Thread: Ebonically speaking.........

Credits

Ebonically speaking.........

Is it me, or has proper grammar gone out the door with sponge curlers?...........now I don't profess to be Shakespeare.....but come on already......

It's one thing to be with your peer group and speaking your dialect, but when you use improper grammar as part of your formal speech, something is seriously wrong with that picture.........

I'm sitting in a meeting today at work and listening to some of my co-workers make their points, and all I'm hearing is the "you is" and "you was"........and what the hell is "conversate"........is that word in any english dictionary?

Can somebody please help a sista out?................or am I being too touchy?..................OK, I vented..............

TC
    Credits
    I fully agree with you! Time and place fuh everyting!

Credits
    mayb u r making 2 much of it............probably they are comfortable with each other and dont feel the need to adapt formality to their language.

only reason i can think of

tramericanjr

i agree with

lucian babes

Credits

Re: Ebonically speaking.........

Originally posted by Island_Deeva
    Is it me, or has proper grammar gone out the door with sponge curlers?...........now I don't profess to be Shakespeare.....but come on already......

It's one thing to be with your peer group and speaking your dialect, but when you use improper grammar as part of your formal speech, something is seriously wrong with that picture.........

I'm sitting in a meeting today at work and listening to some of my co-workers make their points, and all I'm hearing is the "you is" and "you was"........and what the hell is "conversate"........is that word in any english dictionary?

Can somebody please help a sista out?................or am I being too touchy?..................OK, I vented..............

I feel you Naaaarrrr mmmmeeeeeeeennnn. I understand exactly what you mean love. But like I tell every one... so long as you know whats right and do it then all is well.... aight nice to have you...

Me Garne....