Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Good Ole Church Music

  1. #1
    Banned Big Pimpin is offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    pon de gully side
    Posts
    0
    Credits
    1,517,533

    Thumbs up Good Ole Church Music


  2. #2
    Earth Angel dollbabi's Avatar dollbabi is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    Music City
    Posts
    36,627
    Credits
    74,804,093
    Yea, d black churches love dem tings, very cultural fuh dem.

  3. #3
    Banned Big Pimpin is offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    pon de gully side
    Posts
    0
    Credits
    1,517,533
    so dats how ya'll protestants boogie down

  4. #4
    Earth Angel dollbabi's Avatar dollbabi is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    Music City
    Posts
    36,627
    Credits
    74,804,093
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Pimpin View Post
    so dats how ya'll protestants boogie down
    Uh no...that's found in the traditional "black church," which means certain Baptist, Pentecostal, AME etc. in the U.S.

  5. #5
    Banned Big Pimpin is offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    pon de gully side
    Posts
    0
    Credits
    1,517,533
    u aint worship like dat?

  6. #6
    Earth Angel dollbabi's Avatar dollbabi is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    Music City
    Posts
    36,627
    Credits
    74,804,093
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Pimpin View Post
    u aint worship like dat?
    No. Seventh-Day Adventism is significantly different. It is not a considered a traditional "black church."

    Haven't been to other services in other Christian branches have you?

  7. #7
    Banned Big Pimpin is offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    pon de gully side
    Posts
    0
    Credits
    1,517,533
    yeh, only ones like de one i posted doh. ppl falling down on de floor and shit, jumpin around

  8. #8
    Earth Angel dollbabi's Avatar dollbabi is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    Music City
    Posts
    36,627
    Credits
    74,804,093
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Pimpin View Post
    yeh, only ones like de one i posted doh. ppl falling down on de floor and shit, jumpin around
    Then you really haven't seen the differences. My branch doesn't believe in that. Quite a few other branches do not either.

  9. #9
    Banned Big Pimpin is offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    pon de gully side
    Posts
    0
    Credits
    1,517,533
    ya'll sound quite sophisticated

  10. #10
    Earth Angel dollbabi's Avatar dollbabi is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    Music City
    Posts
    36,627
    Credits
    74,804,093
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Pimpin View Post
    ya'll sound quite sophisticated
    It's not an issue of sophistication, but rather differences in beliefs, cultures etc. that influence the conduct and structure in worship services. Even churches in the same branch can differ a bit in worship style based on country, region etc.

  11. #11
    Banned Big Pimpin is offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    pon de gully side
    Posts
    0
    Credits
    1,517,533
    Quote Originally Posted by dollbabi View Post
    It's not an issue of sophistication, but rather differences in beliefs, cultures etc. that influence the conduct and structure in worship services. Even churches in the same branch can differ a bit in worship style based on country, region etc.
    u know what i love bout catholic church, i can go anywhey in da world and understand da mass. its da same order of events, same gospel, readings, only ting dat varies is da homily and some parts of da music selection. when da mass use 2 be in latin it use 2 be even better..

  12. #12
    Earth Angel dollbabi's Avatar dollbabi is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    Music City
    Posts
    36,627
    Credits
    74,804,093
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Pimpin View Post
    u know what i love bout catholic church, i can go anywhey in da world and understand da mass. its da same order of events, same gospel, readings, only ting dat varies is da homily and some parts of da music selection.
    That's what I mean...music selections may differ and certain styles. It's quite similar for other branches such as Jehovah's Witnesses, SDAs, Ethiopian Orthodox etc.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •