Thread: Education, Wealth vs Religion

Indianute

Education, Wealth vs Religion

does your level of education or ecconomic status have any bearing on how you view religion? Generally speaking, it seems like poor people are more into church than wealthy people. From what i have seen, it looks like less educated folkes and folkes that are struggling financially seem to catch spirits and take religion more seriously than PHDs and wealthy people. what do you guys think?

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Indianute
    does your level of education or ecconomic status have any bearing on how you view religion? Generally speaking, it seems like poor people are more into church than wealthy people. From what i have seen, it looks like less educated folkes and folkes that are struggling financially seem to catch spirits and take religion more seriously than PHDs and wealthy people. what do you guys think?
    I've always notice that.

Credits
    Good question, I believe that education makes or breaks faith.

When it comes to financial status, it may weaken your morals.. you will be more sexual adventurous (studies have proven this) however..

when it comes to taking religion more or less seriously.. i would say that people take the restrictions associated with relgion more or less seriously depending on their income

Credits
    I agree.
    I think the more education(I mean education in general.not just formal) the more you will be exposed to realities outside of the one you were brought up in.

As for wealth.
    wealth alleviates many problems.
    Religion appeals to people who have problems. "god will provide..." "my cake is in heaven..."
    No problems no need for... you get my point.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by DreadJockey
    I agree.
    I think the more education the more you will be exposed to realities outside of the one you were brought up in
    DOOOOUING hit it on de head, dead on

Indianute
    its pretty crazy. I have a friend that became ordaned as a baptist deacon. He then went on to preach. He followed his church from wisconsin to missouri to oklahoma. he was really devoted to his church. I spoke to him the other day and he told me that he is finishing up his PHD and that he no longer belongs to a church.

Credits
    Did you sk him why?

If i wanted to make money and was a good talker I would still go in to the preacher buis.

Indianute
    Quote Originally Posted by DreadJockey
    Did you sk him why?

If i wanted to make money and was a good talker I would still go in to the preacher buis.
    he said that he didnt have enough time to devote to the church because he wanted to concentrate on his studies. Those words were coming from someone that was a Die Hard Christian!

Credits
    Thats pretty interesting.