Thread: Email to My friends

Credits

Email to My friends

I sent this email to my friends and family, and I just wanted to share it with my extended family.

Its funny how a near death experience can make you change your priorities (ok, so maybe I wasn't NEAR death in the literal sense of the word, but compared to someone in Wichita, Kansas I was close enough). I thought about all the things I`ve wanted to do for a long time, but kept putting off. As morbid as it sounds, I thought about if I had died on 9/11.
    -I would have been in a job I tolerate but don't really love.
    -I would have financial certifications that I don't know how to use (ok, I admit it, the investment advice I've given to some of my friends just plain sucks).
    -I would not have known how to drive (hold the snickers please)
    -I would have only been to Canada, New York, Maryland, DC, Florida & Jamaica
    ok, ok, you get the picture, I would have not done a lot of the things I wanted to do during my life.

Now is a great time to:
    - take that trip you`ve put off for so long (Grenada, here I come!!)
    - treat yourself to something you`ve wanted for a long time (those breast implants sure are gonna look nice on me)
    - get your finances in order (no comment)
    - reconcile with someone you haven`t been speaking to
    - take a big risk (I think I'll have regular cream cheese today instead of low fat)
    - confront a lifelong fear (sorry, I'm not ready to deal with the lizards yet, I just can't)
    - tell someone something you`ve been keeping from them (this is a good time for anyone who has a crush on me to tell me about it. :)

I'm being funny, but I'm serious at the same time. Live your life to the fullest and enjoy everyday.
    Ok, those are my words of wisdom. (Sorry, sometimes I get really emotional and I just can`t help myself) *sob, choke, sniffle*

Everyone have a good day.

"Out of many, one people"

Credits

RE: Email to My friends

this is so true, it always takes a disaster for us to start thinking. we save things for special occasions, when in reality every day that we're alive should be a special occasion. for example, i have this one perfume that i only use when i go out, and i've had it since '98! this is getting out of hand...!!

topclass, thanks for sharing the email with your extended family...yuh go still get de cut-tail though!

montREALady :-)
    "2gether we aspire, 2gether we achieve"

Credits

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Sep-19-01 AT 12:20 PM (EST)[/font][p]It's so strange but this whole incident has made me look at my life in a way I know others are doing right now. Before this tragedy happened, I was seriously feeling a closenes with God that I've never felt before. And now that this tragedy has come to pass, I know that HE has blessed me in every way possible. HIS blessings are limitlesss but these are just a few:

1) I lost my grandmother last year and her death had serious affects on my life. I start feeling lonely because she was one of the few people I shared everything with, she lived with me my whole life and I didn't know what it would be like without her there. But then I started to realize that indeed GOD was good to her, my family and I. He took her in her sleep and I know she did not suffer at all.

2)HE has blessed me with an incredible family and wonderful friends. With all the trials an tibulations my family has been through, we always come out on top and I know that's only because HE has made it so. HE has blessed me with friends that are loyal and are there for me whenever I need them (TrinySpice, Ilandfntsy, CookUp, Socababy - sorry if I embarrassing allyuh I just feel moved righ now). And HE has given me happiness with someone who feels the same way about HIM.

3)GOD has spared me and my loved ones. It is so strange because every single person I know that worked in and around WTC either was late, had the day off or got out in the nick of time. Thousands lost their lives on Tuesday and GOD chose to spare me and my loved ones. I can only see this as a blessing and nothing else. My mother works a block away from there and almost lost her life while trying to run from the building that fell last. Yet she got out with not one scratch, and all I can do is thank HIM for being there for her.

People, please understand me, I am not a fanatic. But I do feel that I have lived most of my life oblivious to what GOD has provided for me. I feel that now is best to express to everyone that HE is great and that HE loves each and every one of us. Just ask and HE will provide. Let HIM know each and everyday that you are grateful for what he has given you because He really is unappreciated.
    Nothing is stronger than HIS love for you.

Psalm 100:3 - Know the Lord HE is GOD; it is HE who has made us, and not we ourselves; we are HIS people and the sheep of HIS pasture.

God Bless!

Credits

BrownSkinTrini, you sweet EGG!!!
    Gyul you almost make meh tears fall onto my laptop, and yuh know that would have been pressha!!!

I was tellin BrownSKin yesterday that this incident has made me also become closer to God. He has blessed my family and I so much, I cant even begin to tell you all. I trust him and he has brought me this far, I know he wouldnt "dis" me :-)! My faith and hope has gotten so much stronger, I am really seeing him as my FATHER.

TopCLass I am with you. I am going to live my life to fullest. I mean I am going to try and not make poor desicions or rush things to happen, but I am going to enjoy my LIFE.

Peace and Love
    socababy

PS: ANd yes Psalm 91 and 103 are amazing!!!

Credits

RE: getting over dis madness

Credits

Something to think about.

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Sep-21-01 AT 07:18 PM (EST)[/font][p]Once I'm able to afford it, I'm gonna head down to Trinidad for Carnival ONE MORE TIME (I'll have to bring enough money for accomodations & transportation since I don't know anybody there). As for the bills, I'm gonna make a more conscious effort to clear my debts.

Credits

RE: Something to think about.

You will always have somewhere to stay in Tdad. We are one love people...doh stress, something will work out. Trust meh...