Thread: Dr. Jan Adams Walks Out on Larry King

Credits

Dr. Jan Adams Walks Out on Larry King

Plastic surgeon appears on camera to say he's not doing the interview.
    Also, he tells newspaper Donda West may have taken too much Vicodin.

*Dr. Jan Adams waited until his appearance on CNN's "Larry King Live" last night to tell the host that he was backing out of his scheduled interview. (Scroll down to watch clip.)

After introducing the man who performed plastic surgery on Donda West one day before her death on Nov. 10, King said to him: "I understand you want to say something."

Adams proceeded to thank King for allowing him the opportunity to discuss the bad press that has followed him since announcing he had performed the tummy tuck and breast reduction on Kanye's mom.

"Basically, I had come here to talk about things in the press that aren't accurate about me," he told King. "But I have a tremendous amount of love and respect for the West family and they've asked me not to go on. And I've said from the very beginning, I don't have a side in this. They are my side, and so I'm going to respect their wishes. I'm going to apologize to you because I think I'm taking up your airtime. But I will not be on the show and I will not discuss any of that. I'm going to honor their wishes. Okay?"

"Meaning you won't answer any questions about anything?" King asked.

"None," said Adams.

"Well will you ever answer questions? I mean, where will this go?"

Adams replied: "I will talk with [the family]. When they're comfortable, then I'll be comfortable. If they're never comfortable, then I'll never be comfortable. They are what's important to me. I've said that from the start, and that's what I'll continue to honor."

With that, Adams began removing his earpiece.

"But don't you want to speak out?" asked King as the plastic surgeon rose to his feet.

"No," Adams said with a grin. "I do not."

King said: "But you came here to speak out."

Adams shook King's hand and said: "That's correct, but I'm going to honor their wishes."

As Adams walks off the set, King went to a commercial, promising return of the panel that had preceded the doctor's appearance on the show including CNN culture reporter Lola Ogunnaike, People magazine's Senior Editor Galina Espinoza, who spoke about Adams' interview in an upcoming issue, and "Access Hollywood" reporter Shaun Robinson, who reported on Dr. West's funeral in Oklahoma Tuesday.

When reassembled unexpectedly following Adams' walkout, the discussion focused on possible reasons why the plastic surgeon would refuse the opportunity to clear his name regarding issues unrelated to Dr. West, like his DUI arrests, various malpractice suits and domestic violence allegations.

Alan Tenenbaum, an attorney for Jan Adams, later appeared on "Larry King Live" to affirm that his client pulled out of the interview for no other reason than to respect the wishes of the West family. A lawyer representing West had faxed a letter to the office of another attorney for Adams requesting that he not go through with the show, Tenenbaum explained.

Before his scheduled appearance on "Larry King" last night, Adams did speak at length to the Los Angeles Times. He said that Donda West had "no problems whatsoever" after he performed her plastic surgery. But, he did prescribe painkiller Vicodin to her because she was in a lot of pain. Adams suggested that "a rough night" may have led her to take a fatal dose of the pills.

"That's one speculation on my part, yes." Adams told the newspaper, "I believe I know exactly what happened to her, but I will not comment on it until I see the final report."

Adams also said a According to TMZ.com, Dr. Adams called the Los Angeles Times hours after his interview ended to say that he had not been talking about Dr. West's case in particular -- but rather about a hypothetical patient facing similar problems.

Credits
    what a fassseyyy!!!

Credits
    Wow...I do not trust this guy...he is playing games with the media....but he is pretty much done as any kind of plastic surgeon in this country.....Brazil or Dominican republic here he comes.
    Even if he was not negligent in this case he has such an ugly past he will never live it down.
    It is sad she gave her life away....those two procedures are so risky for an older person with "alleged" health problems....sad sad.

Credits
    dude smelled the lawsuit coming

Credits
    why is he a fassey? i think it's pretty admirable that he didn't want to go blurting out any more information in regards to this case. as long as he's abiding by the family's wishes, he's doing the right thing IMO.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Hershey View Post
    why is he a fassey? i think it's pretty admirable that he didn't want to go blurting out any more information in regards to this case. as long as he's abiding by the family's wishes, he's doing the right thing IMO.
    you think he had a lastmin change of heart?

Credits
    He's a fassie cause he din bong to come all d way day and make an appearance juss to say dat.. WHy he did that? Whats his motive? He cun cancel...and let Larry King say dat.. he come all d way on d show to say dat and then walk off..oh pls. d man full ah kakaaa

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by TriniDivaWoman View Post
    He's a fassie cause he din bong to come all d way day and make an appearance juss to say dat.. WHy he did that? Whats his motive? He cun cancel...and let Larry King say dat.. he come all d way on d show to say dat and then walk off..oh pls. d man full ah kakaaa
    you are ignorant

If you don't know all the information ask question biatch instead of labeling people.

I don't think he is admirable at all, he is an idiot .

He did something uncalled for, but basically he got the message 10 mins from showtime that the west family Faxes his lawyers requested he doesn't discuss the issue on larry King.

Wait, all this info is in this thread, I guess you never read it.

Did the article say he didn't come on at the time he should have because he was in decision mode, so he came on late and said he can't do the show in an uncalled for manner

Ignorant biatch.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by liteskinboy View Post
    you are ignorant

If you don't know all the information ask question biatch instead of labeling people.

I don't think he is admirable at all, he is an idiot .

He did something uncalled for, but basically he got the message 10 mins from showtime that the west family Faxes his lawyers requested he doesn't discuss the issue on larry King.

Wait, all this info is in this thread, I guess you never read it.

Did the article say he didn't come on at the time he should have because he was in decision mode, so he came on late and said he can't do the show in an uncalled for manner

Ignorant biatch.
    He still a fassie.... juss like u, yuh waste mooma and yuh dead prick poopa....Still a fassie'ol..Go on with yuh antics tho ...yuh entertaining. :

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ View Post
    you think he had a lastmin change of heart?
    he may have or he may have simply received info from his lawyer that he would be sued by the West family if he said anything. either way, he's honoring their wishes. do you think he's gonna come on and say "so i've been threatened with a lawsuit and thus, cannot make any comments"? lol it may be true, but that's not the hollywood way.

Quote Originally Posted by TriniDivaWoman View Post
    um... Larry King may have read statement from him however, it brings the matter home for him to step up and say it himself. it's all about image.

Credits
    he may have or he may have simply received info from his lawyer that he would be sued by the West family if he said anything. either way, he's honoring their wishes. do you think he's gonna come on and say "so i've been threatened with a lawsuit and thus, cannot make any comments"? lol it may be true, but that's not the hollywood way.

um... Larry King may have read statement from him however, it brings the matter home for him to step up and say it himself. it's all about image.
    Ah now soak een d article in its entirety eh.....I think something's fisshy about him still eh. Really But I guess if was me in Kanye dem position I woulda want him to zip it too..esp if it might show Mrs,. West in an unfavourable light. meaning she was too harden!! Poor dem!! But he juss make he self kinda look more schupid in d media eyes now. He WILL eventually talk...truss me.