Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gas Prices Again

Credits

Gas Prices Again

Got this in an email this morning...seems interesting to me, but would only really be effective if everybody across the country actually decides to do this.

Fed up with the outrageous price of gasoline? Want to send a message to the oil companies that are hurting America's working families?

All it will take is ONE DAY when NO ONE BUYS ANY GASOLINE! Friday, September 9 will be the day. Fill up your tank before or after that day, but don't buy any gasoline on 9-9!

Join this grassroots effort by marking your calendar and passing this message on to everyone in your address book ~ let's try to get it across the country by Sept. 9. We need everyone's help!

The only way to get our point across is to hit the oil companies
    where it hurts - in their pocketbooks. (They sure are hurting ours.) It is increasingly difficult for working families to find jobs with decent wages, and if they do, they won't be able to afford the gas to get to them!

For one glorious day let's put the consumer back in the driver's seat and send a message that Americans are fed up with skyrocketing gasoline prices and we want something done about it!

This started in Central Ohio ~~~ let's see if we can make a
    difference. Thank you!!

this time next year gas is expected to be at least $5.00 per gallon!

sharkie
    it wouldn't work.

but i really reconsidering gettin a hooptie fuh mihself, cuz half mih money will be goin to gas and de nex half to rahtid insurance

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Socaboy
    Got this in an email this morning...seems interesting to me, but would only really be effective if everybody across the country actually decides to do this.

Fed up with the outrageous price of gasoline? Want to send a message to the oil companies that are hurting America's working families?

All it will take is ONE DAY when NO ONE BUYS ANY GASOLINE! Friday, September 9 will be the day. Fill up your tank before or after that day, but don't buy any gasoline on 9-9!

Join this grassroots effort by marking your calendar and passing this message on to everyone in your address book ~ let's try to get it across the country by Sept. 9. We need everyone's help!

The only way to get our point across is to hit the oil companies
    where it hurts - in their pocketbooks. (They sure are hurting ours.) It is increasingly difficult for working families to find jobs with decent wages, and if they do, they won't be able to afford the gas to get to them!

For one glorious day let's put the consumer back in the driver's seat and send a message that Americans are fed up with skyrocketing gasoline prices and we want something done about it!

difference. Thank you!!

Not to discourage anyone who wants to support this but can it really work when there are many other things that gas is used for that will not be halted? Also, I can't see how a drop in demand for one day will cause the oil companies to do anything. You will still need to buy gas the next day wouldn't you?

Credits
    yea dis same email went around about 2 years ago and it didn't work den.....we have no choice...average price in Miami right now is $2.65...mi nearly dead the other day when i had to buy at $2.79 cause every single pump for 87 was dry or so dem did say anyway...steups i vex...i was on empty so i couldn't even try to go to another gas station

Credits

difference. Thank you!!

It wont happen until crude oil reached in excess of 90 dollars a barrel. Once it reaches that.. Watch out!

Right now its still in the early sixties, come wintertime if we have a cold one i can see prices hittin the mid threes maybe even four dollars before the 2006 labor day season...

correction..

Read Here

It just may happen

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by sharkbait
    it wouldn't work.

but i really reconsidering gettin a hooptie fuh mihself, cuz half mih money will be goin to gas and de nex half to rahtid insurance
    You know it!!!

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by trinidarkie
    Not to discourage anyone who wants to support this but can it really work when there are many other things that gas is used for that will not be halted? Also, I can't see how a drop in demand for one day will cause the oil companies to do anything. You will still need to buy gas the next day wouldn't you?
    Well the whole thing here is numbers. Millions of people buy gas everyday so if for that one day, millions don't buy any, then it would cause a huge disruption in their consistent revenue. It would be noticed, but only if enough people do it. Granted for them to really take notice is if people stop driving altogether, but we know that ain't happening.

sharkie
    Well the whole thing here is numbers. Millions of people buy gas everyday so if for that one day, millions don't buy any, then it would cause a huge disruption in their consistent revenue. It would be noticed, but only if enough people do it. Granted for them to really take notice is if people stop driving altogether, but we know that ain't happening.
    sho as hell won't!

i still waitin to see if public transport (esp out here in de burbs) would pick up. cuz i sho as hell doh mind takin de bus, but when it comin once an hour....steupsssss.

Credits

People, we DO have a choice.

This aprticular option is like dropping a dime in the middle of a lake to see how far the ripple will go. People who don't get gas on that day will either gass the day before or the day after, leaving no true affect.

you need to let your elected officals know that these gas prices are pissing you off!! The US government sits on a oil resereve that is MASSIVE!! If that oil was allowed to be given strictly for gas, we could easily shield the money we pay at the pump unitl price go down in the cooler months of the year.

the people have the power. they just don't know it.

sharkie
    Quote Originally Posted by kevlocks
    This aprticular option is like dropping a dime in the middle of a lake to see how far the ripple will go. People who don't get gas on that day will either gass the day before or the day after, leaving no true affect.

you need to let your elected officals know that these gas prices are pissing you off!! The US government sits on a oil resereve that is MASSIVE!! If that oil was allowed to be given strictly for gas, we could easily shield the money we pay at the pump unitl price go down in the cooler months of the year.

yuh talkin bout de one in alaska somewhey?

i really won't dive into dat if i was de government, cuz we all know once de oil done...it done. de only way i woulda use dat oil is if de ppl and dem who givin we oil now at dese ridiculous prices decide dat dey not sellin to we backside at all.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by kevlocks

The US Government, specially those at the very top are making more money then they've ever seen in their life because of these prices, I doubt they'll be in ah hurry to listen to anybody. We all know they can bring the price down anytime they want to, but it wouldn't be in their best interest.

Credits
    My point is that the demand for a day is not going to affect their prices just so because is not like ppl don't need to buy gas the next day and the day after that. If if they have one bad day and lose billions, they going to make back the billions the next day because guess what our tank in our car will still be dropping. We still need it so they could still raise the prices and much as they want.

What ppl need to do is try to encourage George Bush to get his friends in Texas to increase their supply to the US market instead of blaming everything on OPEC.

Credits
    yuh talkin bout de one in alaska somewhey?

i really won't dive into dat if i was de government, cuz we all know once de oil done...it done. de only way i woulda use dat oil is if de ppl and dem who givin we oil now at dese ridiculous prices decide dat dey not sellin to we backside at all.
    There's enough oil in the US reserve to support this country's needs for at least 30 years...that's more then enough time to come up with an alternative if necessary, other countries already have.

sharkie
    There's enough oil in the US reserve to support this country's needs for at least 30 years...that's more then enough time to come up with an alternative if necessary, other countries already have.
    30 years??

i know in 30 years, ah know you will be close to 100....but i go still be young

Credits
    30 years??

i know in 30 years, ah know you will be close to 100....but i go still be young
    in 30 years yuh ass goh be old as shite too so doh even try it!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast