada. Just like Mexicans and most other migrants in the Americas.)

From a cultural point of view it can be said that the only Caribbean-aware children are those born to Black mothers (66% Black children, and 33% Mixed children - most of which all raised by a Caribbean mother). In addition 50% of Black Caribbean men produce Mixed children, of which maybe a quarter (12.5% of Black Caribbean men) are raising these children with Caribbean cultural identity. So works out as probably around 120% generational scale increase or in laymens term those who have Caribbean cultural heritage increases by 20% per generation (even if some of these may not look as Black). So this is a positive for the culture.

Also while its said that most Mixed race children, headed by a single white mother end up further out-marrying, having 1/4 Black children with whites. I believe this dynamic is changing. In London for instance, the White (and especially White British) population is rapidly declining, eventually most White British in London will be mixed too. Black Caribbeans and their Mixed race descendants will have decreasing opportunities of mating with any available White (or White British) partner. They'll end up producing children with either other Mixed Race, Blacks or Asians. We do have a temporary influx of Eastern Europeans, so the new trend will be Polish-Jamaican, and Romanian-Jamaican to replace the English-Jamaican and Irish-Jamaican of the past. Of course for the White parts of the country, the Mixed Race there have less hope. Not quite hopeless though, every corner of the UK is being rapidly re-colonized as its Empire strikes back!

In closing I'll give you a racial perspective, as I think there is something fundamentally wrong for any ethnicity living in a melting pot to protest about being mixed and absorbed into the collective. This is natural, and is what should happen eventually. Eventually every ethnicity will end up racially mixed with the other neighboring ethnicities whether it's Indians, Somalis, Chinese, Caribbeans, Romanians etc. Given enough time they'll all mix.

Now. I've done some analysis of the statistics. Of the children born in the UK today, roughly 3.5% are of Black Caribbean ancestry (these are a healthy mix of Mixed Race, Black Caribbeans, Mixed Caribbean-Africans, and descendants of Black Caribbeans that choose to instead identify as Black British and check 'Black Other' on the census), and roughly 4% are of Black African ancestry (mostly Black Africans, with a small but significant contribution from Mixed Black Africans). So around 7.75% of the babies born today in the UK are Black/Mixed. (in contrast around 11.52% of the babies are Asian/Mixed - mostly South Asian-Desi, but a few percentage points are Orientals. While only 5% are 'White Others' - so much for Eastern European immigration here, they have low fertility rates, however a large number do mix with other ethnic groups especially the White British majority, so probably around 8% of babies are of continental European descent. Only 71.65% of British babies are White British babies!)

I know this is long, but is more about getting people to think about the various ways of analyzing this.

To sum up what I think:

- The core Black Caribbean population will gradually shrink (although would take a couple generations just to halve)
    - Many of the mixed Caribbean offspring (whether with Whites, Asians or Black Africans) will end up remixing with Caribbeans in the future (in the more ethnic cities like London).
    - The now larger and rapidly growing Black African population (primarily Nigerians and other West Africans) will absorb the smaller Black Caribbean population.
    - As ethnic minorities live in increasingly non-white areas, there becomes less pull to assimilate and become British. 2nd and 3rd generation Black & Mixed Race British will have greater opportunities to date from a larger pool of people of African ancestry.
    - I don't think that we date exclusively based on ethnicity. There is a racial affinity too, which is why, especially in the 2nd and 3rd generations, Irish or Eastern Europeans will have very high mixing rates with White British. So 2nd and 3rd generation White-Black Caribbean mixes will have higher than usual mixing rates with White-Black Africans, and with Black Caribbeans and Black Africans.

Credits
    I think in the long term, especially with the 2nd generation British born Blacks, they'll be less likely to make a distinction between Caribbeans, Africans, and other Blacks in the diaspora (even Somalis will lose their distinction - more so via relationships with other Muslim Africans). In addition with the large degree of mixing and remixing, it blurs boundaries even further. You just end up with a large Black group with the single unifying property being of African ancestry.

So it's not as dire as you may think. I actually see Caribbeans as the early pioneers, to soften up the English, to the point where most English people have a child/brother/sister/cousin/niece/nephew of African ancestry and so are mentally ready for interracial breeding with the mighty African Army that is now following.

Your fear of Black Caribbeans becoming White washed in this country pales in comparison to the fear of White British becoming a minority in their own country, surrounded by lots of hungry Black and Mixed Race people that are eager to breed with what is left of the White population. Remember, now only 70% of babies born in the UK are White British babies. How many of that 70% will end up 1/2 Asian, Black or 'Mixed Race' children. Minorities still have a higher birth rate due to the younger immigrant profile. Brexit has not, and will not stop immigration of non-British here (it may even increase the African/Asian immigration rate, while decreasing the European immigration rate). So that percentage is set to fall. I'm not worried about my 3/4 Caribbean 1/4 English son being outbred by Whites. I live in a London borough where over 50% of the population are foreign born, and a lot of the British born here are non-White too. If my son grows up in this borough, he'll most likely end up having children with either a Nigerian, Mixed Race, Indian, Sri lankan, Romanian, Somali, Turkish etc. than a plain English woman. My wife and I will raise him to have good parental values and knowledge of his Caribbean background his children will carry the Caribbean culture.

Caribbean men - Keep impregnating other women, impregnate more. It will help spread our people (we come from a small population base). If you can influence some of the children then even better.
    Caribbean women - Try to aim for on average 3 children to Black & Mixed Race men. Yes it's more work, but life isn't supposed to be easy.

These two strategies will increase the share of Caribbean DNA in the UK, while maintaining the core Caribbean base. Eventually every single Human in the British Isles will have some Caribbean ancestry and we will have done our job in spreading our tropical PimpJuice!

Credits
    So I've heard.

Can Caribbean people repopulate the UK please?

Cant stand seeing mix-race children with dishevelled hair
    and eating crap because they are not taught to embrace their caribbean culture.

What other things can caribbean people in the UK do to ensure that their culture/gene pool does not die out?
    ROFL

People can't comb their hair?

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by jamaicangirl View Post
    ROFL

People can't comb their hair?
    These white mums dunno how to take care of their yutes hair have their kids looking messy. See it round ere everyday.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789