Thread: HELLO NEW YORKERS....

Credits

HELLO NEW YORKERS....

Can some one give me de Scoop on Labour Day? De road march? How was it?

I am dying here in Miami for infomation!!!!

Trinibaje

P.S.

Now dat Labour day is over ah could start talkin about Miami Carnival yet? Just asking ah doh want tuh get bouff.

Credits

RE: HELLO NEW YORKERS....

I agree!!!!:) I here in Atlanta to hear the scoop on the jamm.So I think its our turn to get ready for Miami

Credits

Let me give you all a quick rundown:
    Brassfest:

It was really nice, and even though I intended on getting on social, I was eventually corrupted and I misbehave real bad. Square One was garbage as usual but Xtatik ripped up de place.

Rooftop:

It was held at a place called Eden's Palace. It was nice to have a change of venue. The place was real big and there were no barricades between the stage and the feters. That party was going so nice, it really had to be one of the best of the year until cops shut it down. And hear the best part, they stop the party right before Shadow sang, Xtatik didn't even get to sing Taylaylay, and Denise Plummer, Militant and some other artists were not able to perform. I think ther was a fight on the side of the stage. Regardlesss, the police were just looking for a reason to shut down the fete. I was real vex when yuh see that happen. But oh well, all is life.

Jouvert:

Unfortunately I didn't make it to Jouvert, lots of bad vibes I was feeling (I was kinda drunk too). But I heard it wasn't spectacular. A lot of people do not understand the concept of Jouvert, most think that as soon as it gets dark, Jouvert start, so there were a lot of people out on Flatbush all 11:30pm, which made traffic horrible.

On the Parkway:

Well, I was on Sound Vibrations/Back2Basics truck all day, but I can tell you, IT HAD REAL PEOPLE OUT THERE!!!!!!!!!
    I did see a lot of things that really turned me off. It had woman in wheelchair in de middle of the madness, and the people that were taking care of her were trying to argue with the masqueraders. There were people there babies in the middle of the commess. These things just bewilder me. But overall the day was cool from where I was. I also got to meet Stryka and I must say that he has to be one of the nicest, sweetest people I have ever met. Fam, he's a real cool. Nuff big ups to you Stryka!!!!!!!

I have to big up ilandfntsy, trinsyspice, socababy, saggatriniboy, visuallynice, executive, winababy, blackie, montreal Lady, SSS, Calipso, and all the other Islandmix members who I bounce into this weekend. Big ups to Back2Basics, Sound Virations and everybody else on the truck yesterday. Nuff respect to D'Powder Posee, D'Jumbies, and everyone else who I forgot. Can't wait to do this all again next year. See you all in MIAMI!!!!!!!!!!
    God Bless!

Credits

Oops...how ah go forget mih boy SanDo so, luv ya bad baby!

God Bless!

Credits

RE: Labor Day...

Credits

well I'm sorry that I missed you on sunday but montREALady told me what I missed anyway the parkway was nice but as usual most of the bands never crossed because of the delay caused by the spectators but my band sesame flyers crossed and we had fun with xtatik, militant and andy armstrong all the way down the parkway and back to the camp playing music...see yall in miami we need to do a lime down there too

SEXY G.T. QUEEN