Kiz
    Credits
    Ok. I'll give it 4 more minutes den its outta here

tramericanjr
    i coulda swear is trinidad national team

lol

Dawtah of the Sun Empressdududahlin's Avatar Empressdududahlin is offline
    Credits
    The title is sooo funny, lol... Thanks for the links babes!!

Grenadians too hot for Trinis to handle
    By Helen Grenade

Grenada’s soccer team gave fans what they had hoped to see in their Caribbean Cup encounter on Sunday (June 26). The scene wasn’t quite Wembley Stadium, and the stakes weren’t a World Cup, but in an entertaining and electric 3 – 0 win over Trinidad, they gave a performance that was world class.

The local Spice Boyz took charge of the play from the beginning, wandering around midfield at will at the Jefferson High School field, soaking up the applause from a crowd of over 3,000 ardent soccer fans.

Ricky Charles scored the first goal, and Maurice set up the second goal in a passing performance that alternated between subtle and sublime. The Grenadian stars had struggled in their first appearance in Caribbean Cup this season against Dominica, but facing the Trinis on Sunday they were spectacular.

Goal keeper Alvin “Ziggy” Felix said, “It was exciting and entertaining, and that’s what people want to see. I enjoyed it. The fans were great; the atmosphere was quite electric at times.”

“Franklin Dratton is all about scoring goals,” Coach Dalton Jones said, “It’s great for him. He’s a goal scorer and it’s been a good season for him. Most of the time he’s come on he’s scored, and has proven what a great goal scorer he is. It can’t get much better than Sunday.”

Ricky Charles put Grenada on the board first in the 18th minute. “It’s the trademark of Ricky Charles,” Jones said. “He’s a fantastic ball handler. It makes your job a lot easier when people are giving you that type of ammunition.” Midfielder Damion Cyrus made a diagonal run from left to right and cross the ball back to Jason Francois, who is a fantastic crosser of the ball, who ran onto it and chipped the charging Trinidadian goalkeeper, then 25 minutes after Ricky Charles’ quick restart – he took a shot to the head from Francois on the play that went to the corner to Maurice for a wide-open tally corner kick and a
    2-0 lead .Francois completed his mission in the 40th minute. The team did what they were supposed to do and got the well-deserved victory.

The Trinidadians pressed forward, but were unable to score as the Grenadians held their opponents at arm’s length.

The excitement ended when a Trinidadian fan ran onto the field and challenged a Grenadian player just before the game ended. The Trinidadian fans had felt the pressure throughout the game, and had lost confidence in their team. Each time Grenada scored, it seemed to have taken the life out of the Trinidadians.

In conclusion, the saying ‘every Trini have roots in Grenada’ might have to change because they just got uprooted. It's a game and we hope that theres no love lost.... Trini People we love you...

LGN
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by HoneyEmpress

By Helen Grenade

Grenada’s soccer team gave fans what they had hoped to see in their Caribbean Cup encounter on Sunday (June 26). The scene wasn’t quite Wembley Stadium, and the stakes weren’t a World Cup, but in an entertaining and electric 3 – 0 win over Trinidad, they gave a performance that was world class.

The local Spice Boyz took charge of the play from the beginning, wandering around midfield at will at the Jefferson High School field, soaking up the applause from a crowd of over 3,000 ardent soccer fans.

Ricky Charles scored the first goal, and Maurice set up the second goal in a passing performance that alternated between subtle and sublime. The Grenadian stars had struggled in their first appearance in Caribbean Cup this season against Dominica, but facing the Trinis on Sunday they were spectacular.

Goal keeper Alvin “Ziggy” Felix said, “It was exciting and entertaining, and that’s what people want to see. I enjoyed it. The fans were great; the atmosphere was quite electric at times.”

“Franklin Dratton is all about scoring goals,” Coach Dalton Jones said, “It’s great for him. He’s a goal scorer and it’s been a good season for him. Most of the time he’s come on he’s scored, and has proven what a great goal scorer he is. It can’t get much better than Sunday.”

Ricky Charles put Grenada on the board first in the 18th minute. “It’s the trademark of Ricky Charles,” Jones said. “He’s a fantastic ball handler. It makes your job a lot easier when people are giving you that type of ammunition.” Midfielder Damion Cyrus made a diagonal run from left to right and cross the ball back to Jason Francois, who is a fantastic crosser of the ball, who ran onto it and chipped the charging Trinidadian goalkeeper, then 25 minutes after Ricky Charles’ quick restart – he took a shot to the head from Francois on the play that went to the corner to Maurice for a wide-open tally corner kick and a
    2-0 lead .Francois completed his mission in the 40th minute. The team did what they were supposed to do and got the well-deserved victory.

The Trinidadians pressed forward, but were unable to score as the Grenadians held their opponents at arm’s length.

The excitement ended when a Trinidadian fan ran onto the field and challenged a Grenadian player just before the game ended. The Trinidadian fans had felt the pressure throughout the game, and had lost confidence in their team. Each time Grenada scored, it seemed to have taken the life out of the Trinidadians.

In conclusion, the saying ‘every Trini have roots in Grenada’ might have to change because they just got uprooted. It's a game and we hope that theres no love lost.... Trini People we love you...
    Its The Last Part! My Grandmother is the reverse! She Have Roots In Trinidad!

LGN
    Credits

I know we passionate about our sports but calm down I think hes had too much rivers rum!

Dawtah of the Sun Empressdududahlin's Avatar Empressdududahlin is offline
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by vassell junior

I know we passionate about our sports but calm down I think hes had too much rivers rum!

BWHAHAHA YOU SAID RIVERS!!! lol... Now I know you have Grenadian in YOU!!....

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by HoneyEmpress

By Helen Grenade

Almost dat whole article is ah lie. I was there that day. First of all there was not 3,000 fans.Secondly de fight was not started by ah fan. It started with ah trini player was being tackled by two grenadians players, it was taking ah long time fah de ball to be taken over,which caused ah little push and tug. Players on bout team began to fight each other, which could'nt be broken up.De fight gotten worst and fan's climb over de fence and participate. NOBODY won b/c de game did not come to ah close.De players got to outa hand which cause de refree to call de game off. Both teams was wrong 4 indulging in de fight,even doh ah know players on de trini team. it was'nt dat serious, it coulda been prevented. I got my money worth.

Registered User small_island_descent's Avatar small_island_descent is offline
    Credits
    Was this match in Grenada ?

Wherever it was, I can't believe how much dreds they have there. And then, anytime I go to the caribbean, people tell me how I must cut my hair because any man with longer hair sticks out like a sore thumb. What de frig.

Registered User small_island_descent's Avatar small_island_descent is offline
    Credits
    Is it just me or does it look like the guy in the green is about to DEMOLISH the guy in red. Normally, ain't u suppose to run from big mans like that.