Thread: Glen Jackson Update

Credits

Glen Jackson Update

Tue May 2, 2006
    Man charged with St. Vincent’s former press secretary’s murder denied bail

A man who has been charged with the murder of Glen Jackson, the press secretary of Prime Minister Dr. Ralph Gonsalves of St. Vincent and the Grenadines, was remanded when he appeared in court Tuesday morning.
    Twenty-three year old Francis Williams will reappear in court on July 24 for the start of the preliminary inquiry into the murder of Mr. Jackson, whose nude body was found in the back seat of his car near his home.

Police said he had been killed by a single bullet to the torso.

But even as Mr. Williams appeared in court, a large crowd gathered outside the building shouting "Wrong man, wrong man", stating that Mr. Williams was not the person who committed the murder.

He was charged after local detectives together with their counterparts from Britain's Scotland Yard conducted searches at two houses at Sion Hill, half a mile from the capital, Kingstown, last Wednesday.

Police said that despite the arrest, the investigations would continue.

The authorities have offered a reward of over US $37,000 for information leading to the conviction of Mr. Jackson's killer or killers.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by VINCYPOWA
    Tue May 2, 2006
    Man charged with St. Vincent’s former press secretary’s murder denied bail

A man who has been charged with the murder of Glen Jackson, the press secretary of Prime Minister Dr. Ralph Gonsalves of St. Vincent and the Grenadines, was remanded when he appeared in court Tuesday morning.
    Twenty-three year old Francis Williams will reappear in court on July 24 for the start of the preliminary inquiry into the murder of Mr. Jackson, whose nude body was found in the back seat of his car near his home.

Police said he had been killed by a single bullet to the torso.

But even as Mr. Williams appeared in court, a large crowd gathered outside the building shouting "Wrong man, wrong man", stating that Mr. Williams was not the person who committed the murder.

He was charged after local detectives together with their counterparts from Britain's Scotland Yard conducted searches at two houses at Sion Hill, half a mile from the capital, Kingstown, last Wednesday.

Police said that despite the arrest, the investigations would continue.

The authorities have offered a reward of over US $37,000 for information leading to the conviction of Mr. Jackson's killer or killers.
    Hmph....

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by SpArkLe
    Hmph....
    I KNOW there is SOMETHING on your MIND, so LET'S have it.

PTM
    Credits
    Dats all ah hearing, "Wrong man, wrong man".

My question is, what evidence dey have to point to dis likkle man?

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by p'tanimas

HIGHLY like to be his PHONE CONVERSATION...but it is OBVIOUS that there is more than one person involved in Glen's MURDER, because that FELLA is tooo TINY/SMALL to kill Glen then WASH off his lifeless body and put it back in the car.

Credits
    nah i goh keep my mouth shut b4 de Barracutas start attack

but all i have to say is 'Poor Yellow'

PTM
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by SpArkLe
    nah i goh keep my mouth shut b4 de Barracutas start attack

but all i have to say is 'Poor Yellow'
    Is that the nickname of the accused?

Credits
    Is that the nickname of the accused?

Credits

i wrote it and erased it...but let's just say that tests were allegedly done

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinjer
    i wrote it and erased it...but let's just say that tests were allegedly done
    Gyelll, whey YUH ERASED de TING fah???

Credits
    YOUTH TO ANSWER FOR GLENN JACKSON’S MURDER

MURDER ACCUSED Francis “Yellow' or 'Prickle' Williams of Sion Hill raises his Bible on his way to the Serious Offences Court in Kingstown. He is charged with the murder of Glenn Jackson, former press secretary to Prime Minister Dr. Ralph Gonsalves.

Kirby Jackson 05.MAY.06

Francis Williams, 23, of Sion Hill has been charged with the murder of the Prime Minister's press secretary and personal aide, Glenn Ian Jackson. The former student of a Kingstown Secondary school also known as 'Yellow" or "Prickle" appeared last Tuesday before Chief Magistrate Simone Churaman. He was not called upon to plea because the offence is an indictable one. He was remanded in custody until Monday, July 24, the date for the Preliminary Inquiry into the matter.

A large, vociferous crowd mixed with an expected strong police presence, began swarming outside the Serious Offences Court from around 9 a.m. When the diminutive accused appeared around midday there was a chorus of shock and general disbelief among the crowd who could not match his boyish, slight stature with the gruesome March 5 incident. "That little boy could kill anybody?" asked an obviously perplexed woman.

Jackson's lifeless body was discovered in the back seat of his vehicle at Cane Garden on Monday, March 6, with a gunshot wound which penetrated his sternum area and exited his back.

Police sources are expressing confidence in their case and are sure that they have got their man. But those close to the accused are convinced that Williams will be found not guilty when all is heard.

Williams grew up with his aunt along with his brother and sister in Sion Hill after his mother migrated to North America. He is described as a jovial young man ever since his school days. "He will always dress up and perform in school events and things like that," stated a relative who is still in a state of disbelief.

Williams, a participant in the Government's YES (Youth Empowerment Service) programme, attached to the Ministry of Health, emerged from the police transport with a light blue Bible held high and a confident smile.

After the court appearance, Senior Counsel for the defence Kay Bacchus-Browne accompanied by Junior Counsel Grant Connell was glowing with confidence: "I haven't gotten all the details but I have enough of the case to know that we are confident." Bacchus-Browne said that there is no doubt that the police "have the wrong person".

Crown Counsel Saboto Caesar is presenting the State's case. He was tailed quite closely by a uniformed Special Services Unit (SSU) officer for the duration of the morning's proceedings.

At the time of his arrest Williams was living with his girlfriend and her mother at their Sion Hill residence. This same house was raided by police assisted by Scotland Yard detectives Wednesday, April 26. Just a day before this raid Prime Minister Dr. Ralph Gonsalves announced that he was assured by the police that they were close to making an arrest on the matter.

The government had also offered a $100,000 reward for information that led to the arrest, charge and conviction of the person or persons responsible for Jackson's death.

Shortly after Williams’ court appearance his cousin, Sandell Williams, was picked up by police in the vicinity of the court. After a short but verbal outburst directed at the police, Sandell was whisked away to Criminal Investigation Department (CID) headquarters for questioning on certain aspects of the investigation.

Credits
    lawd that lil fellah they look like he struggling even with the bible...

Satisfaction Facilitator Terryfabulous's Avatar Terryfabulous is offline
    Credits
    don't tell me they can really think this was a one man job..man...

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by VINCYPOWA
    YOUTH TO ANSWER FOR GLENN JACKSON’S MURDER

MURDER ACCUSED Francis “Yellow' or 'Prickle' Williams of Sion Hill raises his Bible on his way to the Serious Offences Court in Kingstown. He is charged with the murder of Glenn Jackson, former press secretary to Prime Minister Dr. Ralph Gonsalves.

Kirby Jackson 05.MAY.06

Francis Williams, 23, of Sion Hill has been charged with the murder of the Prime Minister's press secretary and personal aide, Glenn Ian Jackson. The former student of a Kingstown Secondary school also known as 'Yellow" or "Prickle" appeared last Tuesday before Chief Magistrate Simone Churaman. He was not called upon to plea because the offence is an indictable one. He was remanded in custody until Monday, July 24, the date for the Preliminary Inquiry into the matter.

A large, vociferous crowd mixed with an expected strong police presence, began swarming outside the Serious Offences Court from around 9 a.m. When the diminutive accused appeared around midday there was a chorus of shock and general disbelief among the crowd who could not match his boyish, slight stature with the gruesome March 5 incident. "That little boy could kill anybody?" asked an obviously perplexed woman.

Jackson's lifeless body was discovered in the back seat of his vehicle at Cane Garden on Monday, March 6, with a gunshot wound which penetrated his sternum area and exited his back.

Police sources are expressing confidence in their case and are sure that they have got their man. But those close to the accused are convinced that Williams will be found not guilty when all is heard.

Williams grew up with his aunt along with his brother and sister in Sion Hill after his mother migrated to North America. He is described as a jovial young man ever since his school days. "He will always dress up and perform in school events and things like that," stated a relative who is still in a state of disbelief.

Williams, a participant in the Government's YES (Youth Empowerment Service) programme, attached to the Ministry of Health, emerged from the police transport with a light blue Bible held high and a confident smile.

After the court appearance, Senior Counsel for the defence Kay Bacchus-Browne accompanied by Junior Counsel Grant Connell was glowing with confidence: "I haven't gotten all the details but I have enough of the case to know that we are confident." Bacchus-Browne said that there is no doubt that the police "have the wrong person".

Crown Counsel Saboto Caesar is presenting the State's case. He was tailed quite closely by a uniformed Special Services Unit (SSU) officer for the duration of the morning's proceedings.

At the time of his arrest Williams was living with his girlfriend and her mother at their Sion Hill residence. This same house was raided by police assisted by Scotland Yard detectives Wednesday, April 26. Just a day before this raid Prime Minister Dr. Ralph Gonsalves announced that he was assured by the police that they were close to making an arrest on the matter.

The government had also offered a $100,000 reward for information that led to the arrest, charge and conviction of the person or persons responsible for Jackson's death.

Shortly after Williams’ court appearance his cousin, Sandell Williams, was picked up by police in the vicinity of the court. After a short but verbal outburst directed at the police, Sandell was whisked away to Criminal Investigation Department (CID) headquarters for questioning on certain aspects of the investigation.
    damn yo i cant believe this i grew up/half of my life pitching marbles and picking damsels with these people.

and that pic of Yellow holding up the bible, I knew he would do something like that, always confident and always with a smile on his face, even in down time he will make u laugh.

Well whether or not its the right person all I can do is Pray, but i know one thing for sure, if Yellow was involved, he wasnt alone, looking at him u will think he's 16yrs old, now unless he Bionic man or something theres no way he carried out dat task by hiself.

Mommy Dearest **Vincy-Soca-Diva**'s Avatar **Vincy-Soca-Diva** is offline
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Terryfabulous
    don't tell me they can really think this was a one man job..man...
    I agree I feel it's a cover up.
    Link me on fassbook http://www.facebook.com/#!/SocaDivaChandelle
    2 Sweet 2 B 4Gotten:)