Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By DSP
  • 1 Post By Val3nie2debone
  • 1 Post By Hello BKLYN

Thread: Friendships, and questioning your friendships..

Credits

Friendships, and questioning your friendships..

What causes you to question your friendships... or even just cut them off

Like say a friend who has faults that affects you in an adverse sort of way... would you call that friendship into question or would you say "oh, i just know its certain situations not to be in with that person but i will still be their friend"

Like for example, you have a friend, you go out drinking or something like that.. this person dont know how to act and that persons actions puts in some kind of trouble... would you say oh, i just know not to do anything social or anything like that with such an such person cause he gets real offensive.. or would you be like "oh, this person really isnt my friend..

Or say when it comes to money or something like that, your friend is a user or takes advantage.. would you say, i just know when it comes to certain things like money or stuff like that, i will just keep that person at bay, or will you just cut the person off and be like such and such is just a user, not a real friend...
    Last edited by Hello BKLYN; 03-29-2012 at 11:15 AM.
    the healthy man does not torture others - generally it is the tortured who turn into torturers.

Carl G. Jung

DSP
    Credits
    If I get a feeling of depression, negative energy, or feel drained then I distance myself or cut myself out of their life. Most anything else I try to keep the friendship.
    sharkie likes this.

Black Madonna
    It' becomes a matter of how much value they add vs what they take away. If it's more trouble than it's worth... than It's time to move on. I feel no guilt in outgrowing people. relationships are supposed to be mutual. not one sided

Credits
    over the past year i've locked off a lot of people i considered friends in my life, some being cousins too. What i have a huge problem with is two faced people. They will skin and grin in your face and behind your back talking you like a dog. I don't need that in my life. One friend in particular, she was always straight up with me about everything, my issue with her is she entertained my ex in convo and gave him ammunition to come throw shit in my face. I didn't rate that.

I learn the hard way that I don't need friends in my life. There are probably two people I consider great friends and we talk about everything, think I'll leave it at that. My days for being friendly and making "friends" easy are over, especially family members. Sometimes they do you worst than a stranger, or maybe the betrayal hurts more because it's your blood.
    ladyrastafari likes this.
    "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us."

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Val3nie2debone View Post
    over the past year i've locked off a lot of people i considered friends in my life, some being cousins too. What i have a huge problem with is two faced people. They will skin and grin in your face and behind your back talking you like a dog. I don't need that in my life. One friend in particular, she was always straight up with me about everything, my issue with her is she entertained my ex in convo and gave him ammunition to come throw shit in my face. I didn't rate that.

I learn the hard way that I don't need friends in my life. There are probably two people I consider great friends and we talk about everything, think I'll leave it at that. My days for being friendly and making "friends" easy are over, especially family members. Sometimes they do you worst than a stranger, or maybe the betrayal hurts more because it's your blood.
    I know exactly what you mean about cutting off family members... i cut off a cousin... I figured its better for my mental health i not hang around him... other family members call me stupid for being like that, but i know its best for me to distance myself from him...
    ladyrastafari likes this.
    the healthy man does not torture others - generally it is the tortured who turn into torturers.

Carl G. Jung

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Hello BKLYN View Post
    I know exactly what you mean about cutting off family members... i cut off a cousin... I figured its better for my mental health i not hang around him... other family members call me stupid for being like that, but i know its best for me to distance myself from him...
    yep! my mom tell me I always quick to lock off people but i ain't cater. I'm a great friend to anyone who befriends me and I expect the same from them. If they can't I rather not have them in my life. I could go on and on with this lol but I'll just get mad and depressed
    "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us."

Credits
    It's always nice to have friends...

always remember though that people are not always what we expect of them...

Credits
    amen to this.. that person i talked about the other day who made the hair comment is a cousin.. and let me tell you... i keep everybody at bay now

i question friendships when they're one sided and the other person always has an excuse.. i keep in touch with my friends.. even if we both busy and i aint see you in umpteen years i will send a lil msg hey whats goin on... whenever you respond thats on you.. but there are friends who act like you need their friendship and you're like?? mofo please, those are the ones you outgrow.. i rarely cut people all the way off unless they do some real grimy shit that i cant get down with... i just keep them at bay.. when i see you i see you.. i have a few good friends that i can talk to about every and anything but hell, let's face it even them could get on your nerves at times. u just have to know if the annoyance is temporary as a one time thing or if its consistent.. if its consistent.. just downgrade them to an acquaintance... i always tell people, no matter how good you know me.. if you don't know my middle name, you don't really know me.. lol..

sorry to tear this page out of my .. perfect life.. lol. smh
    Never waste your time trying to explain who you are to people who are committed to misunderstanding you.

Velvet Glove. Iron Fist

mi style still sharp .....u a A-Minor and dem a B-Flat

Credits
    If this man or woman is really my friend I will know how to approach them to post my problem with certain aspects of our friendship. Keep in mind not every friend you can have this type of discussion bluntly or directly. You may have to slip these type of friendship concerns subliminally over dinner or enjoying music on our way back home.

Now it depends on how they react or what was their response after letting them know, will determine if i should keep that person as my friend.