Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: favorite puerto rican food and latin food?

sebas4920

favorite puerto rican food and latin food?

especially puerot rican food, what do you like?

i just made arroz con gandules, tembleque and i also made empanadas stuffed with pulled pork that was marinated like haitian griot and then mixed with seville orange jusice, some oht pepper, green onions and recaito paste.... then mixed with malanga pieces and stuffed inside the empanadas

it was pretty good, a filling i developed but im sure is close to some latin styles.

what do u guys like?

puerot rican food esp but cuban, panamanian dominican or colombian is also welcome

just need soem ideas

thahnks

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by sebas4920 View Post
    especially puerot rican food, what do you like?

i just made arroz con gandules, tembleque and i also made empanadas stuffed with pulled pork that was marinated like haitian griot and then mixed with seville orange jusice, some oht pepper, green onions and recaito paste.... then mixed with malanga pieces and stuffed inside the empanadas

it was pretty good, a filling i developed but im sure is close to some latin styles.

what do u guys like?

puerot rican food esp but cuban, panamanian dominican or colombian is also welcome

just need soem ideas

thahnks
    Tembleque is one of the best dessert dishes I've ever had in my life!!!! Link up the recipe nuh man?
    I love Limbel (my first experience in purchasing Limbel was funny)

Flan de Queso is nice

sebas4920
    Quote Originally Posted by Ackee View Post
    Tembleque is one of the best dessert dishes I've ever had in my life!!!! Link up the recipe nuh man?
    I love Limbel (my first experience in purchasing Limbel was funny)

Flan de Queso is nice
    what happened when u purchased Limbel? what is limbel?

here is a recipe!

Tembleque
    Cool and delicious

4 cups coconut milk
    ½ cup of cornstarch
    2/3 cup of sugar
    ½ tsp. salt
    1 tblsp. orange blossom water (optional)
    ground cinnamon

In a saucepan dissolve cornstarch in 1/4 cup coconut milk. Once dissolved add the rest of the coconut milk, sugar, and salt. Cook at medium-high heat stirring constantly! As it thickens, lower heat until it boils thick. Pour right away into wet molds, pans or cups. Cool and then cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Carefully separate the tembleque from the mold using a knife. Turn it over unto a dish. Sprinkle with cinnamon.

Makes about 12 servings.

by the way i ahve not made it with orange blossom water and that sounds GREAT.

if u cant find it use 1 or 2 teaspoons of vanilla and yes u can also use both the tablespoon of orange and 1 or 2 teaspoons of vanilla

then u get a orange/cream/coconut flavor

awesome!

Credits
    PR/DR
    baccalao fritters....

greasy& salty but so good
    dam I might just make some this weekend..

Ingredients
    Half pound of Bacalao (salted cod)
    Vegetable oil for frying
    Small onion finely diced
    ½ cup milk
    1 egg
    Chili pepper minced to desired heat level!
    1 tablespoon of butter
    Pinch of salt
    Pinch of baking powder
    1 cup of flour
    1 teaspoon annatto or saffron infused water
    Preparation
    Soak cod in fresh cold water in the fridge for at least 10-12 hours. You should change the water several times to try to get as much salt out of the fish as possible.
    Poach cod for 20 minutes, drain out the water and remove skin and bones. Heat a few tablespoons of oil, add the annatto and the diced onion and cook until soft – set aside to cool. In a large mixing bowl, sift together all the dry ingredients. Then add all of the wet ingredients, including the cod and the cooked onions and mix vigorously until a batter is formed. Get ½ inch of vegetable oil smoking hot then add large spoonfuls of batter one at a time. Fry for a few minutes on each side.

These Caribbean Bacalao Fritters are one of the great Caribbean appetizer recipes as they can be served hot or cold. They’re also great Caribbean party food!

sebas4920
    Quote Originally Posted by . View Post
    Page Ranking/DR
    baccalao fritters....

greasy& salty but so good
    dam I might just make some this weekend..

Ingredients
    Half pound of Bacalao (salted cod)
    Vegetable oil for frying
    Small onion finely diced
    ½ cup milk
    1 egg
    Chili pepper minced to desired heat level!
    1 tablespoon of butter
    Pinch of salt
    Pinch of baking powder
    1 cup of flour
    1 teaspoon annatto or saffron infused water
    Preparation
    Soak cod in fresh cold water in the fridge for at least 10-12 hours. You should change the water several times to try to get as much salt out of the fish as possible.
    Poach cod for 20 minutes, drain out the water and remove skin and bones. Heat a few tablespoons of oil, add the annatto and the diced onion and cook until soft – set aside to cool. In a large mixing bowl, sift together all the dry ingredients. Then add all of the wet ingredients, including the cod and the cooked onions and mix vigorously until a batter is formed. Get ½ inch of vegetable oil smoking hot then add large spoonfuls of batter one at a time. Fry for a few minutes on each side.

These Caribbean Bacalao Fritters are one of the great Caribbean appetizer recipes as they can be served hot or cold. They’re also great Caribbean party food!

yes these things are great!!!!!

almost identical to the trini accra! or the frenchy acra du moroe or however u say it... lil different from a stamp and go

the annato is very spanish altohugh they use anatto in trinidad. i tihnk trini versions ahve mroe green seasonings but many pr versions ahve lots of cillantro or oregano sometiems

im gonna try this recipe out ASAP

Hadha min fadhle Rabbi Juancito Trucupey's Avatar Juancito Trucupey is offline
    Credits
    Arroz con pollo....empenadas..hojaldras...patacones...fried yuca...raspados((lol...not a real dish!))

sebas4920
    hojaldras is the cake right

what is the dish that isnt real

explain it

by the way this puerto rican african professor just said he would PAY me for empanadas....

yes!

Credits
    hojaldras is the cake right

what is the dish that isnt real

explain it

by the way this puerto rican african professor just said he would PAY me for empanadas....

yes!
    hojaldras is like a flat donut for us. some people put like the regular sugar on there but I put the powdered sugar.

raspados...you know the shaved ice cones. we put the coloring and then the condensed milk...oh my! just now thinkin about it makin me want it!! I need a trip back home STAT.

I also like sancocho. Haven't had a good bowl of that in a while. Ppl ask me all the time if I am sure I am from panama b/c I hate seafood. If I liked seafood I would like all of our seafood dishes.

sebas4920
    Quote Originally Posted by Pano View Post
    hojaldras is like a flat donut for us. some people put like the regular sugar on there but I put the powdered sugar.

raspados...you know the shaved ice cones. we put the coloring and then the condensed milk...oh my! just now thinkin about it makin me want it!! I need a trip back home STAT.

I also like sancocho. Haven't had a good bowl of that in a while. Ppl ask me all the time if I am sure I am from panama b/c I hate seafood. If I liked seafood I would like all of our seafood dishes.
    thanks. i also like sancocho. what do u like in yours? i like yuca and sometimes pumpkin or sweet potato. chicken or oxtail, potato and corn.

never really liked green plantain unless it was foofoo or tostones so i prefer green bananas in a soup like sancocho, ....

Credits
    thanks. i also like sancocho. what do u like in yours? i like yuca and sometimes pumpkin or sweet potato. chicken or oxtail, potato and corn.

never really liked green plantain unless it was foofoo or tostones so i prefer green bananas in a soup like sancocho, ....
    scratch the pumpkin and sweet potato don't really care for either I will keep it simple and have the corn,yuca,potato,and chicken. I also add the homemade hot sauce w/ the scotch bonnet for flavor....dumplins are always a great addition as well. (I eat this on the side w/ the soup/stew) I will have carimañolas just w/o the eggs so I guess essentially mini empanadas. LOL

sebas4920
    oh carimañolas

this is a yuca dough stuffed with a filling for example cheese or meat and cheese

me and this colombian make those a lot

they are great, especially with the colombian cheese

what do u put in it?

yes this is like an empanada but fried and with yuca instead of flour i tihnk, empanada si baked whether made with flour or a corn dough correct?

or can it be fired?

anyway

carimañolas is great!

in guyana they have a cassava puff wehih is simialr to the carimañolas

what about buenelitos del viejo ir sometihng? they are also excellent

these are like little donuts made in puerto rico and cuba drizzled with fruit flavored syrup after being fried

they are light and puffy....

what would u say fiveo r six VERY panamanian dishes are. they can be typical latin fare but what would make it the panamanian version?

peace!

Credits
    Whenever I go to Venezuela, I'll have arepas. I love those corn breads!

I cook Cuban food sometimes...simple stuff like black beans, yellow rice, picadillo, beef and tomato stew, beans salad, avocado salad, etc.

My Venezuelan and Colombian friends usually use a crazy amount of garlics in their food lol.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by cocotea View Post
    Whenever I go to Venezuela, I'll have arepas. I love those corn breads!

I cook Cuban food sometimes...simple stuff like black beans, yellow rice, picadillo, beef and tomato stew, beans salad, avocado salad, etc.

My Venezuelan and Colombian friends usually use a crazy amount of garlics in their food lol.
    yeah those are nice

Credits
    PR - Mofongo

Latin/Cuban - Pastelito de Carne (oh the simplicity!)

or Ayaca of course (what Trinis call pastelle) from Venezuela
    But they have to be Trini style. dem venezuelans doesn't put enough peppa fuh me.

Whether there is a moral component to being less clothed than an European, I'm not getting into because that's a personal thing.
    Carnival: carne valle: farewell flesh means it is time to be myself in all my godly glory. I am a man created in God's image, making me beautiful. We get half naked in the bright sun, soak up some vitamin D and jump to a rythm because as human beings, rythms entrance us; they harken to our mothers' rhythmic heartbeat in the womb. Its a natural, healthy experience.

Credits
    The Acai fruit from the Amazon region of Brazil. I was scared to try it at first because it looked disgusting in a bowl.....but it's great for the immune system and gives you a lot of energy. I don't like buying it at the supermarkets here, because it's a ripoff and not of the same quality. Sprinkle some granola on top of it and add a chopped banana.

Never heard of it ever being in GT.....maybe near the Brazil/Guyana border there may be some Acai trees? I wonder if any other S.American Amazon countries' regions grow this fruit as well?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails favorite puerto rican food and latin food?-acai_puree_organic_kosher_cert_15_solids.jpg  
    "I will forewarn you......fear ye him when thou hast died hath power to cast into hell" - Charles Lawson

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast