Thread: FLAMES SABOTAGED ON THE PARKWAY? IS IT A MIAMI THING?

Credits

FLAMES SABOTAGED ON THE PARKWAY? IS IT A MIAMI THING?

IT SEEMED LIKE SOMEBODY DIDN'T WANT FLAMES ON THE PARKWAY. I WANDER IF IT WAS RELATED TO THE MIAMI SITUATION.

THEY WERE GIVEN A GENERATOR THAT HAD WATER IN ITS FUEL TANK.

BUT IT STARTED BEFORE THAT.

THEY HAD TO READY FOR THE PARKWAY 6 A.M., THEY DID NOT GET ON THE PARKWAY UNTIL 5:05 P.M. THEN THE GENERATOR WENT OUT ABOUT 5:10 P.M. AND THEY DIDN'T GET STARTED UNTIL AGAIN UNTIL 6:35P.M.
    ABOUT COUPLE MINUTES BEFORE THEY TURNED ONTO UTICA AVENUE.

BUT WHEN THEY WERE OUT, GB GODBLESS TRUCK PASS BY THEM AND THEY WERE TELLING THE BURNING FLAMES CROWD THAT THEY WERE THE LAST TRUCK ON THE PARKWAY AND THEY GONE TAKE THEM UP THE PARKWAY UNTIL THEY TURN OFF. THEN THEY ASK WHO GOING MIAMI FOR CARNIVAL.

BUT MAJORITY OF THE CROWD STAYED WITH THE FLAMES.

Credits

RE: FLAMES SABOTAGED ON THE PARKWAY? IS IT A MIAMI THING?

We all know no one sabotaged the Flames. It was just an unfortunate situation whereas they got a generator that had problems, in the first place this should have been checked before hand, and I know for a fact it wasn't because they started their plans to go on the parkway very late.
    It seems for the past years when I was living in Antigua and up to the present day Flames always has to blame someone for their mis-fortune, these are problems that everyone of the jam-bands have experienced over the years but because of careful planning, they were always able to avoid embarassment and disappointing their crowd.
    What Miami situation do you speak of?
    The only major problem I see here is the fact that Onghku is too damn bad-minded. I work for a certain promoter and each time he wants to put certain other bands on stage with the Flames Onghku always talking about he won't play if they do so. For years he was refusing to play on the same stage with Onyan, I'm still bewildered as to how come he finally gave in a did so.
    Flames has no where else to go but down if they don't chage their stinking attitudes!!!!!!!

Credits

I THINK I SEE WHERE YOU ARE COMING FROM. AND TO A CERTAIN EXTENT, I AGREE WITH YOU.

THEY SHOULD BE A LOT BETTER THAN THEY ARE NOW IN TERMS PERFORMING AT A HIGH CALIBER EVERY TIME THEY PLAY.

I HATE TO SEE THEM GO DOWN FOR NONSENSE.

Credits

I still love them to death though, I think they make the best cds in the caribbean. What they need to do is perform as well as they sound on record.
    Tell if I'm wrong but with that male guy with the dread-locks from El-A-Kru and onghku together I think they'd take Burning Flames on a level that no other Jam-Band could even dream of reaching.
    I saw him perform with Peter.C and Xtatik everyone called him back for an encore.

Credits

I THINK THE GUY FOR EL-A-KRU NAME IS BIKE. I NEVER SAW HIM NOR EL-A-KRU PERFORM LIVE BUT I SAW THEM ON THE NET. THEY DO PUT ON A GOOD SHOW.

I WILL ALWAYS PREFER FLAMES BRING BACK ONYAN. HE HAS ONE OF THE BEST SINGING VOICES IN THE CARIBBEAN. AND WHEN BOTH HIM AND OUNGKU HARMONIZE ON THE VOCALS THEY REALLY SOUND OUT OF SIGHT.

FOR CERTAIN SONGS I THINK ITS IMPOSSIBLE FOR THEM TO SOUND LIKE WHAT THEY RECORDED BUT THEY SHOULD MAKE AN EFFORT TO SOUND AS MUCH AS THEY CAN LIKE WHAT THEY HAVE RECORDED.

YOU KNOW ONE TIME ONYAN HAD POINTED OUT THAT OUNGKU SHOULD HIRE A SOUND ENGINEER BECAUSE TRYING TO PLAY AROUND WITH THE EQUALIZER BOARD DURING PERFORMANCES WHICH TAKES AWAY FROM THE PERFORMANCE OF THE BAND WHICH SOMETIMES COULD BE A HUGE LET DOWN. HE SAID THERE WAS A CONCERT THAT THEY HAD WITH KROSFYAH AND FLAMES WERE LOOKING LIKE FOOLS BECAUSE OUNGKU WAS SPENDING MOST OF HIS TIME PLAYING AROUND WITH THAT SOUND BOARD.

ANOTHER THING I WOULD LIKE THEM TO DO IS WOULD WITH OTHER CARIBBEAN ARTISTS IN BOTH SOCA AND DANCEHALL.

Credits

I DON'T BELIEVE HIRING A SOUND ENGINEER WILL DO THEM ANY BIG FAVORS BECAUSE ONGHKU IS ONE OF THE BEST IN THE CARIBBEAN.
    bUT HAVING TO DO THAT AND STILL DO LEAD VOCALS IS TAKING AWAY TOO MUCH FROM THEIR PERFORMANCES.
    ONYAN DON'T INTEND TO GO BACK SO IT MAKES NO SENSE CRYING OVER SPILT MILK. FLAMES JUST HAS TOO MOVE ON AND PUT SOMEONE IN THE SPACE WHERE ONYAN WAS, AND TO ME IT MAKES NO SENSE TRAVELLING TO OTHER COUNTRIES TO SEEK OUT TALENTED VOCALIST WHEN YOU'VE GOT THEM RIGHT AT HOME.
    BIKE IS A GREAT SINGER AND A DAMN GOOD ENTERTAINER I SAW THEM ON THE ROAD IN MIAMI CARNIVAL LAST YEAR THEY WERE SUPERB, I THINK THEY EVEN PLACE SECOND OR THIRD FOR BEST JAMBAND ON THE ROAD, I KNOW BYRON LEE AND THE DRAGONAIRES WON, THEY WERE SOMEWHERE AMONGST THE TOP THREE..

Credits

WELL YOU GOT TO EXCUSE ME BECAUSE I AM NOT ANTIGUAN.

BUT YOU ARE RIGHT, THERE IS ALOT OF TALENT THERE. I LISTENED TO THE EVENTS OF THE CARNIVAL THIS YEAR AND UP TO NOW I AM STILL AMAZED BY THE AMOUNT OF EXCELLENT MUSIC THAT CAME OUT THIS YEAR. THERE WERE A TON OF GOOD CALYPSOES AND ATLEAST 4 OR 5 OTHER JAMBANDS THAT PRODUCE SOME REALLY GOOD MUSIC. THE STANDARD WAS SECOND TO NONE IN CARIBBEAN REGION.

THEY REALLY DON'T HAVE TO GO ELSEWHERE TO SEARCH FOR ANY ADDITIONAL TALENT. BUT I WAS THINKING THAT THEY SHOULD WORK WITH OTHER BIG NAME ARTISTS FROM OTHER ISLANDS IN THE REGION SO THEY COULD DO REAL WELL IN THOSE MARKETS-THEN AGAIN IT MIGHT NOT BE NECESSARY.

BUT IT REALLY HURTS ME AT TIMES THAT FLAMES DON'T GET THE RECOGNITION THAT THEY DESERVE IN THE REGION. THIS BAND PRACTICALLY HAD THE MOST INFLUENCE IN THE DEVELOPMENT IN SOCA MUSIC AND MUSIC IN GENERAL IN THE EASTERN CARIBBEAN.

AND I WILL CRY A RIVER OVER SPILL MILK BECAUSE ONYAN IS A HUGE PART OF THIS LEGENDARY BAND.

Credits

BEFORE WE CONTINUE I ALSO CRIED A RIVER WHEN THEY FIRST BROKE UP, BUT I'VE COME TO REALISE IT WAS DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES CREATED BY OTHER MEMBERS OF THE BAND THAT CAUSED THIS BREAK-UP.
    I'M A MEMBER OF THEIR FAMILY BUT I'VE BEEN LIVING IN THE UNITED STATES SINCE 92 SO I CANNOT SAY MUCH ABOUT WHAT REALLY TRANSPIRED, BUT I KNOW FOR A FACT THAT ONYAN FELT CHEATED AND HE WAS VERY DEPRESSED BEFORE HE LEFT THE BAND. ALL THIS COULD HAVE BEEN AVOIDED IF EACH MEMBER WAS WILLING TO DO WHAT IT TAKES TO CREATE THE HARMONY THAT THESE KINDA BANDS NEED TO STAY TOGETHER.
    BURNING FLAMES DID GET THE RECOGNITION THEY DESERVED WHEN THEY WERE DOING SOMETHING TO DESERVE IT, BUT WE HAVE TO ADMIT WHAT HAVE THEY DONE IN TERMS OF LIVE PERFORMANCES TO DESERVE IT NOW?
    PEOPLE LOSE INTREST WHEN THEY ARE DISAPPOINTED AND FRUSTRATED BY THOSE THEY LOOK UP TO.
    ONYAN DOES NOT HAVE ANY INTREST IN THE TYPE OF MUSIC FLAMES ARE PRODUCING, HE PRESENTLY UTALISING HIS HARMONIOUS SINGING VOICE IN THE TYPE OF MUSIC THAT ENHANCES HIS TALENT. HIS ALBUM THIS YEAR IS ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL, HE'S GETTING TOO OLD FOR FLAMES KINDA MUSIC I THINK WHAT HES DOING NOW SUITS HIM BETTER AND HAS THE POTENTIAL OF TAKING HIM AND THE BAYGON BAND TO THE TOP, NOT AS A JAMBAND, BUT AS ONE OF THE BEST HOUSE BANDS AND CONCERT BANDS IN THE WORLD..

Credits

RE: Are you vegetarian?

Credits

OKAY!
    BUT DURING THIS LAST LABOR DAY I WENT TO COUPLE SHOWS WHERE ONYAN PERFORMED AND HE SANG SOME OLD BURNING FLAMES AND DID A BETTER JOB OF IT THAN FLAMES COULD. I DON'T MEAN TO BEAT A DEAD HORSE BUT-ITS NOT THAT HE SHOULD NECESSARILY REJOIN THEM COMPLETELY BUT HE COULD SING A FEW SONGS WITH THEM. I WILL ALWAYS HAVE HOPE AND I WILL LEAVE IT THERE. THEIR HISTORY IN TERMS OF JUMP UP MUSIC IS JUST TOO RICH-PROBABLY THE BEST IN THE CARIBBEAN.

I KNOW ITS ALL WISHFUL THINKING.

I GUESS BECAUSE OF THEIR HIGH LEVEL OF MUSICAL EXPERTISE, THEY TEND TO DO THINGS ON THE SPOT OR WITH LITTLE PRACTICE. THIS IS ONE REASON WHY THEY UNDER PERFORM BEACAUSE IT DON'T COME OUT RIGHT ALOT OF TIMES. THEY DON'T PRACTICE ON A ROUTINE LIKE MOST OTHER BANDS DO-THEY CAN JUMP TO ALMOST ANY SONG.

BUT I FEEL THE MUSIC THAT THEY PRODUCE IS SO AHEAD OF THEIR TIME THAT THEY WILL BE AROUND FOR A WHILE STILL IF THEY CAN REMAIN TOGETHER-BUT THEY A GOING TO NEED YOUNGER SINGING TALENT SOMEDAY-SOMEONE WHO VERY VERSATILE.