Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fiyah- Yuh boys and dem need help at HU

Credits

Fiyah- Yuh boys and dem need help at HU

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Bake n Shark View Post
    'Bout damn time! Dem man was just enjoying life off the skills and talent of Caribbean and African players. Many a talented player come into that program and leave a pale shadow of themselves. Ah talking national level players... dih man doesn't train them or prepare them for organized college ball and den just throws them in the fire.

I have a few suggestions in mind for replacements yes... I will make a few calls. Good looking out.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiyah View Post
    'Bout damn time! Dem man was just enjoying life off the skills and talent of Caribbean and African players. Many a talented player come into that program and leave a pale shadow of themselves. Ah talking national level players... dih man doesn't train them or prepare them for organized college ball and den just throws them in the fire.

I have a few suggestions in mind for replacements yes... I will make a few calls. Good looking out.
    Who dis Tucker fella was...he American? He have ah clue?

btw...check goal in yuh rukunkutunkunk...

http://www.attachmax.com/Glasgow.html

Credits
    Who dis Tucker fella was...he American? He have ah clue?

btw...check goal in yuh rukunkutunkunk...

Nice goal. Tucker comes from Bermuda and Landy come from Bermuda. He used to play for Howard himself back in the day. But from playing for him, all I know is he never did any fitness training or any real strategizing as to how to play.. he played favourites with the players he liked (some players never had to get fit or train or anything just show up to training and deh playing match time)... He also seemed to like players with height (maybe because he himself was tall). Dih man also was an awful judge of talent. Some of the players he brought in (mostly American) were so bad it wasn't even funny.

Credits
    Some of the players he brought in (mostly American) were so bad it wasn't even funny.
    Damn...you'd think that with all the talent out there in the Caribbean he'd have a leg up on the competition. I know Shaka been working to get a couple Coaching badges....i think he already has his UEFA badge, he would be a great fit, were it not for the fact that he's still playing.

Credits
    Damn...you'd think that with all the talent out there in the Caribbean he'd have a leg up on the competition. I know Shaka been working to get a couple Coaching badges....i think he already has his UEFA badge, he would be a great fit, were it not for the fact that he's still playing.
    And he did have a leg up on the competition. Man for man Howard has historically had much better individual players than any other team in the US BAR NONE. Shaka Hislop... Keith "Fletch" Fletcher... Peter "Bummie" Loyd... Andre and Darren Virtue... Robert Hemmings... Carlington "Puppy Dog" Clark... and so many more. But when yuh doh train dih man dem and on top of that there is no team strategy when wih run up against organized and fit players is trouble. The first 15 minutes wih killing any team wid ball... but them guys fit and relentless and they usually have one or two players from the Caribbean to fortify their organized steal wid flair.

That man waste the talent at his disposal. Howard U should win nationals every single year. But he figured he did not have to do any work and he could easily win the MEAC and then he could sit back the rest of the 8 months in the year and do nothing because his team win them conference and have great gpa's to boot. Dih man just coast through with his $80,000 salary.

Credits
    And he did have a leg up on the competition. Man for man Howard has historically had much better individual players than any other team in the US BAR NONE. Shaka Hislop... Keith "Fletch" Fletcher... Peter "Bummie" Loyd... Andre and Darren Virtue... Robert Hemmings... Carlington "Puppy Dog" Clark... and so many more. But when yuh doh train dih man dem and on top of that there is no team strategy when wih run up against organized and fit players is trouble. The first 15 minutes wih killing any team wid ball... but them guys fit and relentless and they usually have one or two players from the Caribbean to fortify their organized steal wid flair.

That man waste the talent at his disposal. Howard U should win nationals every single year. But he figured he did not have to do any work and he could easily win the MEAC and then he could sit back the rest of the 8 months in the year and do nothing because his team win them conference and have great gpa's to boot. Dih man just coast through with his $80,000 salary.
    So who you have in mind tuh recommend?

Credits
    So who you have in mind tuh recommend?
    Ah Grenadian fellah that I know that coaches youth teams in the area. I believe his nickname is Sambo... and I thought one of the guys on socawarriors.net mentioned him as a good candidate who lives in the area. Good guy and he knows his football.

Shaka would be a great candidate if he was ready to retire... the only problem is I am not sure they would be willing to pay him what he was worth.

Credits
    Ah Grenadian fellah that I know that coaches youth teams in the area. I believe his nickname is Sambo... and I thought one of the guys on socawarriors.net mentioned him as a good candidate who lives in the area. Good guy and he knows his football.

Shaka would be a great candidate if he was ready to retire... the only problem is I am not sure they would be willing to pay him what he was worth.
    Shaka would be willing to accept a coaches Salary...I'm sure, since coaching is one of his objectives.

Credits
    Shaka would be willing to accept a coaches Salary...I'm sure, since coaching is one of his objectives.
    Yeah... but would he be willing to be paid significantly less than the football and basketball coaches because the school doh care a damn about soccer?

He might... it would be a fulfilling career as he could use it as a spring board for Caribbean talent.

Credits
    Yeah... but would he be willing to be paid significantly less than the football and basketball coaches because the school doh care a damn about soccer?

He might... it would be a fulfilling career as he could use it as a spring board for Caribbean talent.
    Well that's the thing...I dunno. Besides, I dunno if he's interested in a US college position or something higher in profile. I think giving his obvious ties to the program they ought to hit him up. It would be a tough sell though because he's under contract to Dallas for a quarter-mil...I believe.

Credits
    Nice goal.
    Yuh peep de move de winger put on he man in order to create the space to get de cross in?

Killer.

Credits
    Yuh peep de move de winger put on he man in order to create the space to get de cross in?

Killer.
    Thats the best part of the play... apart from the fact than in order to get that direction and momentum on the header Glasgow had to almost break his damn back!

Credits
    Thats the best part of the play... apart from the fact than in order to get that direction and momentum on the header Glasgow had to almost break his damn back!
    THAT'S de facking thing I was saying about that...it really was a boss goal, from set up (de piece ah beats he ress on de defender) to de cross to de execution...perfectly executed header. I mean a better keeper should have saved that since (if you notice) the ball dips under he crossbar, which means there wasn't a whole lot of power behind it...pure placement. To get that ball and re-direct it while damn near parallel to the ground, six feet up in the air....priceless.

Credits
    THAT'S de facking thing I was saying about that...it really was a boss goal, from set up (de piece ah beats he ress on de defender) to de cross to de execution...perfectly executed header. I mean a better keeper should have saved that since (if you notice) the ball dips under he crossbar, which means there wasn't a whole lot of power behind it...pure placement. To get that ball and re-direct it while damn near parallel to the ground, six feet up in the air....priceless.

Well it does dip... but there was more power on it than you might think. It was kind of "whipped" if you will at the top corner. The problem is that the keeper has to be able to beat the ball to that top corner and I have a feeling that the position the keeper was in he wasn't able to get to that top corner anyhow he tried.

Nah man... I doh think he had a chance at that. Watch it again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast