Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Haitian woman:Let my family in

Gladiator
    Quote Originally Posted by Brownilus View Post
    You passing judgment on it as nonsense before you even see what it is, so what am i going for post for?

The thread that was talking about haitians after the earthquake and what and what not jamaica can and should not be doing and whose island doing the most. That whole argument was going on on both boards. The fact that Jamaica had haitians on the ground before this earthquake was pointed out in a different thread before the earthquake even hit, like last year at least.

If you remember either of those threads let me know, cause i don't even remember the titles. If you still have no clue then no problem.

I see you didn't bother argue the rest of the post though.
    and what I am trying to tell you is teh average Trini dont care about haitians living in Jamiaca so fuh you to come in here and mention that, it is absurd..what is your point by stating that in this thread ??..i remember a thread I posted stating T&T give Haiti 1 million after the quake where all these comparisons with jamaica come from ?? :confuse:..allyuh really have no shame
    Last edited by Gladiator; 03-07-2010 at 01:52 AM.

Gladiator
    This does not disprove anything in my post, just so you know. Is trini's 5 million the reason you feel the two haitians in this thread's topic should not be granted asylum? Or do you feel they should be?
    and what does that post has to do with your post dumb dumb ..so you think every post i posted in here has something to do with your post...so YOU think T&T should grant haitian asylum now ?..who are you to make that judgement?..you pay tax in T&T ?? :
    Last edited by Gladiator; 03-07-2010 at 01:58 AM.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Lieutenant View Post
    and what does that post has to do with your post dumb dumb ..so you think every post i posted in here has something to do with your post...so you think T&T should grant haitian asylum now ?..who are you to make thaqt judgement?..you pay tax in T&T ?? :
    When America deport a Trini, don't bawl.

You know how much Trini fight for asylum in the states?

steups

Nothing wrong with Haitians living in Trinidad.

Gladiator
    Please let me stay in TT
    By LEISELLE MARAJ Saturday, March 6 2010

HAITIAN earthquake survivor Anelie Joseph is yet to get official approval to remain in this country despite receiving money to pay for her bond from Chaguanas West MP Jack Warner.

“I thank God for being able to reach Trinidad and I want to stay here and pursue my career as a caterer. I want to get my life back in order,” Joseph said. Up until yesterday afternoon, the 25- year-old woman was being assisted by the Traditional African National Association (TANA) which intervened in her case when she was on the verge of being deported to Haiti on Wednesday.

Joseph made the trip to Trinidad after the 7.0 magnitude earthquake which rocked Haiti in January claimed the lives of both her mother and father. She tearfully recalled that day, while speaking at the TANA headquarters on Frederick Street, Port-of-Spain. She said she was on her way back to her home in Port-au-Prince from visiting a friend in another village when the earthquake struck.

“I saw houses moving and shaking and when I got to my home, I saw the entire place mash-up and I could not enter,” she said. She was able to explain that she left the site where her home once stood to seek shelter and found out afterwards that her family died when the house collapsed. Joseph sat in a chair, trying to compose herself.

She set her sights on coming to Trinidad after making contact with her close friend, Exantus Gislaine who lives close to Joseph and who was in Trinidad two days before the quake. She was granted automatic asylum and has been placed in the care of the Living Waters community. Joseph informed Gislaine, a customs clerk, that her family also died and Gislain suggested Joseph should try to make it to Trinidad.

Joseph made her way to the Dominican Republic after obtaining a two-month visa but was sent back to Haiti because officials there told her she needed a one-year visa. She got the document and returned to the Dominican Republic but was then told she needed to spend five days there before heading to Trinidad. She finally got on a flight to Antigua and then to Trinidad but at the Piarco International Airport, her passport was confiscated and she was detained in what she described as a prison. She could not say exactly where she was taken but there were only women and she was guarded by a male officer.

“I never travelled before so when I got to Trinidad and they took my passport, sent me to prison and told me I was going back to Haiti, I was scared. There was only one window through which I was able to look through. I have never been in this type of situation before. Nobody was coming to tell me anything,” she said.

TANA official, David Walcott, explained that it was at this point his association intervened. They were able to have Joseph released into the custody of her friend but she was ordered to pay a $3,000 bond to remain in the country for an unspecified period of time. Warner, as reported in yesterday’s Newsday, assured that he will pay the bond and get her a job at the Centre of Excellence, his sporting and recreational facility in Macoya.

This sum has been provided but Walcott said officials at the Immigration office up to yesterday did not accept the bond. He said he was not willing to divulge the reasons behind this but said that he will do so on Monday

Gladiator
    Quote Originally Posted by optimizm View Post
    When America deport a Trini, don't bawl.

You know how much Trini fight for asylum in the states?

steups

Nothing wrong with Haitians living in Trinidad.
    Mostly likely she will get asylum like the one who fought before her right after the quake..when she does get asylum i will coem back in here post the article and you wont have much to say...and there alot of haitians living in Trini, nothing is wrong with that
    Last edited by Gladiator; 03-07-2010 at 01:54 AM.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquinhaiti4ever View Post
    Wow Haitian everywhere I didn't know they have them In Trinidad
    Yup, We happen to be some of the most dispersed group of people out of the Caribbean. We are everywhere but where we need to be.

I hope everything works out for. I'm happythat her family survived. Carrefour Feuilles is where the epicenter was. I also had some folks down there. And it was real bad.If the woman is legal and working, i hope there won't be any problems in letting the rest of her family come into the country.

I'm curious though as to how many Haitians live down in Trinidad and where they are concentrated???
    Ti sourit, ti sourit se nan pèlen ou rete
    Rat ki rat se nan pèlen ou rete
    Tèt zozo men pa ou, zozo kale men pa ou
    M ap konyen fanm nan jis solèy leve
    Bwa m kale tou wouj
    Kon piman , kon piman, Langyèt madivinèz
    Ou pa bezwen chandèl pou ou klere l

Gladiator
    Quote Originally Posted by tikreyol View Post
    Yup, We happen to be some of the most dispersed group of people out of the Caribbean. We are everywhere but where we need to be.

I hope everything works out for. I'm happythat her family survived. Carrefour Feuilles is where the epicenter was. I also had some folks down there. And it was real bad.If the woman is legal and working, i hope there won't be any problems in letting the rest of her family come into the country.

I'm curious though as to how many Haitians live down in Trinidad and where they are concentrated???
    I doubt it is as much as the islands close to haiti but there is a handful...I noticed soem in POS on my last visit.I hope a Trini Imixer who lives up North trinidad will come and give more info..I dont think there would be any problems with this one of your countrymen but expect to find out soon..

Credits
    and what I am trying to tell you is teh average Trini dont care about haitians living in Jamiaca so fuh you to come in here and mention that, it is absurd..what is your point by stating that in this thread ??..i remember a thread I posted stating T&T give Haiti 1 million after the quake where all these comparisons with jamaica come from ?? :confuse:..allyuh really have no shame
    No shame about what? I clearly said i don't remember which thread but gave the details of the threads i was referring to. It is not absurd to mention jamaica's generosity with housing when trinis in trini and in the thread are sounding stingy about providing any help outside of money...because i clearly remember the way jamaica was being made to look like it wasn't doing much...and my point was it's been providing hands-on help in the form of a place to live for some haitians from before even the quake.
    and what does that post has to do with your post dumb dumb ..so you think every post i posted in here has something to do with your post...so YOU think T&T should grant haitian asylum now ?..who are you to make that judgement?..you pay tax in T&T ?? :
    It is a thread posted on this board, did you specify only trinis could or should respond? Stop acting like a dipshyt.

What does your post about 5 million from tnt have to do with people asking asylum? YOU brought it up in YOUR thread like it have a damn thing to do with people looking asylum in TRINIDAD...so yes i am going to ask you what was your point in dropping that, did that prove or disprove the haitians' need for asylum in trinidad? I am still on topic where you gone? Your drop about tnt's 5 million was pointless unless you're trying to say since dem get dat dem shouldn't have the nerve to ask for anything else. Calling it LIKE I SEE IT.

I am just questioning the responses based on the impression I had before.

I can make any judgment I want on any post on the board, just like not paying tax in Ja or China etc doesn't stop anybody on this board from judging when the topics are brought up. Unuh do it all the time but can't stand when it's done to you.

You trying to make argument out of one part of my post and ignoring the other part. Convenient.
    Who has eyes to see, let them see...

Gladiator
    No shame about what? I clearly said i don't remember which thread but gave the details of the threads i was referring to. It is not absurd to mention jamaica's generosity with housing when trinis in trini and in the thread are sounding stingy about providing any help outside of money...because i clearly remember the way jamaica was being made to look like it wasn't doing much...and my point was it's been providing hands-on help in the form of a place to live for some haitians from before even the quake.

It is a thread posted on this board, did you specify only trinis could or should respond? Stop acting like a dipshyt.

What does your post about 5 million from tnt have to do with people asking asylum? YOU brought it up in YOUR thread like it have a damn thing to do with people looking asylum in TRINIDAD...so yes i am going to ask you what was your point in dropping that, did that prove or disprove the haitians' need for asylum in trinidad? I am still on topic where you gone? Your drop about tnt's 5 million was pointless unless you're trying to say since dem get dat dem shouldn't have the nerve to ask for anything else. Calling it LIKE I SEE IT.

I am just questioning the responses based on the impression I had before.

I can make any judgment I want on any post on the board, just like not paying tax in Ja or China etc doesn't stop anybody on this board from judging when the topics are brought up. Unuh do it all the time but can't stand when it's done to you.

You trying to make argument out of one part of my post and ignoring the other part. Convenient.
    your improving..you didnt mention why you felt the need to compare jamaica with TnT in this thread within your above post..never said you cant post...and yet yo still cant post the link to your first response saying "Trinis cuss we"..again inferior complex...carry on...

Credits
    Please let me stay in TT
    By LEISELLE MARAJ Saturday, March 6 2010

HAITIAN earthquake survivor Anelie Joseph is yet to get official approval to remain in this country despite receiving money to pay for her bond from Chaguanas West MP Jack Warner.

“I thank God for being able to reach Trinidad and I want to stay here and pursue my career as a caterer. I want to get my life back in order,” Joseph said. Up until yesterday afternoon, the 25- year-old woman was being assisted by the Traditional African National Association (TANA) which intervened in her case when she was on the verge of being deported to Haiti on Wednesday.

Joseph made the trip to Trinidad after the 7.0 magnitude earthquake which rocked Haiti in January claimed the lives of both her mother and father. She tearfully recalled that day, while speaking at the TANA headquarters on Frederick Street, Port-of-Spain. She said she was on her way back to her home in Port-au-Prince from visiting a friend in another village when the earthquake struck.

“I saw houses moving and shaking and when I got to my home, I saw the entire place mash-up and I could not enter,” she said. She was able to explain that she left the site where her home once stood to seek shelter and found out afterwards that her family died when the house collapsed. Joseph sat in a chair, trying to compose herself.

She set her sights on coming to Trinidad after making contact with her close friend, Exantus Gislaine who lives close to Joseph and who was in Trinidad two days before the quake. She was granted automatic asylum and has been placed in the care of the Living Waters community. Joseph informed Gislaine, a customs clerk, that her family also died and Gislain suggested Joseph should try to make it to Trinidad.

Joseph made her way to the Dominican Republic after obtaining a two-month visa but was sent back to Haiti because officials there told her she needed a one-year visa. She got the document and returned to the Dominican Republic but was then told she needed to spend five days there before heading to Trinidad. She finally got on a flight to Antigua and then to Trinidad but at the Piarco International Airport, her passport was confiscated and she was detained in what she described as a prison. She could not say exactly where she was taken but there were only women and she was guarded by a male officer.

“I never travelled before so when I got to Trinidad and they took my passport, sent me to prison and told me I was going back to Haiti, I was scared. There was only one window through which I was able to look through. I have never been in this type of situation before. Nobody was coming to tell me anything,” she said.

TANA official, David Walcott, explained that it was at this point his association intervened. They were able to have Joseph released into the custody of her friend but she was ordered to pay a $3,000 bond to remain in the country for an unspecified period of time. Warner, as reported in yesterday’s Newsday, assured that he will pay the bond and get her a job at the Centre of Excellence, his sporting and recreational facility in Macoya.

This sum has been provided but Walcott said officials at the Immigration office up to yesterday did not accept the bond. He said he was not willing to divulge the reasons behind this but said that he will do so on Monday
    warner AGAIN

Credits
    I hope she gets to stay.....

Gladiator
    Quote Originally Posted by Olokun View Post
    More immigration trouble for Haitians in Trinidad

Don’t send me back to Haiti

By Indarjit Seuraj and Sean Douglas Friday, March 5 2010

She lost her mother and father to the 7.0 magnitude earthquake which decimated Haiti just twelve days into the new year. And yesterday, 25-year-old Anelie Joseph, from Port-au-Prince, made a stirring appeal for help from the TT Government.

“I am here and I am asking the Government of Trinidad to help me to stay and work in Trinidad,” Joseph said during an interview yesterday.

Through an interpreter, a Ghanaian friend, Joseph said after the earthquake which claimed the lives of her father Victor Joseph, 55, a truck driver, and her mother Rochelle Loflume, 50, a seamstress, there was no reason for her to stay in Haiti again.

“I came here because I have nobody,” she said.

Joseph entered Trinidad on Tuesday after boarding a flight from the neighbouring Dominican Republic. She was detained by Immigration officers at the Piarco International Airport.

On the brink of being deported, she was rescued by the Traditional African National Association (TANA) and the Emancipation Support Committee.

She was booked for a Copa Airlines flight destined for Dominican Republic before TANA and Kafra Kambon stepped in.

She was released in the custody of a close friend following the intervention of TANA. She was also ordered to pay a $3,000 bond on her release.

This is yet to be paid and TANA also joined in the appeal for assistance for the Haitian.

“We are asking the State to waive the bond in light of the crisis in Haiti,” TANA official David Walcott said yesterday.

Joseph is now seeking asylum in Trinidad.

Asked if she wanted to return home, she replied, “No.”

“Right now I don’t think I can go back because there is nothing there,” she said.

UNC chairman Jack Warner yesterday said he would pay the $3,000 bond to help Joseph stay in Trinidad, as he chided Foreign Affairs Minister Paula Gopee-Scoon for not doing so herself.

Asked why he was helping her, Warner told Newsday he had personally visited Haiti and seen the devastating conditions. Further, he had last week hosted the president of the Haitian Football Federation.

Warner said Joseph had no family left in Haiti. “We must extend the milk of human kindness to her. I will give her a job at the Centre of Excellence. She can live with her sister nearby in St Augustine, so she can build her life anew,” he said.

He said Gopee-Scoon should have asked the Government to give Joseph shelter, but instead he had got the impression that the minister had been nonchalant towards her plight. “As Shadow Minister of Foreign Affairs, I shall do what Paula Gopee Scoon won’t do.”

At yesterday’s post-Cabinet news conference, Gopee-Scoon had given a business-as-usual impression when asked of the Government’s policy towards Haitians.

$3,000 bond posted: Haitian gets to stay 6 months

$3,000 bond posted: Haitian gets to stay 6 months
    Source: TrinidadExpress

- Gyasi Gonzales
    Saturday, March 6th 2010
    HAITIAN national Anelie Joseph got the green light to stay in Trinidad and Tobago for the next six months yesterday. What happens to her after that, according to Khafra Kambon, chairman of the Emancipation Support Committee, is in the hands of the Government.

Kambon, along with Traditional African National Association, intervened on behalf of Joseph just as she was about to be deported following her arrival at Piarco on Tuesday from the Dominican Republic..link to the rest TriniVoices

Mad Scorpion
    Quote Originally Posted by optimizm View Post
    Why they have to be "legal" and have to be able to take care of their family?
    Trinis cuss we when we already was giving haitians asylum before this quake...and acting so stingy cause dem fraid if dem help one a deluge of haitians going to come.

I don't get this girl M.O. though...america is giving out papers to haitian refugees...why she board a flight for trinidad and not one for the U.S.?
    So dumbass trow out he bait an ketch another dumbass wow!

How about we doh want anyone from anywhere coming to TnT that has no relations or means to sustain their existence in the country. So we should let een people who have no family or any means to survive, to do what? Live of tax payers money Become vagrants? TnT have enough of our own citizens struggling we cant just give handouts to everyone.

As fuh da lady I hope she get thru but apart from that I eh see why TnT ha to take everybody who show up hat in hand no questions asked.

Credits
    I'm happy she gets to stay. Hopefully this 6 months gives her enough time to get herself situated and get her status in order. I'm glad she has family that lives there too so she has someone to lean on. There are others who have nobody and nothing at all. Poor woman lost her mother and father. But it could have been worse. I'm happy that the islands are making special arrangements for our brothers and sisters in my Haiti. Its good we are supporting each other.
    Ti sourit, ti sourit se nan pèlen ou rete
    Rat ki rat se nan pèlen ou rete
    Tèt zozo men pa ou, zozo kale men pa ou
    M ap konyen fanm nan jis solèy leve
    Bwa m kale tou wouj
    Kon piman , kon piman, Langyèt madivinèz
    Ou pa bezwen chandèl pou ou klere l

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12