Thread: Drug ring at Columbia university

Credits

Credits
    Dem college campuses are seen as opportunity for low level drug dealers...
    Last edited by Hello BKLYN; 12-07-2010 at 08:57 PM.
    the healthy man does not torture others - generally it is the tortured who turn into torturers.

Carl G. Jung

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Hello BKLYN View Post
    Dem college campuses are seen as opportunity for low level drug dealers...
    A discrete dealer targeting a select scene at a college or university
    can make a very nice living while being well insulated from the violence
    surrounding many other segments of the market.
    Think For Yourself

Credits
    Funny, it was on my mind to make a thread about wth is up w/ Oneonta and drugs. Ran into an old friend the other day and she was catching me up on who doing what and seems like everyone that went to Oneonta strung out on drugs, in jail for drugs and one girl got killed behind drugs.
    "Those who are able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses." -Plato

"god is the deification of a culture."
    -Dr Yosef ben-Jochannan

Kakez868
    Quote Originally Posted by Redlocks View Post
    A discrete dealer targeting a select scene at a college or university
    can make a very nice living while being well insulated from the violence
    surrounding many other segments of the market.
    You Got It...Whereas Several Men Might Have Tuh Eat Off One Block And Run Shifts, Limiting The Amount Of Bread They Get And Heightening The Risk Of Beef (Which Also Focks Wit Da Money) Ah' College Campus Es Free Enterprise,An Yuh Dealing Wit' Clientele Who Not Quick To Fire On Yuh If Yuh Jerk Somebody..De Problem Is, On De Block It's Ah Constant Flow...Dem College Fellas Only Lookin Fuh De Ting At Dorm Party An Exam Time..AS Ah Functioning Drug Abuser Dey Have To Limit Intake..So Yuh Mus See Ah' Drought..In The End, If Yuh On Consignment, Yuh Neva Go Dig Yuhself Out Fockin Wit' On-Campus Custy's.

And Dem Quick To Bring Police An Jumbie Yuh Vibes

Credits
    NEW YORK – Five Columbia University students were charged Tuesday with selling LSD-spiked candy and other drugs at three fraternity houses and other residences on the Ivy League campus, with two allegedly claiming they needed the drug money to cover tuition.

Prosecutors say Coles told arresting officers, "I just sell it to pay tuition." David — described as the initial target of the investigation — allegedly said the same, adding that his father "won't pay tuition."
    Said Police Commissioner Raymond Kelly: "This is no way to work your way through college."
    I FULLY believe it.

Law school alone at Columbia is like $60,000...A YEAR...I am sure undergrad is NOT far behind.

Poor dem. Das why dem seh a woman wi name suh wi always lucky: if those 2 were females and that desperate, they would have stripped their way through college...but the body requirements much stricter for men...

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Kakez868 View Post
    You Got It...Whereas Several Men Might Have Tuh Eat Off One Block And Run Shifts, Limiting The Amount Of Bread They Get And Heightening The Risk Of Beef (Which Also Focks Wit Da Money) Ah' College Campus Es Free Enterprise,An Yuh Dealing Wit' Clientele Who Not Quick To Fire On Yuh If Yuh Jerk Somebody..De Problem Is, On De Block It's Ah Constant Flow...Dem College Fellas Only Lookin Fuh De Ting At Dorm Party An Exam Time..AS Ah Functioning Drug Abuser Dey Have To Limit Intake..So Yuh Mus See Ah' Drought..In The End, If Yuh On Consignment, Yuh Neva Go Dig Yuhself Out Fockin Wit' On-Campus Custy's.

And Dem Quick To Bring Police An Jumbie Yuh Vibes
    *eyes narrow* you know a BIT too much about the runnings of dat enuh.

I won't even ask.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Brownilus View Post
    I FULLY believe it.

Law school alone at Columbia is like $60,000...A YEAR...I am sure undergrad is NOT far behind.

Poor dem. Das why dem seh a woman wi name suh wi always lucky: if those 2 were females and that desperate, they would have stripped their way through college...but the body requirements much stricter for men...
    I doubt that....Columbia's need based financial aid for undergrads is very, very generous....Plus one of the alleged dealers was a Gates scholar so he tuition fixed...Additionally, most people who go to schools such as these have parents who can afford it. Just my 2 cents

Credits
    its culture and experimentation
    STATIC RADIO - www.islandmix.com/static
    Tunein Radio - Static Radio

LR Advertising LLC

Spranga
    how ironic

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by TriniBob View Post
    I doubt that....Columbia's need based financial aid for undergrads is very, very generous....Plus one of the alleged dealers was a Gates scholar so he tuition fixed...Additionally, most people who go to schools such as these have parents who can afford it. Just my 2 cents
    did you even READ the quote? One of them said HIS FATHER WON'T PAY.

Not can't. WON'T. That mean he does not qualify for the aid he would need, and is between a rock and a hard place.

oh snap no pun intended lol.

Aside from tuition there is books, room and board, food, transportation, and the miscellaneous living expenses and possibly lab expenses depending on major, laptop requirements at some schools...is not just tuition and fees. Who knows if they have meds or even some unknown expense they have to find money for that off the radar. Like legal fees trying to beat a DUI or whatever else, unplanned child, anything...

And no matter how generous the aid is, it still requires you to actually qualify first. The school wouldn't run if everybody can just go free, and those 2 quoted in the article seem to fall under the umbrella of kids who do not have all expenses covered.

I am sure there are many smart people who get in and don't have the actual support from parents that the w-2s and FAFSA would make one think they are able to get. It's called falling through the cracks.

lol no pun intended.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Spranga View Post
    how ironic
    ROFL name of the school and the coke ting right?

Spranga
    Quote Originally Posted by Brownilus View Post
    ROFL name of the school and the coke ting right?
    yep

Credits
    You might be shoked to see the type of kids that come from good familes and doing it to pay for school most cases thats the way men do it and most women work the pole and the street.
    Greenz till I die ( Pantonic panorama 2011 for me )

Brooklyn.Flatbush"11226" –Kings county Borough (home to the largest Islanders,west-Indian, Caribbean community living aboard from home)state of statue of liberty,movein to Europe OCT '12
    Credits
    I heard about this morning when I was reading am new york newspaper this morning .shaking my head
    I would like to Thank all the fake haitians, who came out during the west-indian parade, but who has no roots to Haiti island ,and no haitian accent !!!!!!
    Thanks again see you phony people next year !!!!!!! ,2013.

(Ayisien,we going to build it nice after the earthq"ke,R.i.p)

I'm on canal street buying me a Louie belt with my creole Beyonce',B.Gumbal,Lil Fizz ....dont get it twisted haters canal st in new orleans at saks not ny where them fake louie sells