Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: dressing for funerals

Credits

dressing for funerals

i am getting sick and tired of people not being able to dress appropriately for funerals.....i mean, i don't understand how one can reach adulthood and not own anything decent enough to wear...and if you don't have something to wear, why would you show up looking like the local hobo

the last couple of funerals i went to had women in backless dresses so tight, you couldsee their hearbeat and stiletto...yes everyone has that tight little black dress that they wear to the club or cocktail parties, but that is not appropriate for funerals, saw some women look like how they look on a sunday afternoon, running some errands in ill fitting jeans and baby tees (complete with muffin tops and bang belly, hanging out).....seen women in red blouses and red shoes...

funny thing is, the men always look decent...not hard to wear black slacks and a dark colored button down shirt..if you don't own a suit...but the women...my god
    Dr Insane likes this.
    you ALL AGREE with my opinion, which is why NONE of you ever EFFECTIVELY DISPUTE IT

you ONLY have faith in the WOMEN'S ability to ELEVATE which is why you only FOCUS ON WOMEN...you ALL have long given up on Black men

you just don't have the BALLS to OVERTLY AGREE....rather just do it INDIRECTLY

weak men only can deal with weaker women

in the presence of strength you diminish...

Kakez868
    Tell Em' Next Time.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Kakez868 View Post
    Tell Em' Next Time.

trust me, my friend bring someone to the funeral i went last night, and that person did not even know the deceased person, and the person that they brought was dressed totally inappropriately and i kindly let my friend know that after the funeral....the girl show up in a pink, cloth oversized flimsy dress that look like something you sleep in....look like a pajama top but without the buttons...and it was short...and every time we get up to sing hims, she have to hold the bottom and gather it together...

i tell my friend straight to get rid of that bird....
    you ALL AGREE with my opinion, which is why NONE of you ever EFFECTIVELY DISPUTE IT

you ONLY have faith in the WOMEN'S ability to ELEVATE which is why you only FOCUS ON WOMEN...you ALL have long given up on Black men

Credits
    Dress code will be strictly enforced at my funeral

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Richard View Post

you gonna enforce it from the coffin?

or will you be one of those people that request everyone wear all white or all bright colors and sing happy uplifting songs?

i just wondered if i missed the memo that black is not required for funerals anymore

TC
    Credits
    I dun oui. I used to talk about this topic. But now I dun.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by TC View Post
    I dun oui. I used to talk about this topic. But now I dun.
    talk nuh....i love read your opinions....they always come across with energy and passion

Credits
    i see this same thing live at my neighbor funeral years ago.. dese other birds that lived next door.. a family i know well but the daughters and i grew apart ,,, well papayo.. i almost dead when i see dem show up in backless sleeveless neckline plunging down to they nash.. long split up the side and in front dresses like dey going to the prom at de woman funeral.. de dress and dem was so tight eh... i was like whoa.. wtf??? and kill dem dead dey sexy smh..
    Never waste your time trying to explain who you are to people who are committed to misunderstanding you.

Velvet Glove. Iron Fist

mi style still sharp .....u a A-Minor and dem a B-Flat

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by ladyrastafari View Post
    i see this same thing live at my neighbor funeral years ago.. dese other birds that lived next door.. a family i know well but the daughters and i grew apart ,,, well papayo.. i almost dead when i see dem show up in backless sleeveless neckline plunging down to they nash.. long split up the side and in front dresses like dey going to the prom at de woman funeral.. de dress and dem was so tight eh... i was like whoa.. wtf??? and kill dem dead dey sexy smh..
    oh, so my anno di only one weh notice it....whew...i thought something was wrong with me.....i guess there must have been a memo sent, and i just missed it....cause jah kno

Credits
    lawd I thought was me alone find this utterly disrespectful. I'm appalled when I see them, is it just that people really lost dey sense of decency or maybe we ass too old and need to get with the program..
    ‎"In the absence of light Darkness prevails."

"Free will; it's a b*tch"

Kakez868
    Quote Originally Posted by NikkiGiovanni View Post
    trust me, my friend bring someone to the funeral i went last night, and that person did not even know the deceased person, and the person that they brought was dressed totally inappropriately and i kindly let my friend know that after the funeral....the girl show up in a pink, cloth oversized flimsy dress that look like something you sleep in....look like a pajama top but without the buttons...and it was short...and every time we get up to sing hims, she have to hold the bottom and gather it together...

i tell my friend straight to get rid of that bird....
    Ways...Ah' See How Yuh' Mean.

That's Kinda Disrespectful Almost.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by NikkiGiovanni View Post
    i am getting sick and tired of people not being able to dress appropriately for funerals.....i mean, i don't understand how one can reach adulthood and not own anything decent enough to wear...and if you don't have something to wear, why would you show up looking like the local hobo

the last couple of funerals i went to had women in backless dresses so tight, you couldsee their hearbeat and stiletto...yes everyone has that tight little black dress that they wear to the club or cocktail parties, but that is not appropriate for funerals, saw some women look like how they look on a sunday afternoon, running some errands in ill fitting jeans and baby tees (complete with muffin tops and bang belly, hanging out).....seen women in red blouses and red shoes...

funny thing is, the men always look decent...not hard to wear black slacks and a dark colored button down shirt..if you don't own a suit...but the women...my god
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Richard View Post
    ROFL at the two of you!

A true doh!

I might need to edit my will...wait my family have sense. lols.

Credits

i see people still didn't get the memo on how to dress appropriately

LB
    Credits
    I think there has been a decline overall of people dressing up or dressing appropriately for special occasions and not just funerals....weddings....graduations....night at the theatre....people dont feel the need to show respect or distinguish an occasion by not wearing their everyday clothes.

Makes me nutty because that is how I was raised. You have your daily wear and then you have your special occasion clothing. I used to think it was a generational thing but when you take a stock its people of all age brackets that dress with slackness at the most inappropriate times. It is simply as shift in values.

P.S. White represents the death in many cultures so white clothing isn't too out of the ordinary for funerals.
    "Twats you people be" - Chinks

"Don't try to win over the haters, you're not the jackass whisperer."

Some people get you and some people donít, and to spend your life trying to make people understand how deep and complex and varied you are ó I think that way lies madness - K. Blanchett

"The leopard's stealthy gait is not a result of cowardice; it is simply stalking a prey." (Do not mistake people's gentle nature for spinelessness) - Yoruba Proverb

Credits
    times have changed and ppl along with it.. ppl do what they WANT to do..not what they're supposed to do. thats todays world..we live ina me, me, ME world

things and ppl are not what they used to be...Example...my father gets HIGHLY upset if i need him to drop me or pick me from the airport and i have on jeans or flops...he INSISTS you are supposed to dress your sunday best for travel, especially flying..: I WILL NOT!.....but that is what they did in his time

im not one of those ppl who feel you are restricted to a certain color during funerals...BUT, i feel modest dress is a show of respect and all the extras NIkki talking, its just disgusting, but its a sign of our times
    BELLY FULL BUT DEM STARVIN'

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast