Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Females who attended Catholic School..

T-MAKAA

Females who attended Catholic School..

My observation... which leads to an inquiry?

My observation is that some females who have gone thru that schooling tend to feel they are a bit above..somewhat better than others. In essence they feel they are all that. I did ask one girl 2 years ago who attended Catholic School when she was younger and she said yes that is partially true.

For those Imixers, especially females, is this kind of accurate?

Credits
    depends on which school you go to.. if you go to the best girls catholic high school in the country then you are bred to believe that you are the creme de la creme... there is a reason that schools are ranked for common entrance/SEA or those rankings would hold no merit and nobody would be trying hard to get into their "first" choice school... if you've been in that particular grouping of schools since you could barely talk- Maria Regina etc.. then you go on to Convent POS or CIC..and you live in a certain neighborhood, you're going to most likely have friends with the same background as yourself and interaction with other circles in society is going to be limited.. ..depends on the person though..
    Never waste your time trying to explain who you are to people who are committed to misunderstanding you.

Velvet Glove. Iron Fist

mi style still sharp .....u a A-Minor and dem a B-Flat

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by T-MAKAA View Post
    My observation... which leads to an inquiry?

My observation is that some females who have gone thru that schooling tend to feel they are a bit above..somewhat better than others. In essence they feel they are all that. I did ask one girl 2 years ago who attended Catholic School when she was younger and she said yes that is partially true.

For those Imixers, especially females, is this kind of accurate?
    Did the girls you observed had this attitude because their school was Catholic or the school was the best in ranking?

T-MAKAA
    Quote Originally Posted by Appleton View Post
    Did the girls you observed had this attitude because their school was Catholic or the school was the best in ranking?
    I'm not sure. However, for some reason you can often tell who attended Catholic school. Even here on IMIX you can assume. I mean LOL.. Look at BK for instance who always talk about himself.. not even a female.

Credits
    I'm not sure. However, for some reason you can often tell who attended Catholic school. Even here on IMIX you can assume. I mean LOL.. Look at BK for instance who always talk about himself.. not even a female.
    i dont even think its somethign to do with catholic school but more a top school..
    Never waste your time trying to explain who you are to people who are committed to misunderstanding you.

Velvet Glove. Iron Fist

mi style still sharp .....u a A-Minor and dem a B-Flat

T-MAKAA
    Quote Originally Posted by ladyrastafari View Post
    i dont even think its somethign to do with catholic school but more a top school..
    Hmm okay.

Credits
    Interesting...

Now you know that one is a special case.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by ladyrastafari View Post
    I think so too...it's not necessarily about the faith is more about the elitism of the school's ranking...and that you can't avoid...university is worse..how many harvard and yale grads you know that are unemployed? Going to a 'good' school is yet another way society has of making distinctions among people...some people buy into the hype others haven't

Credits
    Interesting thread. As a male with 20 years of Cathoilc education in the US
    I have observed women who felt they were better than those who went to public schools, primarily in high school. I think some of it stems from parents telling their children that they are paying tuition to provide their children
    with the best possible education. The parents prefer that their children associate with others from their particular social class which sometimes makes them condescending towards others who don't have the same
    "upbringing". Many lose this attitude when they go to college and deal
    with a more diverse population and recognize that no one has control
    over the affluence or lack thereof that they are born into.
    Think For Yourself

Credits
    Hmmm...I see where you're coming from..do you think this could be the case depending on if Catholicism is the dominant form of christianity in a country?

T-MAKAA
    I think so too...it's not necessarily about the faith is more about the elitism of the school's ranking...and that you can't avoid...university is worse..how many harvard and yale grads you know that are unemployed? Going to a 'good' school is yet another way society has of making distinctions among people...some people buy into the hype others haven't
    When you say faith..are u referring to Catholics in itself. I wasnt really touching on the religous aspect. Cause many have went to Catholic school while not being Catholic... (I think). Just wondered what the teachers pushed in their heads when it comes to being the best..

Redlocks is pretty much on point as to what I have observed.

Credits
    When you say faith..are u referring to Catholics in itself. I wasnt really touching on the religous aspect. Cause many have went to Catholic school while not being Catholic... (I think). Just wondered what the teachers pushed in their heads when it comes to being the best..

Redlocks is pretty much on point as to what I have observed.
    Sorry...what i meant was faith-based..ie the religious orientation of the school. Yeah many students who aren't catholic attend so i guess it has to do with the ranking of the school re quality education/elitism/classism.

why did you think there was an association with being Catholic? Is this because you see more of these examples from Catholic schools?

Credits
    uggghhh........doh get meh started wit dese broads down here eh..........brainwashed like dat little boy in d video.........Colonialism play a larger role than the religion.......fock it......its not the religion atall
    STATIC RADIO - www.islandmix.com/static
    Tunein Radio - Static Radio

LR Advertising LLC

T-MAKAA
    Sorry...what i meant was faith-based..ie the religious orientation of the school. Yeah many students who aren't catholic attend so i guess it has to do with the ranking of the school re quality education/elitism/classism.

why did you think there was an association with being Catholic? Is this because you see more of these examples from Catholic schools?
    Never really thought about that. But yeah I guess its because I have seen more examples from Catholic Schools.. give off the same vibe as people belonging to a certain sorority.

You went to Catholic School?

Sweetness4life Mrs. Yankee Doodle's Avatar Mrs. Yankee Doodle is offline
    Credits
    choops, here we go again
    Live life in concert with your values!
    Never be paralyzed!
    Don't wait for people to change! - Dr. Robert Brooks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast