Thread: A Great Week to be a Racist

Credits

A Great Week to be a Racist

WASHINGTON - A federal judge has overturned a ruling revoking the Washington Redskins (news) trademark, finding there was insufficient evidence to conclude that the name is disparaging to American Indians.

PHILADELPHIA - Rush Limbaugh, new analyst for ESPN on Sunday mornings, said this past Sunday that Philadelphia's Donovan McNabb isn't as good as he's made out to be, overrated by the media because they so desperately want to see a black quarterback succeed. "I think what we've had here is a little social concern in the NFL. I think the media has been very desirous that a black quarterback do well. They're interested in black coaches and black quarterbacks doing well; I think there is a little hope invested in McNabb, and he got a lot of credit for the performance of his team that he really didn't deserve. The defense carried this team..." (Never mind the fact that McNabb's stats far exceed celebrated QBs like Brett Favre and John Elway in their early years.)

Co-analysts Tom Jackson and Michael Irvin (among others) did not call him up on his race-baiting, and ESPN has officially said they believe his comments had no racial bias.

Racists everywhere, rejoice, it's been a great half-week so far.

Credits
    Black quarterbacks never get the credit that they deserve. Even when they outplay their white counterparts, black quarterbacks are judged differently. Rush Limbaugh makes his money by saying things that people don't always like so I don't pay much attention to what he says.
    As far as the Native American Indian thing goes, I think that if there were more of them still around to voice their opinion sports teams like the Braves, Redskins, Indians and so on would never be able to get away with using those names. It is truly offensive to use names like that. Listen to Atl. Braves fans with that foolish tomahawk chop during the playoff games. I would be offended if I were a Native American Indian.