Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 24

Thread: Hair Drama

  1. #1
    poca-old
    Guest

    Hair Drama

    ok people i need serious help.... it's been about 3 years i stopped relaxing my hair and i said that i would never ever relax my hiar again. so in the past 3 years i've tried to have dreads about 3 times, it never work because my hair wasn't locking as fast as i wished, so i went back to cane rows and braids again. but the thing is that i am tired of braiding my hair, i want to do something different but i don't know what to do with my natural hair... i wasn't blessed with the gift of doing complex "hair do" so i am desperate and i see my self going toward chemicals again and i don't want to...
    please i need help....
    S.O.S islandmix

  2. #2
    strength, courage, wisdom soca junkie's Avatar soca junkie is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    here
    Posts
    13,484
    Credits
    54,187
    what about a very cut?? all you would have to do to maintain it is some oils and a shape up every week or so......

  3. #3
    Happily Ever After Dougla Ting's Avatar Dougla Ting is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    My own world
    Posts
    17,077
    Credits
    1,534,359
    Just take a baldy and done nah.

  4. #4
    Registered User CARAMELSISTA's Avatar CARAMELSISTA is offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    BKLYN, USA
    Posts
    24,184
    Credits
    1,016,762
    Pony-tail does well all the time.

  5. #5
    The Great Pretender Sugahkhayne's Avatar Sugahkhayne is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    In my skin
    Posts
    16,502
    Credits
    1,041,886
    u lack patience grasshoppa..dreads require aloooottt of patience..
    my hair took bout a yr and change to loc...
    Some men move mountains
    Some women move men who move mountains
    Most women with mountains move some men
    But I...I am a woman who is moved by men who can get through the valley

    Queen GodIs

  6. #6
    poca-old
    Guest
    cut... no i can't cut my hair... it's been 3 years i am fighting to get them long.... my kinky hair really don't grow fast... i'll be so sad and even more desperate if i cut them....
    i was thinking maybe i could texturize it... but it is still chemical..

  7. #7
    Dragon
    Guest
    Take ah picture so we can see what it looks like

  8. #8
    Happily Ever After Dougla Ting's Avatar Dougla Ting is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    My own world
    Posts
    17,077
    Credits
    1,534,359
    Originally posted by poca
    cut... no i can't cut my hair... it's been 3 years i am fighting to get them long.... my kinky hair really don't grow fast... i'll be so sad and even more desperate if i cut them....
    i was thinking maybe i could texturize it... but it is still chemical..
    Well, the only other option is to stick with the braids.

  9. #9
    Registered User CARAMELSISTA's Avatar CARAMELSISTA is offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    BKLYN, USA
    Posts
    24,184
    Credits
    1,016,762
    Originally posted by poca
    cut... no i can't cut my hair... it's been 3 years i am fighting to get them long.... my kinky hair really don't grow fast... i'll be so sad and even more desperate if i cut them....
    i was thinking maybe i could texturize it... but it is still chemical..
    Press it with ah pressing comb then.

  10. #10
    The Great Pretender Sugahkhayne's Avatar Sugahkhayne is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    In my skin
    Posts
    16,502
    Credits
    1,041,886
    Originally posted by poca
    cut... no i can't cut my hair... it's been 3 years i am fighting to get them long.... my kinky hair really don't grow fast... i'll be so sad and even more desperate if i cut them....
    i was thinking maybe i could texturize it... but it is still chemical..
    try the dreads again...
    Some men move mountains
    Some women move men who move mountains
    Most women with mountains move some men
    But I...I am a woman who is moved by men who can get through the valley

    Queen GodIs

  11. #11
    Shitsuren Kyuka RenzePenze's Avatar RenzePenze is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    Ft Liquordale
    Posts
    19,556
    Credits
    1,105,770

    Re: Hair Drama

    Originally posted by poca
    ok people i need serious help.... it's been about 3 years i stopped relaxing my hair and i said that i would never ever relax my hiar again. so in the past 3 years i've tried to have dreads about 3 times, it never work because my hair wasn't locking as fast as i wished, so i went back to cane rows and braids again. but the thing is that i am tired of braiding my hair, i want to do something different but i don't know what to do with my natural hair... i wasn't blessed with the gift of doing complex "hair do" so i am desperate and i see my self going toward chemicals again and i don't want to...
    please i need help....
    S.O.S islandmix
    SISTERLOCKS baby!!!
    The saint and the sinner are just exchanging notes. Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.

    The matador wins by avoiding the bull not colliding with him!

  12. #12
    Registered User Lindsey's Avatar Lindsey is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    not sure yet, but when i find out ill tell ya
    Posts
    2,897
    Credits
    1,025,980
    I am in the same position as you and what i did, advised by my hairdresser. Was I braided my own hair and bought many wigs. Let your hair breeze and just wear wigs.

  13. #13
    poca-old
    Guest
    i really want to lock my hair again... i said that i'll try again in September because i'll have a major change in my life and also i'll go in TnT for 12 months so i might get someone wo really know how to lock hair down there..
    by the way, do u guys know any hairdresser i can go to in TnT

  14. #14
    The Great Pretender Sugahkhayne's Avatar Sugahkhayne is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    In my skin
    Posts
    16,502
    Credits
    1,041,886

    Re: Re: Hair Drama

    Originally posted by bunjigarlindarlin
    SISTERLOCKS baby!!!
    i beginning to think that ur an ad rep for sister locks
    Some men move mountains
    Some women move men who move mountains
    Most women with mountains move some men
    But I...I am a woman who is moved by men who can get through the valley

    Queen GodIs

  15. #15
    Shitsuren Kyuka RenzePenze's Avatar RenzePenze is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    Ft Liquordale
    Posts
    19,556
    Credits
    1,105,770
    Originally posted by poca
    i really want to lock my hair again... i said that i'll try again in September because i'll have a major change in my life and also i'll go in TnT for 12 months so i might get someone wo really know how to lock hair down there..
    by the way, do u guys know any hairdresser i can go to in TnT
    I think there is only one "Certified" Locktician in Trinidad... I think her store is in POS, Fredricks st... I'll find out for you!!!
    The saint and the sinner are just exchanging notes. Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.

    The matador wins by avoiding the bull not colliding with him!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •