Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ford makes history...

Credits

Ford makes history...

First 300HP production car with over 30mpg..

The Ford Story: The Most Fuel-efficient Mustang Ever

The 2011 Mustang V6 is going where no Mustang has gone before. Not only is it the most fuel-efficient Mustang ever, but it’s also the first production car in history to produce more than 300 horsepower and more than 30 mpg highway.

The Mustang’s official EPA ratings certify that models equipped with the 305-hp 3.7-liter V6 and available six-speed automatic transmission achieve and estimated 31 mpg on the highway and 19 mpg in the city. The standard six-speed manual transmission is rated at 30 mpg on the highway and 19 mpg in the city.

“The Mustang engineering team aimed high and, through hard work, achieved fuel economy numbers that elevate Mustang into a class by itself,” said Derrick Kuzak, Ford Group Vice President, Global Product Development. “At no other time in Mustang’s history – for that matter, in automotive history – have we been able to talk about 305 horsepower and 31 miles per gallon. The Mustang truly is a no-compromises sports car,” said Kuzak.

Mustang is powered by a lightweight, all-aluminum 3.7-liter dual-overhead-cam (DOHC) V6 engine that uses advanced engineering to deliver its combination of power and economy. Twin Independent Variable Camshaft Timing (Ti-VCT) adjusts the valvetrain in microseconds depending on driver inputs, further contributing to the engine’s overall efficiency.

The fact that Mustang achieves its top fuel economy rating with the convenience of an automatic transmission also marks a shift in conventional wisdom. Ford engineered a modern six-speed automatic transmission with carefully calibrated gear ratios and shift programs to maximize economy, while still delivering high-horsepower driving fun.

In addition to engine improvements, upgrades to Mustang’s body, powertrain and chassis design contribute to the higher fuel economy numbers for 2011. Examples include:

* New Electric Power Assist Steering (EPAS) system eliminates the drag of an engine-operated hydraulic power steering pump
    * Six-speed manual and automatic transmissions allow lower cruising revs without sacrificing off-the-line performance
    * Aerodynamic changes include improvements like a new front fascia, tire spats on the rear wheels, modified underbody shields, a taller air dam and an added rear decklid seal

The new 2011 Mustang already has more than 11,000 orders. Half of all the nationwide orders are for the car’s fuel-efficient 3.7-liter V6 engine. The 2011 Mustangs are also being equipped with record levels of technology, giving customers the option of choosing navigation, high-intensity discharge (HID) headlamps and rearview cameras.

The new 2011 Mustang goes on sale in the spring of 2010 and will be built at the AutoAlliance International Plant in Flat Rock, Michigan.

Credits
    Good news for when it comes to the Camaro!! Nice find stang man!!
    Are you gonna upgrade ?!

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by PJK View Post
    Good news for when it comes to the Camaro!! Nice find stang man!!
    Are you gonna upgrade ?!
    Not yet. Keeping the current one and waiting 2 year for them to get all the kinks out of the new 5.0.

Credits
    I saw a recent publication of I think Henessy putting a Zr1 engine into a Camaro body.. I instantly got the shivers..

And I am in the same boat. I have the need for speed but I refuse to build another import and cant sleep good at night because its parked outside. Neither will I buy an overpriced Toyota or Nissan when you have midsized buicks coming in with the same horsepower and options. So I am waiting on the very next breakthrough in speed or efficiency. Glad to see FORD is leading the way..

Credits
    meh!
    Dragon IG :: http://instagram.com/islandmixusa

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Ingram_Gordon View Post
    meh!
    The turtle and the hare!! Good story you should get up on it!! :

Credits
    i thought about ford this morning... remembering a classic.. the Ford Cortina..

another one..
    probably still being driven down in claxton bay lol..
    Never waste your time trying to explain who you are to people who are committed to misunderstanding you.

Velvet Glove. Iron Fist

mi style still sharp .....u a A-Minor and dem a B-Flat

Credits
    The turtle and the hare!! Good story you should get up on it!! :

Dragon IG :: http://instagram.com/islandmixusa

Credits
    I saw a recent publication of I think Henessy putting a Zr1 engine into a Camaro body.. I instantly got the shivers..

And I am in the same boat. I have the need for speed but I refuse to build another import and cant sleep good at night because its parked outside. Neither will I buy an overpriced Toyota or Nissan when you have midsized buicks coming in with the same horsepower and options. So I am waiting on the very next breakthrough in speed or efficiency. Glad to see FORD is leading the way..
    I hear you on that one. I was impressed with the new Taurus SHO. Ford has learned a lot and the latest CEO is on board. Hopefully it will translate into some sales.

The new Coyote engine has a really high compression ratio (11:1) so I want to see what the aftermarket does (even though that compression ratio is great for nitrous). I also hope Ford puts the Electric Power Assist Steering on the GT as well. Hydraulic power steering sucks at the track. If you see how many guys swap to shorter belts before running.

Credits
    Ford is really kicking butt these days (up 40%+ in sales)....and they remain the best builder of trucks. If i had spare money I would buy the stock.

Credits
    the 2010 ford taurus is not to badd...

but ill go wil dodge over ford any day, ford don't have any vehicle that can stand up to the dodge charger

Mad Scorpion
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantastic - Nick View Post
    the 2010 ford taurus is not to badd...

but ill go wil dodge over ford any day, ford don't have any vehicle that can stand up to the dodge charger
    Charger is ah shit car guy!!

Credits
    lol And we're off!!

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Ingram_Gordon View Post
    Whats the use in speed if it only lasts for a few miles.. Give me gallons over glory for the future!! If it comes with high hp after then then i dont mind..

Credits
    what suv ford have that can stand up to the dodge ram..??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast