Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Five Things I Like About Myself:

Dawtah of the Sun Empressdududahlin's Avatar Empressdududahlin is offline
    Credits

Five Things I Like About Myself:

I usually put these messages in the Spiritual Forum.. but what the hell let me try it in here for those who don't come tru'!

www.dailyom.com

April 27, 2006
    Listing Magnificence
    Five Things I Like About Myself
    Our primary relationship in life is with our selves. No one else goes through every experience in life with us. We are our one permanent companion, yet we are often our worst critic. To remind ourselves of our magnificence, we can do this exercise: "Five Things I Like About Myself."

Begin by writing down at least five things that you like about yourself. This is not the time to be modest. If you are having trouble coming up with a total of five items, you know that this exercise can really benefit you. Be sure to include more than your physical attributes on your list, since our bodies are only part of who we are. If you are still struggling with what to include on your list, think of what you like about your favorite people, because these traits are probably qualities that you possess too. Another way to complete your list is to think of five things you don't like about yourself and find something about these traits that you can like.

Continue this process for a week, thinking of five new things you like about yourself everyday. At the end of the week, read the list aloud to yourself while standing in front of a mirror. Instead of looking for flaws to fix, allow the mirror to reflect your magnificence. You may feel silly about standing in front of a mirror and reading aloud a list of your admirable attributes, but it might just bring a smile to your face and change the way you see yourself. Remember, it is when you feel the most resistant that this exercise can benefit you the most. Because we are constantly looking at the world, instead of looking at ourselves, we don't often see what's magnificent about ourselves that others do. When we take the time to experience ourselves the way we would experience someone we love and admire, we become our best companion and supporter on life's journey.

luk de reel trubble yah MsEnglishHarbour's Avatar MsEnglishHarbour is offline
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Ancientwomyn
    I usually put these messages in the Spiritual Forum.. but what the hell let me try it in here for those who don't come tru'!

www.dailyom.com

April 27, 2006
    Listing Magnificence
    Five Things I Like About Myself
    Our primary relationship in life is with our selves. No one else goes through every experience in life with us. We are our one permanent companion, yet we are often our worst critic. To remind ourselves of our magnificence, we can do this exercise: "Five Things I Like About Myself."

Begin by writing down at least five things that you like about yourself. This is not the time to be modest. If you are having trouble coming up with a total of five items, you know that this exercise can really benefit you. Be sure to include more than your physical attributes on your list, since our bodies are only part of who we are. If you are still struggling with what to include on your list, think of what you like about your favorite people, because these traits are probably qualities that you possess too. Another way to complete your list is to think of five things you don't like about yourself and find something about these traits that you can like.

Continue this process for a week, thinking of five new things you like about yourself everyday. At the end of the week, read the list aloud to yourself while standing in front of a mirror. Instead of looking for flaws to fix, allow the mirror to reflect your magnificence. You may feel silly about standing in front of a mirror and reading aloud a list of your admirable attributes, but it might just bring a smile to your face and change the way you see yourself. Remember, it is when you feel the most resistant that this exercise can benefit you the most. Because we are constantly looking at the world, instead of looking at ourselves, we don't often see what's magnificent about ourselves that others do. When we take the time to experience ourselves the way we would experience someone we love and admire, we become our best companion and supporter on life's journey.

i could definitely use this!! thanks ... i'm one who usually doesn't come thru on the spiritual thread

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by MsEnglishHarbour
    i could definitely use this!! thanks ... i'm one who usually doesn't come thru on the spiritual thread
    I know a few people told me it's overwhelming for them from far... lol But check it out when yuh can... And yes today's message is interesting, because sometimes we talk about relationships with others in our lives instead of the main relationship which is with ourselves 1st!

Credits
    Why don't we post 5 things we like about ourselves in this thread?

I will have to ponder on it for a few.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by XtasyReds

that sounds good to me ... lets see
    let me thinkg ...

i like that I am:
    smart
    ambitious
    passionate
    open-minded
    caring

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by XtasyReds

I don't mind throwing out the 5 I was thinking about:

1.) My imagination

2.) my mental/spiritual self (always a work in progress)

3.) I love my hair

4.) My dimples

5.) My heart

Credits

1.) My imagination

3.) I love my hair

4.) My dimples

5.) My heart
    that one made me think of my creativity ... i like to change a bad situation into a good one ... or make the best of anything ... i'm thee planner of all planners sometimes and just thinking of different things to do, places to go, etc excite me ... and then of course following thru with such is a rush

sometimes i like to i beleive anything is possible once you put your mind to it

Credits
    hmmmmmmmmmm 5 huh???

1.I like that I value family & love over material things

2.I like that I am ambitious

3.I like that I will go out of my way for a "real" friend

4. I like that my actions speak louder than my words

5. I like that I still feel 21!!!!

whew!! that was hard
    *I have been Born Again*

Credits
    I luv "me" in its entirety.

1. mind
    2. body
    3. soul
    4. ambition
    5. my desire to always want more

Credits
    1. My compassion
    2. My determination
    3. My eyes

Okay, that is all I came up with. You really do not realize how much of a self critic you are until you try an exercise like this one.

Credits
    MsEnglishHarbour- I always try to come with something positive with my imagination especially during the low periods of life. I think the phrase "this too shall pass" (something my sis r.i.p. used to say ALWAYS stay embedded or etched in mi mind.

JAHTEE- you know what's funny, I actually sat here and was like Hmmmm ?? lol... BUT then I realized we always come with negative things about ourselves, if it's the way we look, feel, and always trying to improve, that we forget the things that are there that are so wonderful about ourselves.

Credits
    MsEnglishHarbour- I always try to come with something positive with my imagination especially during the low periods of life. I think the phrase "this too shall pass" (something my sis r.i.p. used to say ALWAYS stay embedded or etched in mi mind.

JAHTEE- you know what's funny, I actually sat here and was like Hmmmm ?? lol... BUT then I realized we always come with negative things about ourselves, if it's the way we look, feel, and always trying to improve, that we forget the things that are there that are so wonderful about ourselves.

True we are our hardest critics I know I am!!I can sit down hear and find more faults den good ,but such is life.

It is also hard to give ya self praise,I was not brought up like that it looks like you are stuck-up or conceited it's a thin line with being proud and vein, at least to me you dont want ppl to read you wrong.
    *I have been Born Again*

Credits
    1. that i can find humour in almost anything
    2. my eyes
    3. my height
    4. that i have an interest in all sorts of different shit
    5. people gravitate towards me

Credits

1.) My imagination

3.) I love my hair

4.) My dimples

5.) My heart
    True we need things like this !Let me GO! I Like:
    1. That I am Loving
    2. That I am ambitious
    3. That I am HIGHLY perceptive
    4. That I am outspoken
    5. That I am passionate

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by JAHTEE
    [/B]

True we are our hardest critics I know I am!!I can sit down hear and find more faults den good ,but such is life.

It is also hard to give ya self praise,I was not brought up like that it looks like you are stuck-up or conceited it's a thin line with being proud and vein, at least to me you dont want ppl to read you wrong.
    You know I'm about to reveal something of myself, but for a long time I always wondered what people thought about me from my parents to my friends and allowed that to dictate my everyday life... and you know I admire the people in my life who do things for themselves and never for those outside of them. I realize I do things now and really don't put too much thought into others... It's crazy how the mental psyche can play with our everyday actions... sooo with saying that, I TRY TO PRAISE MYSELF AS WELL AS OTHERS ALL THE TIME... but at least we were able to do the exercise, I have someone here who can't come up with a #2, lol...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast