Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Duggars want 20th child

Credits

The Duggars want 20th child

The Duggars: We're Open to Having a 20th Child
    Update Wednesday August 11, 2010 11:30 AM EDT
    Originally posted Wednesday August 11, 2010 08:00 AM EDT

Michelle and Jim Bob Duggar with daughter Josie

Facebook Twitter E-mail Michelle and Jim Bob Duggar have always been open about their willingness to have children. But when the devout Baptists and stars of TLC's 19 Kids and Counting faced the catastrophic aftereffects of their 19th child's premature birth, many assumed they might be done.

But now the couple who only recently brought baby Josie home after being hospitalized for six months as she recovered from a perforated bowel and rare digestive problems say they are ready to consider a 20th child.

"Our family is stronger than ever," Jim Bob, 45, tells PEOPLE in its new issue. "We made it through the storm."

RELATED: Baby Josie Duggar Gains 10 Lbs. Since Birth

That's not to say that everything has been easy with baby Josie. Born early after Michelle developed preeclampsia (pregnancy-induced high blood pressure), Josie was just 8 days old when a perforated bowel threatened her life.

"When she first came home, I couldn't sleep at all," says Michelle, 43. "That was the scariest part for me, having the full responsibility of her care on my shoulders ... It was intimidating."

Similarly daunting are the very real medical risks Michelle could face with another pregnancy particularly a return of preeclampsia, which can lead to a stroke or prove fatal. But despite the risk and intense criticism the pair vow to stick to their beliefs.

"People think we are overpopulating the world," says Jim Bob. "We are following our convictions."

Gladiator
    who de mudder a$$ is de flippin Duggers ? !!

Credits
    After 19 kids I can imagine sex being pleasurable for either of them.

Jim Bob probably standing on one side of the room, shooting cum in Michelle like is darts he playing

Credits
    dat child almost died...dey really want to go thru dat with a next one?
    Living like Peggy, plotting like Joan

I can only be me.... MadamStatuesque's Avatar MadamStatuesque is offline
    Credits
    exactly. her womb has been thru a lot, not to mention she has entered the age where child bearing can possibly come with complications. pro-creation is cool but damn. only thing i glad for is that is their own money, and of course the money from the show, that minding their children and not tax payers' money.
    Not a single ounce of fock shall be given today...

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by GroovyLittleThing View Post
    exactly. her womb has been thru a lot, not to mention she has entered the age where child bearing can possibly come with complications. pro-creation is cool but damn. only thing i glad for is that is their own money, and of course the money from the show, that minding their children and not tax payers' money.
    dem chirren probably walking outta she nanni by now

LB
    Credits
    I think they are selfish, money or no money. Ppl had many children back in the day out of necessity since infant mortality was so high.

Now, these ppl have all these kids and you can be damn sure that as a parent you cannot give each child equal attention and treatment with so many to contend with.

the older ones become de facto parents which I think is so freakin unfair to them.
    ~ If you make the mountain any bigger you wont be able to move it later

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Ladybug View Post
    I think they are selfish, money or no money. Ppl had many children back in the day out of necessity since infant mortality was so high.

Now, these ppl have all these kids and you can be damn sure that as a parent you cannot give each child equal attention and treatment with so many to contend with.

the older ones become de facto parents which I think is so freakin unfair to them.
    so i assume no brady bunch for you? lol

Credits

that's a given and I agree it's unfair.... they don't have a real childhood...they're built in babysitters

LB
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by GroovyLittleThing View Post
    so i assume no brady bunch for you? lol
    lol! You know when I was younger and didnt understand what giving birth really meant, I wanted 7 kids....3 sets of twins and one extra

I think once u get past 10 your attention is so divided and the age span starts to affect relationships due to the age spreads.

my mum is from a big Catholic family and her older siblings were essentially her minders since she was the baby.

I'd love 4 kids but I do think about making sure I have time for all of them. Having kids shouldnt be solely about fulfilling a vanity as it seems it is with these folks.

Down di road, ova di gully, pass di big tree
    Credits
    Disclaimer:
    Many of you can't keep Jamaica outa yuh mouth. Its ok, we understand you can't help it. Envy is a helluva thing. But let it be known. If you've never been to mi yawd your comments about mi yawd shall hereby be stricken as nuttin but verbal defecation. Walk good.

Yes I am a superhero. Sarcasm is my superpower.

Credits
    well i see nothing wrong with having as many children as you can be blessed with. they managed to get this far prior to having a show and who knows how their family structure works. she is a stay at home mom so for the most part, her time can be divided. i just thinks she needs to let her nanny chill out.

LB
    Credits
    i dunno, if u need a nanny because of the numbers when u are a stay at home mum, I start to look sideways at the whole thing.

I'd love a big family just cause I love kids but I am a big believer in quality time for each so its kinda tricky for me.

Kids should be kids and not babysitters for their young sibings, you know?

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Nica View Post
    After 19 kids I can imagine sex being pleasurable for either of them.

Jim Bob probably standing on one side of the room, shooting cum in Michelle like is darts he playing

LMAO at that visual.U are so wrong for this................even tho it's probably true!

On the one hand I say if they can afford it,then why not. But then on the other hand I kinda feel like "hollywood" has gotten to them and they just breeding fuh breeding sake.........

Credits
    i dunno, if u need a nanny because of the numbers when u are a stay at home mum, I start to look sideways at the whole thing.

I'd love a big family just cause I love kids but I am a big believer in quality time for each so its kinda tricky for me.

Kids should be kids and not babysitters for their young sibings, you know?
    umm when i said nanny i meant her vajayjay.

and yes i agree with the last part but it happens even when the parents only have 2. older sis/bro get cuss/lix for something the younger sis/bro did

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast