Thread: DRUNK CANADIAN $10,000 fine or 9 months in a T&T JAIL

Credits

DRUNK CANADIAN $10,000 fine or 9 months in a T&T JAIL

He try a No Speak English ting which aint working in T&T:

By Jensen LaVende jensen.lavende@trinidadexpress.com

Story Created: Dec 9, 2010 at 11:57 PM ECT

Story Updated: Dec 9, 2010 at 11:57 PM ECT

FRENCH Canadian national Patrice Harvey was fined $10,000 yesterday after he appeared before Magistrate Wendy Dougdeen-Bally, charged with failing to provide a specimen of breath.

Harvey, 36, who has been in the country for the past 16 months, was also charged with driving or attempting to drive a vehicle under the influence of drink or drug so as to be incapable of controlling a vehicle.

Harvey, who was represented by defence attorney Anthony Cherry, was arrested on November 12 and ordered to pay the fines of $5,000 for each offence, forthwith or serve nine months in jail.

The facts read out by Court Prosecutor Cpl Edward Edmund stated that officers at the Four Roads Police Station responded to a call around 4.10 a.m. at La Horquette Valley Road, Glencoe.

On arrival they found Harvey on the ground and his white Nissan Frontier crashed into a wall. Harvey, who had a slurred speech and smelled of alcohol, attempted to get up but fell back down.

The security-equipment installation technician was eventually taken to the police station where Ag Sgt Andy Edwards tried to administer the breathalyser test. Harvey refused and was charged for the offence.

Cherry told Dougdeen-Bally that his client refused to take the test because he did not know what the device was and the language barrier assisted in him not giving the breath sample.

In passing sentence, Dougdeen-Bally said in Canada there is a zero tolerance for drunk driving adding that Harvey should have known better.

"Even though this country is considered third world our lives are just as valuable," Dougdeen-Bally said.

Cherry agreed saying that "they have to respect us a little more than that".

Gladiator
    I have no issue or debate with him being fined

Credits
    Thank the lord it was a wall and not someone or he aint end up in someone house
    Greenz till I die ( Pantonic panorama 2011 for me )

Gladiator
    Quote Originally Posted by theunknownone View Post
    Thank the lord it was a wall and not someone or he aint end up in someone house
    she would have probably been in a box six feet deep
    Last edited by Gladiator; 12-10-2010 at 12:09 PM.

Credits
    I don't know what does make people think the could drive better when they are high and if he couldn.t walk or stand how he get behind the wheel.
    Greenz till I die ( Pantonic panorama 2011 for me )

Toppa_Toppa
    Ah like this:

"Even though this country is considered third world our lives are just as valuable," Dougdeen-Bally said.