Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Foxy Brown On Hot 97

Credits

Foxy Brown On Hot 97

Last night Foxy Brown was filling in for Funk Master Flex.

After her spot was up--she was talking to the person that took over (sorry I did not get his name) and he was saying the last time he filled in for Flex, there was so much complaints that he played too much Reggae.

So Foxy told him what you need to play is some SOCA--big up to my Trini people--RED, WHITE AND BLACK.

What upset me was the man let out one big laugh--like SOCA was so unheard of.

Maybe it's just me, but I can't understand why they act like SOCA is some "omen", but let it be LABOR DAY or some FETE and they see BAMSEE ROLLING--them is the first one to try and wine behind you?????????

MrBlackRock
    Correction.. i gine be de first to wine behind u

Credits
    Why lately as Foxy Brown is not so hot anymore and record sales have fallen, she's suddenly representing TRINI. Before when she was hot on the charts I've never heard her mention anything about Trinidad.
    Last edited by Dougla Ting; 12-18-2002 at 10:26 AM.

D'Only1
    they only recognize it when it is resung by the infamous Bahamen or somebdody else.

guest1
    That is so true i did not even know she was trini. Why de a$$ she don't promote soca every where she go.

Originally posted by Dougla_Ting
    Why lately as Foxy Brown is not so hot anymore and record sales have fallen, she's suddenly represenging TRINI. Before when she was hot on the charts I've never heard her mention anything about Trinidad.

Credits
    Mr. Black rock--yah ain't easy atall!!!!!!!

Credits
    VERY GOOD POINT--DOUGLA THING

Credits
    all of last year, she was talking about she's trini, wore her trini pendant, she was at brass in the museum (bk), in toronto, she even had a big trini flag with her...but her album was clearly bigging up reggae. i don't understand. maybe she's finally bigging up soca. she needs to do a duet with a soca artist or something. even lil kim had a soca song! "no matter what people say, we got it going on!" lol

Credits
    Its only because her man has a place to represent from and he show how proud he is of his country. She want to jump on de band wagon.

Credits
    Originally posted by montREALady
    all of last year, she was talking about she's trini, wore her trini pendant, she was at brass in the museum (bk), in toronto, she even had a big trini flag with her...but her album was clearly bigging up reggae. i don't understand. maybe she's finally bigging up soca. she needs to do a duet with a soca artist or something. even lil kim had a soca song! "no matter what people say, we got it going on!" lol
    I remember even seeing her at Brass in Hoopland a couple years ago (when she had already fallen off). But when she was HOT she wasn't in nutting Trini.

guest1
    Doesn't she have a soca song with alison hinds(don't know if i spell it right)

Originally posted by montREALady

Credits
    Originally posted by Madam Hot Up Trini
    oh hoh, ah tink so. ah fuhget bout dat, ah muzbe only hear it a couple times!

amprincess
    Originally posted by Madam Hot Up Trini
    you call that soca????? sounded more like r&b to me :

Sugar Apple
    Ummmmmmm correction (apologize right now Ms. Julie Mango for starting this backlash)

But Foxy Brown has always mentioned that she is of Trinidadian descent, seeing that her mother is the actual Trini. In every publication that she has been interviewed in she states that fact. I just think Foxy wants to rep Brooklyn before anything else. In aggreeance with Sokah, now that she is with my man , she probably has found it necessary to claim her island roots as well so people know that her child will be of Jamaican and Trinidadian lineage. In her own words: about how nice she chile will be

Credits
    Originally posted by Sugar Apple
    Ummmmmmm correction (apologize right now Ms. Julie Mango for starting this backlash)

But Foxy Brown has always mentioned that she is of Trinidadian descent, seeing that her mother is the actual Trini. In every publication that she has been interviewed in she states that fact. I just think Foxy wants to rep Brooklyn before anything else. In aggreeance with Sokah, now that she is with my man , she probably has found it necessary to claim her island roots as well so people know that her child will be of Jamaican and Trinidadian lineage. In her own words: about how nice she chile will be
    I've read articles before that stated that her mother was from Trinidad. BUT.... Foxy herself has never represented Trinidad in the way that she does now. Why does it take having a Jamaican man for her to want to "claim her island roots" as you say?

As for that article, and Foxy claiming that she's always had big breasts.... I've seen Foxy in person in Gloria's already and ain't no part of Foxy "BIG". All dem pics ain't nothing but some good push up bra and bikini tops.
    Last edited by Dougla Ting; 12-18-2002 at 10:52 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast