Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Half siblings

Spranga

Half siblings

why do we consider it one way and not the other?

isn't a half symmetrical to another half?

is it because they most likely didn't live w/ you and you don't know them much?

anybody here leaves out the word "half" when they talk about their half sibling?

Toppa_Toppa
    Quote Originally Posted by Spranga View Post
    why do we consider it one way and not the other?

isn't a half symmetrical to another half?

is it because they most likely didn't live w/ you and you don't know them much?

anybody here leaves out the word "half" when they talk about their half sibling?
    I don't call them half anything. Just brothers and sisters.

Credits
    Yes I don't call anybody half.. Half implies less than... I don't refer to people's siblings as half...
    Never waste your time trying to explain who you are to people who are committed to misunderstanding you.

Velvet Glove. Iron Fist

mi style still sharp .....u a A-Minor and dem a B-Flat

Credits
    My father had daughters from his first marriage and no one but me considers them as family even, far more half-siblings.

I refer to them as my "sisters" but I doh really perceive dem as such. I just say dat because is de right thing to say.

Credits
    I don't refer to my siblings as half nothing... they're my brothers and sisters.... end of story

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Nica View Post
    I don't refer to my siblings as half nothing... they're my brothers and sisters.... end of story
    Are they your father's children?

I think I would perceive them differently if they were my mother's children.

Credits
    My brother and sister from my dad's previous marriage. My sister is my sister. A lot of people don't even know we don't have the same mom. Brother is Half... he too dotish.
    The saint and the sinner are just exchanging notes. Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.

The matador wins by avoiding the bull not colliding with him!

Credits
    nah no half ting, brother is my brother

Credits
    Yea I think most people don't use half unless some assness went down and de parent fill dey head with nonsense... Cos half or whole.. Still blood.. Unless ur father aint really yuh father.. Lol
    Never waste your time trying to explain who you are to people who are committed to misunderstanding you.

Velvet Glove. Iron Fist

mi style still sharp .....u a A-Minor and dem a B-Flat

Spranga
    Quote Originally Posted by RenzePenze View Post
    My brother and sister from my dad's previous marriage. My sister is my sister. A lot of people don't even know we don't have the same mom. Brother is Half... he too dotish.

matter or convenience eh... well it seems we have mixed views. growing up all i heard was half this and half that. both my parents refer to their half siblings as such. not because they weren't close... which isn't always the case, but probably to make it known that they didn't share the same mother.

LB
    Credits
    I dont have any half siblings but all of my friends who do have them refer to them as such....and I would never get that.
    ~ If you make the mountain any bigger you wont be able to move it later

Credits

i doh used half, is brother or sister....

but i kno growing up i heard ppl say yeah thats my brother on my father side or whaeva instead of half sibling...
    Living like Peggy, plotting like Joan

I can only be me.... MadamStatuesque's Avatar MadamStatuesque is offline
    Credits
    my 2 brothers are dotish as ever as well so they both get half, sometimes i doh even call them my brothers... steups
    Not a single ounce of fock shall be given today...

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Spranga View Post

matter or convenience eh... well it seems we have mixed views. growing up all i heard was half this and half that. both my parents refer to their half siblings as such. not because they weren't close... which isn't always the case, but probably to make it known that they didn't share the same mother.
    .. I only like to associate with his sensible side.. so is half... My sisters refer to him as brother...

My mother refers to her half sister as sisters. I know when i said this was my sister though people would say for *my mother name?* and then we would have to explain so I guess it easier for them to say Half one time *shrugs*
    The saint and the sinner are just exchanging notes. Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.

The matador wins by avoiding the bull not colliding with him!

Spranga
    .. I only like to associate with his sensible side.. so is half... My sisters refer to him as brother...

My mother refers to her half sister as sisters. I know when i said this was my sister though people would say for *my mother name?* and then we would have to explain so I guess it easier for them to say Half one time *shrugs*
    lol u might as well join them.
    but yea... it's probably all weird and interesting to me because i don't have any

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast