Thread: Donna Summer loves Rihanna

Credits

Donna Summer loves Rihanna

I decided to post this since Donna Summer is my favorite singer. I was kind of surprise and not so surprise by it.

Yep, the Queen of Disco says she loves Rihanna and Amy Winehouse when she was asked about this years' grammy winners from a recent interview with the Miami Herald.

Q: You've won multiple Grammys. Any favorites among this year's winners?

A: I love Amy Winehouse -- she's great, so different. I pray for her, that she gets over [her drug problems] -- it's rough. But she can do it -- she's got so much going for her.

I love Rihanna -- she's a hot little number. She's got a really good look, a good sound -- she's working it. But usually by the time I like something my kids say, ``Mom, that's been out for six months!''

This is the link to the article:

Meet Donna Summer, the Queen of Disco - 02/15/2008 - MiamiHerald.com

For those of you who are tired of Rihanna threads, I am sorry for this one but i couldn't let it past.
    Last edited by BFFan; 02-21-2008 at 08:33 PM.

Credits
    who is donna summer?

i am glad she loves rihanna, paul mccartney the beetles member says he also loves rihanna. he says he loves umbrella so bad.

McCartney admits he’s a Rihanna fan

Paul McCartney has revealed he wants to see Rihanna perform her hit single ‘Umbrella’ at the Brits. Speaking to Brits Radio, McCartney said: “I hope she doesn’t sing something else. That would be the one we would all want to hear.

“I love that song and I wouldn’t like her to do another. So please Rihanna - hear my plea.”

Nu rave band Klaxons confirmed they will duet with the R’n'B singer, performing an electronic version of ‘Umbrella’ with “a twist of ‘Golden Skans’”. McCartney will pick up an Outstanding Contribution to Music award at this Wednesday’s show.

Digital Spy

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by BAJANFUHLIFE View Post
    who is donna summer?
    i am glad she loves rihanna, paul mccartney the beetles member says he also loves rihanna. he says he loves umbrella so bad.

McCartney admits he’s a Rihanna fan

Paul McCartney has revealed he wants to see Rihanna perform her hit single ‘Umbrella’ at the Brits. Speaking to Brits Radio, McCartney said: “I hope she doesn’t sing something else. That would be the one we would all want to hear.

“I love that song and I wouldn’t like her to do another. So please Rihanna - hear my plea.”

Nu rave band Klaxons confirmed they will duet with the R’n'B singer, performing an electronic version of ‘Umbrella’ with “a twist of ‘Golden Skans’”. McCartney will pick up an Outstanding Contribution to Music award at this Wednesday’s show.

Digital Spy
    You really don't know who Donna Summer is? Well alot of young people don't either (so don't feel bad) but she is the celebrated Queen of Disco one of the most successful women in modern music history. But she also had some success in rnb, rock gospel and country western...she is well rounded musically.

She 59 years old but can still sing good as hell, as a matter of fact she has an album coming out this year, her first in 17 years.

maybe Rihanna doing a duet with Donna Summer might not be such a bad thing but i think if they are to ever hook up to do something together I think Rihanna should use Donna as one of her writers.

Credits
    Here are some Donna Summer performances of some of her hits back in the 70's and the same tunes done again in 2005.

I Feel Love in 1977, this was a ground breaking tune in that it was the first electronic pop tune ever

I Feel Love in 2005,

MacArthur Park in 1977 or 78

MacArthur Park in 2005

Love to Love You Baby in 1975, her first big hit