Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Harsh reality about "SOME" soca artists?

MrBlackRock

The Harsh reality about "SOME" soca artists?

MOST OF DEM CYAN FACKING SING....

dem rappin or yelling, the women can obviously sing.. but de men cyan sing, dah is why dem facking local.. and will remain so....

and another thing, i wonder how educated our artists are... cause i believe if they were more educated soca would be better than what it is...

just an observation....

its hard to get respect or for music to transend unless the voice appeals to the world...

sorry,, if yuh frens sing soca, or family or yuh know somebody and yuh feelings hurt cause i saying so... guh tuh fack long... tell dem get voice training

blackrock say so.
    Last edited by MrBlackRock; 08-25-2003 at 04:29 PM.

Credits
    "dem rappin or yelling" true indeed. the beef i have with dat, is when it gets labeled as 'soca music'.

salt

Credits
    you are just destine to start trouble but I have to agree with you

MrBlackRock
    Originally posted by ARAMˣITA
    you are just destine to start trouble but I have to agree with you
    i ain calling any names but you feel it is right for an artists manager to get more money out of his/her performances than him/her? all cause de artist isn't educated enough to understand logistics of contractual agreements and the idealogy of "profit"

MrBlackRock
    wunna would respond if i did talking about who foopin who and how stink some celebrity loook anyhow...

Credits
    Originally posted by MrBlackRock
    i ain calling any names but you feel it is right for an artists manager to get more money out of his/her performances than him/her? all cause de artist isn't educated enough to understand logistics of contractual agreements and the idealogy of "profit"
    Somebody really pissed you off today, but i agree with that.
    in soca i don't even thing alot of the artist have contracts with there managers , there are lots of folks walking around calling themselves managers, but they don' t have a clue.
    and as for the artist most of them just want to perform and if they get paid for it great , forget what they could be making , some of them actually do it to get girls, (sad) i think they need to be aware! pay close attention to there buisness, or they will get nowhere

Credits
    Originally posted by rictash
    Somebody really pissed you off today, but i agree with that.
    in soca i don't even thing alot of the artist have contracts with there managers , there are lots of folks walking around calling themselves managers, but they don' t have a clue.
    and as for the artist most of them just want to perform and if they get paid for it great , forget what they could be making , some of them actually do it to get girls, (sad) i think they need to be aware! pay close attention to there buisness, or they will get nowhere
    one of the downfalls of the industry . Every one is fren so no one formalizes everything. Everyone is a manager, yet most of them can't even understand the language in a contract. I see some contracts come across my desk.. and i juss laugh.. and lets not talk about the legalities of those who take up illegal residence and work illegally here...

As for the signing.. every tom ################ an harry singing soca... that is because with ragga soca and all the different variations you don't need to sing now.. just holla and wuk up.

I see a journalist in bim on a complilation album.. last near the man was writing bios for artist this year the man got 2 song... well yes!

Credits
    wunna would respond if i did talking about who foopin who and how stink some celebrity loook anyhow...
    gosh

MrBlackRock
    you imagine an artist been in de game for years mekkin nuff money... but looking for a ride home?

look....... if college and higher ed ain for everyone but....

BUT...

BUT....

if an artist... has a degree , and up's his price ... you feel people gine dispute against that? de same way in hollywood what many of us don't know why a sorry ass actor getting paid a good actor is because of the educational and practical background... we chanting artists. and dem brek as fack... i leffin a party gine to my comfortable house.. and de artists i chanting for gine and stay in some shite hole for acccomodations... steups BAHHHHH-CONT

Credits
    no.. for what?? I think if an artiste mekkin he manager get more money dam him he need to go bankrupt... cause he very stupid... steups... i know accoutng hard but learn the basics so tha yu can run part of your money... is common sense to know that yu have de talent so therefore you should be the commoddity...not yuh rass manager... and know that it ent good when your manager requestin big shite for dem when dey makin a bookin for you and leaving you wit shite ...
    The saint and the sinner are just exchanging notes. Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.

The matador wins by avoiding the bull not colliding with him!

Credits
    you imagine an artist been in de game for years mekkin nuff money... but looking for a ride home?

look....... if college and higher ed ain for everyone but....

BUT...

BUT....

if an artist... has a degree , and up's his price ... you feel people gine dispute against that? de same way in hollywood what many of us don't know why a sorry ass actor getting paid a good actor is because of the educational and practical background... we chanting artists. and dem brek as fack... i leffin a party gine to my comfortable house.. and de artists i chanting for gine and stay in some shite hole for acccomodations... steups BAHHHHH-CONT
    you are absolutely right. That is called lack of education and knowledge

MrBlackRock
    Originally posted by bunjigarlindarlin
    no.. for what?? I think if an artiste mekkin he manager get more money dam him he need to go bankrupt... cause he very stupid... steups... i know accoutng hard but learn the basics so tha yu can run part of your money... is common sense to know that yu have de talent so therefore you should be the commoddity...not yuh rass manager... and know that it ent good when your manager requestin big shite for dem when dey makin a bookin for you and leaving you wit shite ...
    and de manager got he name as producer.. wuh de fack u does do but book and talk? lets take the nba

Ray Allen.... got an $87 million dollar contract...

Kevin Garnett got a $100 million dollar contract...

Ray's net worth is greater than Garnett cause Ray handles his personal business. negotiated his contract.... and netted all 87 million

Credits
    you are perfectly right.

MrBlackRock
    De artists union in bim currently working on something where the gov't will provide someone to represent them almost like a financial advisor who can work strictly with contracts and other bookings therefore all the lowlifes can bite duh balls... you don't have to be educated to be learn the details of the "pay/own/earn" concept.

Credits
    dais is de schupid artist problem... education is key ... yuh would think that as an artist knowin somewhat of what de business u bout to get into is like, yuh would learn about and make sure yuh understand dem tings and make sure yuh gettin urs ... ah well

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast