Thread: "Footsteps" has passed away

Credits

"Footsteps" has passed away

Sad news Islandmix. Wayne Rodriguez, the Trinidad singer who won Road March with "Footsteps" when he was a member of Xtatik has passed away.

It is reported that he took his life by hanging sometime last night/this morning.

The TNT entertainment industry is in mourning and the radio stations are playing tributes of Wayne's music, Xtatik's music and past Road Marches. It is very sad...

Goodbye Wayne..."stamp it harder, make footsteps in heaven..."

Musicmad

Credits

RE: "Footsteps" has passed away

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Sep-08-01 AT 11:42 AM (EST)[/font][p]oh my gosh...I can't believe dat news. :-( It is very disheartneing when we see our people cannot seem to deal with the world anymore and decide to take their own life. He will be greatly missed because despite footsteps...de man could sing good kaiso. Many might not remember songs like "Set My Music Free","Calypso Nice",and even his pan tune this year.
    He will be missed...

Rest in peace Wayne and I hope you find the peacefulness and happiness you were looking for here....

Carnivalbaby

Credits

It is hard for me to beleive. Can u support this with a newspaper article or sumthing. Please

...concrete jungle where dreams are made of...
    Credits

It is truly sad to know of someone who takes his/her own life. My heart goes out to the Rodriguez family. :-(

I was searching for a newspaper article myself in the Guardian or Express and can't find it.
    "Create the highest, grandest vision possible for your life, because you become what you believe." - Oprah Winfrey

"If you keep believing in yourself and seek enthusiasm inside your soul, things will get simpler, more spontaneous." ~Paulo Coelho

"I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit
    the floor each morning the devil says:
    "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Credits

I getting ready to go Long Island Carnival, and I mus say this is seriously spoiling meh vibes. I in a state of denial, I would also like to see some type of news article supporting this sad news. All I can say is that Wayne you will be truly missed, we all know how yuh loved your culture and soca music: S.O.C.A.

RIP Wayne Rodriguez

Peace and Love
    socababy

PS: I having flashbacks of all the performances I saw him in, he was a very talented man!!!

Credits

Yes people, it's true, Wayne Rodriguez has left us, it was just announced on 1190 Wlib. My sypamthy goes out to all friends and family of Wayne Rodriguez.

R.I.P. Wayne, you will be missed.

God Bless!

Credits

I AM SADDEN TO HEAR THIS. SOMEONE SO YOUNG TAKING HIS LIFE.

MY CONDOLENCES TO HIS FAMILY.

Credits

This is very sad to hear. I can't imagine what he was going through to make him do such a thing. Condolences to his family, friends and the soca music community.

GOD-BLESS
    TRINYSPICE

trinitat

when ah get this news on saturday, ah want to dead :'( ah spent so much time with him in toronto fuh caribana and whenever he came to ny, he was a genuinely nice person which is hard to find in thie industry. he will be greatly missed by all, esp. friends and family - RIP Wayne, you were truly loved.

KarnivalBaby

SOCA DAY CRUISE IN MIAMI

Obeahman

Wayne will be greatly missed by his family, friends and fans.

Let's all see if we as a caribbean community can keep Wayne's memory present with us and not forget about him, he was more than just Footsteps to those of us who knew him.

I must say I am some what disappointed by the fact there have only been a small hand full of posts reguarding Wayne's passing, I know he worth more than a few post, lets leave him some love.

RIP
    Waynie

I'll NEVER forget you.

Credits

don't know what demons you had in your life.......safe journey,stamp it harder!

Credits

As soon as I reach L.I. I get a phone call tellin me wayne kill heself..I couldn't believe it but I later found out that it really did happen...it is real sad that someone so young with so much otential could take their own life. It makes you wonder what was going on in his life that would make him do such a thing....anyway condolences going out to the rodriguez family and the xtatik famiy as well...it was nice to see a moment of silence was given to him on saturday in L.I.

he will truly be missed

P.S. trinitat give me a link I need to talk to you

SEXY G.T. QUEEN