Thread: Fans hope to bowl T&T over

Credits

Fans hope to bowl T&T over

It began with a stereotype. Shortly after the Final Draw for Germany 2006, England supporter Martin O'Hara visited a website for Trinidad and Tobago fans and was alarmed by what he read.
    "I wanted to see what other supporters thought about being in a group with England and I couldn't believe the reaction from the T&T fans," explained O'Hara. "Of course, they were really happy to qualify, but they seem saddened to be paired with England and that upset me.

"The usual stereotypes of English hooligans were being raised and I wanted to show them that we were good football fans. Everyone knows this is Trinidad and Tobago's first World Cup, it may be their only World Cup, and I want their supporters to remember it for the right reasons."

Therefore O'Hara, together with Alan Bloore and David Barlow of the Yorkshire branch of englandfans, the official England supporters' club, developed strong links with the Nuremberg Fans Project and co-ordinator Heino Haessler.

They also made contact with Trinidad and Tobago fans and quickly found common ground. “I’m from Yorkshire, and as everyone knows in England, cricket is extremely popular in this region. Also, everyone knows that cricket is a way of life in Trinidad and Tobago, so we thought that we’d organise a match between the two countries.”

The event has snowballed since then. There will be music, food and drink available in Nuremberg's Verdevisie Park between 12:00 and 18:00 (CET) on Wednesday, the day before Sven-Goran Eriksson’s man take on the Soca Warriors in Nuremberg’s Frankenstadion.

“I can’t wait,” continued O'Hara. “There’s going to be live music, dancing girls, a DJ – all supplied by the T&T supporters. Then we’re going to have a game of cricket – and anyone who wants to play will be more than welcome. We want to involve everyone.”

The event is part of Alltogethernow 2006, a campaign by englandfans and the country’s FA to promote positive fan behaviour at the FIFA World Cup™ in Germany and respect for the host country.

"It should be a great day – one to remember for all the right reasons,” added O'Hara. “Mind you, I don’t care who wins the cricket, just as long as we get three points in the football!”

source

Taj
    Credits
    Damn trini cud wrangle ah lime outta anybody and anywhere
    An ah notice we providing 95% of the things for the event dj, ppl, music, dancing girls, food, drinks.

Geez jealous I won't be having fun too
    Quote Originally Posted by passy
    It began with a stereotype. Shortly after the Final Draw for Germany 2006, England supporter Martin O'Hara visited a website for Trinidad and Tobago fans and was alarmed by what he read.
    "I wanted to see what other supporters thought about being in a group with England and I couldn't believe the reaction from the T&T fans," explained O'Hara. "Of course, they were really happy to qualify, but they seem saddened to be paired with England and that upset me.

"The usual stereotypes of English hooligans were being raised and I wanted to show them that we were good football fans. Everyone knows this is Trinidad and Tobago's first World Cup, it may be their only World Cup, and I want their supporters to remember it for the right reasons."

Therefore O'Hara, together with Alan Bloore and David Barlow of the Yorkshire branch of englandfans, the official England supporters' club, developed strong links with the Nuremberg Fans Project and co-ordinator Heino Haessler.

They also made contact with Trinidad and Tobago fans and quickly found common ground. “I’m from Yorkshire, and as everyone knows in England, cricket is extremely popular in this region. Also, everyone knows that cricket is a way of life in Trinidad and Tobago, so we thought that we’d organise a match between the two countries.”

The event has snowballed since then. There will be music, food and drink available in Nuremberg's Verdevisie Park between 12:00 and 18:00 (CET) on Wednesday, the day before Sven-Goran Eriksson’s man take on the Soca Warriors in Nuremberg’s Frankenstadion.

“I can’t wait,” continued O'Hara. “There’s going to be live music, dancing girls, a DJ – all supplied by the T&T supporters. Then we’re going to have a game of cricket – and anyone who wants to play will be more than welcome. We want to involve everyone.”

The event is part of Alltogethernow 2006, a campaign by englandfans and the country’s FA to promote positive fan behaviour at the FIFA World Cup™ in Germany and respect for the host country.

"It should be a great day – one to remember for all the right reasons,” added O'Hara. “Mind you, I don’t care who wins the cricket, just as long as we get three points in the football!”

source
    “A sharp knife never proclaims it’s sharpness to the world…but the first to fall against it becomes it’s advocate.”

You can put any face behind a mask but be careful cos someone else might be pretending. You might not be the only one with a secret -- Cassie/Gretel

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by passy

source
    Poor man, he dunno the trap he just set up, trini DJ, live entertainment and well obviously dancing girls mean Carib Girls. They better not go and be doing no Willie Bounce yuh know! Then again, live performance might be Machel and they might decide to do Powerpuff girls Cock back and rolllll, oh noooo

“Mind you, I don’t care who wins the cricket, just as long as we get three points in the football!” - BWAAAAHAAAAHAAAAAAA

Credits
    He saying this now but when Trini upset England it will be anudda story...........

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by TriniBob
    He saying this now but when Trini upset England it will be anudda story...........
    remix
    :

Tell dem we BEAT

Tell dem we BEAT

Tell dem we BEAT
    :

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by TriniBob
    lol , yep it could happen

1-0