Thread: Dominica is the place to be in October

Credits

Dominica is the place to be in October

If you haven't bought your ticket to Dominica already, then you just may miss out on the festival. Flights are usually fully booked by this time.

We're having a revival of Cadence Music, (original D/a music). They'll be the Candence-lypso competition, grand prizer EC$10,000 (US$4000)

Also the legends of Cadence concert feturing Jeff Joe of Grammacks, Bilomen, La Perfecta of Martinique, Les aiglons of Martinique, Midnight Groovers, Ophelia and more....

Then the feting really starts from Monday 24th Oct to Monday 31st Oct (daybreak) Oh Krosfyah and Red Hott Flames will be there.......cyah wait to see them. Also Michele Henderson, Nellt St. Stharre, WCK, Triple Kay, Impromtu and yours truly with Aftashok......there'll be more bands but me cya remember them all! The will also be pan and other activities on the side stage.

The Festival really heats up on the weekend starting from Friday. Saturday has KASSAV and Sunday..........MACHEL AND XTATIK! They'll be taking us into the morning.

November 3rd is Independence Day and November 4th is community day of service. After the various communities complete their projects, we have a mini carnival, with band on the road and all. Some areas may just have a blocko street jam. Either way it's great!

Oh and did I mention the food?
    This morning I ate black pudding. You can get saltfish sancoche, (saltfish is coconut sauce) crab backs, callaloo, smoked meats, wild life (manicou, agouti, wild boar) accras, roast breadfruit and saltfish, souse, goat water (manish water)
    conch, crawfish, octopus, oh gosh ..........
    Those Who Sacrifice Freedom for Security Deserve Neither
    www.cookingwithval.com
    http://www.snackhealthy.com/snackwithval
    @cookingwithval
    @NicaBlack

Credits
    what happened to the creole festival
    b/c i seeing soca artists there
    Quote Originally Posted by Val
    If you haven't bought your ticket to Dominica already, then you just may miss out on the festival. Flights are usually fully booked by this time.

We're having a revival of Cadence Music, (original D/a music). They'll be the Candence-lypso competition, grand prizer EC$10,000 (US$4000)

Also the legends of Cadence concert feturing Jeff Joe of Grammacks, Bilomen, La Perfecta of Martinique, Les aiglons of Martinique, Midnight Groovers, Ophelia and more....

Then the feting really starts from Monday 24th Oct to Monday 31st Oct (daybreak) Oh Krosfyah and Red Hott Flames will be there.......cyah wait to see them. Also Michele Henderson, Nellt St. Stharre, WCK, Triple Kay, Impromtu and yours truly with Aftashok......there'll be more bands but me cya remember them all! The will also be pan and other activities on the side stage.

The Festival really heats up on the weekend starting from Friday. Saturday has KASSAV and Sunday..........MACHEL AND XTATIK! They'll be taking us into the morning.

November 3rd is Independence Day and November 4th is community day of service. After the various communities complete their projects, we have a mini carnival, with band on the road and all. Some areas may just have a blocko street jam. Either way it's great!

This morning I ate black pudding. You can get saltfish sancoche, (saltfish is coconut sauce) crab backs, callaloo, smoked meats, wild life (manicou, agouti, wild boar) accras, roast breadfruit and saltfish, souse, goat water (manish water)

Credits
    Since this is a soca/calypso site I higlighted the soca acts. Below is the line up for the fest. Lots of creole acts.

FRIDAY , OCTOBER 28,2005
    Main Stage
    Sizzla (Jamaica)
    Cool Session Brass (Virgin Islands)
    Ban' Biyo (Guadeloupe)
    Djakout (Haiti)
    WCK (Dominica)

SATURDAY, OCTOBER 29,2005
    Main Stage
    Ti Kabzy (Montreal)
    Kassav (France)
    Michele Henderson (Dominica)
    Liquid Ice (Dominica)
    Palenque son Karibe (Venezuela)

SUNDAY, OCTOBER 30,2005
    Main Stage
    X-Tatik (Trinidad)
    Nu-Look (Haiti)
    Monique Seka (Africa)
    Midnight Groovers (Dominica)
    Patrick St. Eloi (Guadeloupe)
    www.cookingwithval.com
    @cookingwithval
    @NicaBlack

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Val

so wah they going to raffle off in the park this year???

Credits
    I haven't heard of any raffle this year though.
    www.cookingwithval.com
    @cookingwithval
    @NicaBlack