Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fishy Body Odor

Credits

Fishy Body Odor

i was watching the show medical myteries last night and there was a woman who all her life suffered with a fishy body odor that was very strong. so strong she said that it once filled an auditorium. she was a teacher and the students would make fun of her and didn't want to come to her classes. no matter what she did she couldn't get rid of it, bath, perfume, deodorants, etc...

years later she found out that she had some kind of disorder where your body can't breakdown a certain enzyme found in particular foods. the body stores it and then its excreted through urine, sweat, saliva, etc. she had to change her diet drastically and now has it under control. but she still has to take drastic measures to ensure that she doesn't have an odor like repetitive bathing, spraying her clothes with febreze before she leaves the house, and using perfumes.

gosh i felt really bad for her hearing her story because immediately when someone smells bad we think that their nasty and don't have good hygiene. i immediately started thinking about people that i know that smell bad all the time and was trying to diagnose which may have this disorder. lol

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Dougla Ting
    i was watching the show medical myteries last night and there was a woman who all her life suffered with a fishy body odor that was very strong. so strong she said that it once filled an auditorium. she was a teacher and the students would make fun of her and didn't want to come to her classes. no matter what she did she couldn't get rid of it, bath, perfume, deodorants, etc...

years later she found out that she had some kind of disorder where your body can't breakdown a certain enzyme found in particular foods. the body stores it and then its excreted through urine, sweat, saliva, etc. she had to change her diet drastically and now has it under control. but she still has to take drastic measures to ensure that she doesn't have an odor like repetitive bathing, spraying her clothes with febreze before she leaves the house, and using perfumes.

gosh i felt really bad for her hearing her story because immediately when someone smells bad we think that their nasty and don't have good hygiene. i immediately started thinking about people that i know that smell bad all the time and was trying to diagnose which may have this disorder. lol
    sorry I had to laugh :...............but dammm I would hate for someone like that at my job I would just pass out

Credits
    i reading and dying because someone we know who mout ALWAYS smell like batty backwash came to mind.lol

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by dimeout567
    sorry I had to laugh :...............but dammm I would hate for someone like that at my job I would just pass out
    she said she used to work at a credit union and deh put her to work the drive-thru window that was away from everybody else.

there was another black woman on the show that had the same disorder. she said that her boss would always spray air freshener around her until one day one of her co-workers told her that it was because of her.. she eh know that she had an odor. i guess she got so accustomed to her own smell. she said she never smelled it on herself but her bathroom would always smell really foul. she would call maintenance to come and check b/c she thought something was wrong with her bathroom.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Essiquibo
    i reading and dying because someone we know who mout ALWAYS smell like batty backwash came to mind.lol
    oh lawwwwwwd... dead.

nah, dat person just have halitosis. lolol

Credits
    yeah, i watched that show last night also and it made me think of a lady i used to work with. regardless of the day, this woman always smelled like she had an internal odor leaking out. she was the biggest clean freak too so i now wonder if she had the same issue...

Credits
    she should try dis

New Dance....

Credits
    maybe its my ignorance

but i feel there is nothing some dettol or carbolic soap cant fix. sorry.lol

Credits
    i saw the previews for that show but i missed it.

damn that's terrible. i know somebody who breath always smell like shite....i used to think she didn't brush - but for it to be that stink and that strong, maybe she have a problem like the woman on that show

Credits
    I forgot that show was on last night.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Essiquibo
    maybe its my ignorance

but i feel there is nothing some dettol or carbolic soap cant fix. sorry.lol
    like a typical west indian lol.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by luvlee
    i saw the previews for that show but i missed it.

damn that's terrible. i know somebody who breath always smell like shite....i used to think she didn't brush - but for it to be that stink and that strong, maybe she have a problem like the woman on that show

i knew someone like dat too.. turns out she had a serious gum disease.

Credits

There was a patient like that in a nursing home I use to work at...When Department of Health came to inspect the home, nurses got in trouble because they thought they were not washing the patient properly..

Credits
    i knew someone like dat too.. turns out she had a serious gum disease.

damn. what a shame.

the things we take for granted.

$ CASH MONEY PROMOTIONS$ Dark & Lovely's Avatar Dark & Lovely is offline
    Credits
    wow...this could be what 1 of my co worker suffer with. SHe nanny smells stink everyday that we have to light candles.....
    "TOO BLESSED TO BE STRESSED
    TOO ANNOINTED TO BE DISAPPOINTED"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast